“Super Value, Super Staff, always clean, just a GREAT place to stay!”

Fairfield Inn Scottsdale North
Ranked #63 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed 6 January 2011

I travel to Phoenix/Scottsdale AZ often. I have paid more and less to stay in town. Never have I gotten a better valued hand dealt to me, then when I stay at this hotel. Rooms are crisp and clean, free wifi, parking, always a hot pot of coffee in the lobby. The staff bends over backwards to ensure your comfort and care. Great Italian restaurant (Arrivaderci), nearby in a short walk. Less than a mile and a half from Kierland Commons, many other great restaurants and shopping as well. Conveniently located near the Mayo hospitals. This hotel is priced perfectly. Great pool, Hot tub, and on-site workout room. Guest Laundry, all saddled with a most gracious and friendly staff. Who could want for more!

Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
5  Thank glmarketingdude
There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn Scottsdale North

Reviewed 14 December 2010

The only complaint I have is of the proximity to the airport & the private planes flying low overhead. However, they did stop by midnight but resumed around 7AM. The bedding was superb, the coverlet looked brand new--it and the shower curtain still had the folds in them. I scanned for bedbugs & found nothing. The heater did not have a thermostat, but rather blew at different speeds, very noisy. I shut it off & the room stayed nice & warm throughout the night. I appreciated the magnets in the shower curtain so it wouldn't blow against me. The lighting was quite good, better than in some pricey hotels we've stayed at. Satellite TV had a great picture. Great bargain with free internet & free "local" calls which included the entire state of AZ! We got the Best Guaranteed rate (better than the Sr. rate) & expect a $50 rebate as well through Entertainment book. Free breakfast was the usual, nothing great but it was fine enough that we didn't have to buy another meal. Definitely would stay here again. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2010

Pool was green but manager would not admit to it. Woke up to smell of cigarette smoke. Management does not care at all about customer service.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
FairfieldInnScotts, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Scottsdale North, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2010

Thank you for sharing your impressions. Guest feedback, whether positive or negative, is an important tool to providing quality guest service.

We are required to document every day the pool levels and I assure you that I have gone over all the documents and the levels were fine. Our pool is routinely shocked to maintain the correct chlorine level. We also checked the rooms next door to you to see if there was any smell of cigarette smoke and I did not find any evidence. In addition, we received no other guest complaints in regards to the pool or smoking in the hotel during the time of your stay.

Reviewed 31 May 2010

We travel to Scottsdale quite frequently and this was our first stay at the Fairfield Inn. We were greeted by Kimberly who checked us in quite quickly and efficiently and our room requests were met. The customer service was excellent.

The room was clean and quiet and the beds were comfortable. It's been awhile, but I actually liked staying in a hotel with outside corridors. It was nice to be able to just pull in and go right to your room without having to haul everything through lobbies, elevators and long corridors. Can you tell I was stopping on my way back from Vegas?

The pool was large clean and the temperatures in both the pool and hot tub were perfect.

The complimentary breakfast was decent. They had the usual offerings of breads, cereals, yogurts, fruit, microwavable breakfast sandwiches, coffees and juices and the do-it-yourself waffle maker.

Next time I am in the area and if the price is right, I would not hesitate to stay at the Fairfield Inn again.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank kawill
Reviewed 24 April 2010

Great location. Beautiful Pool and Spa. Breakfast exceeding my expectation. Bonus points for the 24 hour fitness complimentary passes.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank g1155b
FairfieldInnScotts, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Scottsdale North, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2010

Thank you for your wonderful remarks, which I have shared with our staff. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.”

Reviewed 22 April 2010

I have a feeling that this particular Fairfield Inn was a former Motel 6. It has a similar layout to a Motel 6 with upgraded furnishings. For example, there was no closet, just a towel rack. The bathroom was particularly small and the rooms were to entered from the exterior (as opposed to a secure hallway through the lobby). For the $100+ price, you could have gone to a Motel 6 for $40-$50 less. I guess it may be pricey due to the area its in--gets you pretty much where you want to go in Scottsdale but is really in the middle of ministrip mall. Seemed safe enough of an area.

Internet was by direct connection only (no wifi except in the lobby, where the wifi was not strong and kept disconnecting). Bed was similar to that at a Motel 6-no pillow top and springy. There was a minifridge but no microwave (although there was one in the lobby).
There was no work out room, so they had free passes to 24 hour Fitness next door.

I had some serious problems that are not typically what I expect of a Fairfield Inn. First, housekeeping knocked at our door at 8am! I'm on vacation, why are you bothering me at 8am? Also, breakfast was super early, ended at 9am. And when they say 9am, they truly mean it--at 8:59am they starting hustling to put the food away. Not that the breakfast was anything to write home about anyway. It consisted of do it yourself waffles, oatmeal, cereal, whole fruit (no sliced melons), toast, diet yogurt, hard boiled eggs, and danishes. The danishes were gross--just sweet. They had Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches that you had to microwave yourself--totally self serve. I was really truly disappointed.

To be fair, checkin and check out were easy and the room was clean although a bit small. I did not hear any noise from the airport. However, the air conditioning unit kept going on and off as it was set for 70 degrees and had trouble keeping the room cool. This led to a sleepless night as it was the noisiest air conditioning unit that I have ever encountered!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 March 2010

The staff was friendly and made us feel welcome upon arrival. They also had fresh baked cookies for the guests in the evening, which were delicious!. Our room was clean and the bed was comfortable. We would stay here again.

We were a bit concerned that we might hear some noise from Scottsdale Airport which is very close. But it seems that there are not a lot of flights at night because we didn't hear any planes all night.

The continental breakfast was good and well stocked. The staff was checking supply levels often and there were lots of food options. The breakfast area was very busy but that might be because it was midweek & there were a lot of business travelers at the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple