“Ready to roll....(sushi roll if anything else...)”
Review of Akita Sushi

Akita Sushi
Ranked #517 of 1,267 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: Sushi
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Ready to roll....(sushi roll if anything else...)”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I went there a few days ago with my girlfriend and I have to say the food was very good, very fresh and nicely priced... The entire staff was friendly and attentive (well, we were the only one there), overall this is a great spot to have good sushi, rather quickly, thanks to the revolving belt. Akita is facing one issue in my opinion, a real big issue and it's the location !!! The SE corner of Via Linda and 90 th is a nightmare to get to !! You can easily miss the entrance of this strip mall WHEREVER you come from, the access was poorly designed...This particular spot has been at least 6 different restaurants the last 10 years...Anyway, I wish them success and hope they can stay in business and thrive !!

• Visited May 2014

“Best Sushi in the Phoenix Metro! ”
Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

We tried Akita (the newest and best robata) during it's second week open which if you're like me and can't wait for the dust to settle on a new dining adventure, you know the food and service can be a challenge.

Not true at Akita. We went during the middle of the dinner rush but were greeted and seated promptly. We lucked out in getting to sit at the inside end of the first bend of their beautiful and mesmerizing stainless steel conveyor that resembles shimmering fish scales.

The sushi options were numerous and very fresh. It took watching the rotation almost two full circuits before I could make up my mind! Of course I went for my favorite yellowtail (Hamachi) and the Tuna (Maguro). But I was also lured by the Manhattan and Spider rolls. Their spicy Tuna and Salmon rolls were good and had a nice spice, but for me they need a version that is mostly Siracha, perhaps I'll ask them to make me one and call it the Nitro Roll??

Plates on the conveyor run between $1.50 thru $5 for 2 - 4 pieces. Be sure to make it easy on your server and stack your plates by color. It will make getting your bill fast and more accurate. Our bill for 14 plates 3 beers and hot tea came to just over $40. I've never had that much good sushi for so little. Oh, they also have a good selection of items for the non sushi people too!

1 Thank Diana C
upstate NY
“Really good!”
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

My family took me here for mothers day. We love the revolving sushi concept. Really fast and we can try lots of different kinds of food because of the small portions and low prices. My husband loved the baby octopus and the squid salad. He also said the fresh tuna was excellent. I had sweet potato sushi - tasty and we all shared gyoza, fried tofu (age tofu), and a couple other sushi rolls. All were very good or excellent. Service was friendly but still working out the kinks of a new operation. The chef came to our table and asked how we liked the meal. He explained how he gets the fish fresh, not frozen, giving customers higher quality. Very very good! We will definitely go back and highly recommend.