“Beautiful Hotel / Poor Cabana Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of W Scottsdale

W Scottsdale
Ranked #49 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Trabuco Canyon, California
“Beautiful Hotel / Poor Cabana Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

I was with a group of young women to celebrate a bachelorette party / weekend. The hotel was very beautiful and accommodating. Within walking distance to pretty much everything. Our room was very nice, good size. Toilet closet is not very private, I would prefer a bit more privacy.
We had reserved a cabana for the day. There were not enough servers to take care of us. It was really busy, I felt there should be a server that only concentrates on the cabanas. We felt like we had to wait too long for service and had to go to the bar for drinks. Ordered some appetizers, food was good, however very small portions. Maybe consider making an appetizer menu that would be plenty for two to four people.

Room Tip: Choose one on the poolside for a better view.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

Planned a staycation for the wife and I. As soon as i told Mallory at the friend desk she offered Champagne and Strawberries and personally prepared the room!! She made me feel special and at home yet Romantic. Everything was perfect thanks to her.

Alexa W, Manager at W Scottsdale, responded to this review, 5 September 2014
Hello!

I'm so glad to hear we could make your stay so special for you and your wife! Celebrating with champagne and strawberries is just what you need to kick off a romantic weekend. I look forward to passing your compliments along to Mallory!

See you next time,
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

They over charge you if you dont pay attention to your bill details, they charged me for self parking and valet parking (double charges per day ) and additional charges for local calls . the customer service is not good , the staff members dont share information with each other and you have to explain the same thing over and over again to every one . the hotel is very very loud on Thursday nights . their food quality is not that great comparing to the price , and there is no coffee makers in the rooms .......

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Shima S
Alexa W, Manager at W Scottsdale, responded to this review, 5 September 2014
Hi Shima,

Thank you for bringing your experience to our attention. It is very important to us that our guests are billed accurately and well taken care of throughout their stay. If you have any problems, please bring it to the attention of a manager and we will ensure it is quickly resolved so that you might enjoy the rest of your stay with us.

I hope we can welcome you back for a better experience.

Phoenix, AZ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

My husband booked this stay cation as a surprise and what a surprise it was………we had been to the Sushi Roku before, but not to the hotel. We arrived on Friday at 3 pm and our room was not quite ready, so they offered us drink tickets and we went upstairs to the pool bar to wait. From the moment we got there, the service and the atmosphere were wonderful. Every employee always had a smile on their face and was ready to do their best to get us whatever we needed. Among the wonderful staff, i have to mention by name, Jilly(Office Manager),Cody(Restaurant Manager)Mallory(Pool Server)Tony(Sushi chef), Ryan(Pool Manager) and Sean(Manager who we saw at every turn. These people made our experience so much better than we could have imagined-they understand the meaning of the words "customer service."
The room we had was an upgrade to a mini suite and it was large and very comfortable. They provided many amenities in case you forgot to pack something……..and if you call for a coffee pot, they deliver a Keurig for you to keep your entire stay!
The hotel, while best suited for a "younger" crowd, we loved the people watching and enjoyed doing something "different!" If you are going there for a quiet, sedate weekend and don;t want to be around young energetic 20-30 somethings---try some place else!!!!! It is a great place for "bachelorette" parties from what we could tell.
We will be going back for sure……and soon!

Room Tip: Call Jilly, tell her your circumstances and see what she can do for you!
1 Thank Twohomes
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

I really wanted to love my stay here but sadly I just didn't. Customer service was lacking. When you stay at higher end hotels that is what sets it apart is how they make you feel. They made me feel like they were doing me a favor by staying here. 3 nights into my stay the person at the front desk finally greeted me as I walked in. Mind you the first 2 nights the front desk person was not on the phone nor with a guest yet just didn't bother to say hello.

The rooms are nice, a bit cramped but it is a hotel. The rooms are starting to show age. As a guest you pay $29 a day for parking, I get paying for parking but almost $30? Of you can park off site and walk in 115 degree weather for $10. Last but not least, after high rates for rooms, high rates for just ok room service and bad customer service they charge you for internet and your cell phone internet seems to only work at times in the hotel. How do you charge high rates for rooms and not through in free wifi.

Very disappointed with the W.

• Stayed July 2014
Hello,

I assure you, your experience is not typical. Our talent takes great care to ensure that all of guests feel welcome the throughout their stay. We are in the process of refreshing many aspects of our hotel so keep an eye out for updates.

You can often find parking along the street or any nearby garages. We offer valet parking to our guest for convenience and assure you the service makes it well worth the price. Our internet charges are similar to many hotels in area. We invite you to enjoy some complimentary coffee and tea in The Living Room where the Wi-Fi is also complimentary.

I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

The service at the W Scottsdale was very good and all the staff I encountered - restaurant, check-in, room service, valet, pool deck - all seemed genuinely interested in making my stay a positive one and they were very accommodating. As you walk around the hotel all the employees smile and say hello. That being said, I was incredibly disappointed in the quality of the room and in totality the entire property is waning and in need of a facelift. During my stay I was in a "cool corner suite" and the room did not meet the standards of the W brand nor did it meet the standards of a 4 star hotel. The carpet is so filthy I'm scratching my head why it is not cleaned or replaced. The furniture and bathroom are also really worn .... you just don't feel like you're in a suite. It's also difficult to be a business traveler in a property that requires you to pay $15 for coffee to be brought to your room (where's the one-cup coffee maker found in so many other properties?) and wants you to pay top dollar for internet per night. As a Platinum traveler with Starwood I've stayed in many other W Hotels and not had this experience.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Hello!

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. We take the condition and cleanliness of our rooms very seriously. We are in the process of refreshing many aspects of our hotel. Check back for progress! If you'd like a coffeemaker in your room, we would be happy to bring one to you. Just give us a call at Whatever/Whenever. I hope we can welcome you back for a more enjoyable stay soon.

Edmonton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

From the valet to check out- everyone at the W is professional and made our whole trip (again) a great time.

The valet always greats with a smile whether you show up in a cab, sedan, car rental or motorcycle. Check in is always a breeze- and whatever/whenever finds you what you need. In our case it was pizza at 3AM!

The pool area yes can be a loud party area on the weekends- and to be fair it is explained prior to arrival by email this is not fitting for families. They do try and contain the party to public areas unless you have a suite and security is not afraid to come and ask you to keep it down if you get a bit noisy in your room :)

During the week however it is a calm oasis with excellent service. I really enjoy the ramp up on the weekend and decompress during the week.

All in all another win for the W brand.

Hello!

We live by Whatever/Whenever. You want pizza, you can bet we will find it for you. You assessment of our hotel is on point. While we do our best to accommodate all of our guests, we don't recommend bringing your kids. We are always quick to mitigate any noise issues in rooms, but you are always welcome to bring it to the WET deck or Living Room. We'll see you soon!