“Excellent”
Review of W Scottsdale

W Scottsdale
Ranked #49 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed 8 July 2010

Very nice top notch hotel. Nice outdoor pool on the second floor with a fulll bar, waiters, music, misters, and so on. Night club type feel. Really nice.

Rooms were very modern. 5 minute walk from restaurants, town, and a nice indoor mall. Great place. HOT.

If you have to be down in this terrible heat, 108 the day I was there. Treat yourself to a nice place like this.

• Stayed: June 2010

Reviewed 7 July 2010

I ordered room service on the night of my arrival. Twenty four hours later there were still bottle caps, half used ketchup bottle and other scraps still in my room. Front desk guy said this was normal because "some people complain when too much is removed from the room". It also costs $26 to park your car. I'd pass on this place.

Starwood Platium Member

1  Thank Bingbangboing
alyskie, Manager at W Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2010

Well hello there! Thank you for sharing your W experience. We apologize that our service fell short during your recent stay. There is no excuse for those items to have been left that long in your room. We appreciate your feedback and have passed it on to the appropriate departments to ensure that future guests do not experience the same frustrations. We unfortunately do not have flexibility with our valet pricing at this time, but are happy to provide recommendations for nearby public options! We hope to have the chance to welcome you again! Warmest Wishes, Alyssa Kiefer, W Scottsdale

Reviewed 5 July 2010

I were not a big fan of the rooms at this hotel mostly given the lack of privacy that the bathrooms offer, a little too trendy for my taste. But the lobby and the roofdeck were fantastic and I would return for that, but stay at different hotel.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PHCDK
Reviewed 2 July 2010

This place was awesome!! I went for my bachelorette party with about 10 of my friends and we all had a blast! We don't have anything bad or negative to say about the W! The staff was so great and they provide amazing service! We absolutely loved everything about our stay and the pool was so much fun! And the manager, Carlos, was so great!!! I would definitely recommend this place for a fun weekend! We already started talking about making it an annual trip!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 June 2010

My experience at the W Scottsdale was wonderful. The first time I booked this resort I didn’t know what to expect. All I knew was the weather would be really hot. As a Starwood Preferred Platinum Guest, I was treated with an automatic suite upgrade without asking. The rooms there are what you would expect from a W property. I was caught by surprise that there was actually a fun Hollywood style pool party on the weekend with ample room to move around. I have been to many in Los Angeles and this one is one of the best. If you are a hotel guest I would suggest reserving a chair or getting a cabana if you have a large group. Not much swimming going on but a lot of standing in the pool. There is a really hip nightclub on the weekend that I would suggest going to if you like dancing or listening to good music. For food, I would suggest going to Sushi Roku for happy hour. Good sushi, sake, and cocktails at a reasonable price. There are also really cool local attractions as well. In walking distance there is a neat little speakeasy wine bar that I frequented during my past stay.

Beyond the beautiful property, the customer service was superb. The W Insider Sarah did a fantastic job of coordinating all my activities and made my experience a great one. When is the last time someone sent a proactive personal email welcoming you back prior to arrival? I feel like a very spoiled guest. The bar has been raised!

• Stayed: June 2010
1  Thank peter_vpnet
Reviewed 28 June 2010

Your staff was very accommodating to my every need and request. The check –in only took about 3 minutes, the prompt response in answering the phones was so appreciated when I called the front desk, and the bellman and doorman were absolutely charming and so helpful in finding transportation for me. The Concierge not only told me about the pool area, but, also gave me a tour of the bar, lounge and pool. Every time I entered your hotel, a member of your staff recognized me and asked if I need anything and made me feel so special.

The room was decorated in two of my favorite colors and the overall the arrangement of the furniture was very comfortable. The closet, I really liked because of the wonderful lighting inside, and the shower was fabulous with natural light beaming through the glass. The pillows were great and not too puffy.

I will definitely stay at your hotel again in my favorite city, Scottsdale, and will recommend you to others as well.

Thank you so much for allowing me to have such a positive and inspirational stay at your property, the W Hotel in Scottsdale!!! And I will return!

Kimberly

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
alyskie, Manager at W Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2010

Well hello there Kimberly! Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a W-onderful review about your W Scottsdale experience! We are so glad to hear that you were well taken care of by our talent and that you enjoyed all the amenities we have to offer! We will look forward to welcoming you again the next time you visit Scottsdale and appreciate you spreading the word! Warmest Wishes - Alyssa Kiefer - W Scottsdale

Reviewed 28 June 2010

W Scottsdale has set the bar so high for me that I will be a loyal guest forever. My check in experience was superb from the time I gave my car to the valet and then checked in at the front desk. You can tell that the employees love working there and are eager to please. The room was spacious and comfortable stocked with Bliss Spa amenities. Facilities I used were the gym and pool which exceeded my expectations. Even though I wasn't traveling for business, I used the Wired area to conduct a few pieces of work and everything was available for my use. Bliss Spa in on site and the spa experience was sublime. Sushi Roku is a restaurant on site and serves excellent complimentary coffee in the morning and has a great breakfast menu. Yvette, my server, was superb and helped me select the Huevos Rancheros which were perfect with the right amount of heat and flavor. The W bed was incredibly comfortable and I had excellent sleep with no outside noise at all. I will be sure to make this a hotel of choice to my colleagues who travel here and to my friends and neighbors who want a staycation. Thank you W for a job well done.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo