Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch
US$239
US$224
The Scott Resort & Spa(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
US$231
  • Restaurant
US$312
US$272
  • Pool
Hotel Valley Ho(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
US$118
  • Breakfast included
US$96
US$78
Priceline
Gainey Suites Hotel(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
US$131
Travelocity
3,114 results
All reviewsgondola ridemineral poolcanyon marketswb restaurantsouthwest bistrosand beachadult poolnightly entertainmentpool areagolf courselobby barself parkingbeautiful groundsspring breakfamily vacationfamily poolcommon areas
Reviewed 16 November 2013

The facilities are awesome and the staff is very friendly. The Spa is an A+, the pool is great and the restaurants are all good in terms of food and service. As good as the hotel is in so many areas, it also has some troubling flaws. The housekeeping was below average from failing to leave simple basics like shampoo to not arriving to do the room until 3:30 pm. Likewise, despite the fact the hotel was not very crowded they put me in a room immediately next to the staff room and there was constant slamming of the door and chatter for the brief time I was in the room during the day. Overall it is a very good place but the lack of quality housekeeping keeps it from being a place that I would highly recommend.

• Stayed: November 2013
TerriB7500, Manager at Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2013

Thank you for your review. We are so pleased to read you enjoyed Spa Avania, our restaurants and many of our amenities. I apologize that you weren't pleased with your room location and housekeeping. We strive to exceed guest expectations, and it is apparent that the mark was missed on this occasion. We will make a note of your review, and use going forward. Thank you again.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

I stayed at the hyatt in Scottsdale for 2 nights back in September and was blown away by the property and the service provided. The hotel itself is beautiful. The spacious lobby overlooks the pool area with a beautiful view of the mountains in the background. The pool was probably one of the most spectacular pools I've seen in a resort. The rooms are very clean and new looking. The best part of the hotel to me was the service. I had some problems checking in, which was frustrating after a 13 hour drive. I took a seat in the lobby to wait and one of the ladies from the front desk brought me a margarita. SO nice other as it was exactly what I needed. That evening I was looking for some nightlife in scottsdale. The concierge had left for the evening so I approached the 2 lovely young ladies at the front desk to ask their opinion on where I should go. They made me a full list of places to go to, along with a map they drew out on a napkin I had. They also wrote down the name of a cab company and their phone number in case I consumed too much alcohol (which came in handy). I just wish I could remember the names of the two young ladies so as to properly thank them. Anyhow, if you're in Scottsdale...stay at the hyatt!! You won't be disappointed

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for your enthusiastic endorsement and thorough review. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay at Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa. We look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

I used one of the blind booking agencies to get a great price here. The staff and facilities were great. But my room had several small unexpected things that didn't work - burned out light bulb and a bathrobe with no loops for the belt.

North Scottsdale is a bit off the beaten path which is fine for a destination resort. But works less well if you need to be in Scottsdale, close to the airport or have access to downtown.

Not sure what I got for the $25 resort fee as I didn't use any of the resort facilities.

So I give the Hyatt. B+

• Stayed: November 2013

We sincerely appreciate your feedback and will utilize your comments during future planning. Thank you for reviewing your stay!

Reviewed 13 November 2013

Don't ruin your bowl game trip by choosing this hotel! Awful, awful. We were part of a large group, arrived at the hotel in buses from our charter plane at around 1:00 pm. No rooms were ready, since it was not guaranteed until 4:00. Everyone went to the restaurants and bars. UNDERSTAFFED, and took forever to get food or drink.

People were eventually sitting on chairs and sofas sleeping. We finally got our room close to 5:00. They said they even had mangers cleaning rooms, which, I guess, explained the lack of soap and shampoo.

Overall, it was mediocre. There were so many complaints, Hyatt donated like $25,000 to the scholarship fund. So for their bad service, Hyatt got a tax deduction and individuals got an ICE CREAM! That's what I said, when we finally got to our room, exhausted, they called, waking us up, to offer a free ice cream.

I suppose this is a great hotel with high rating the rest of the year, but don't go for the Fiesta Bowl.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Olga E
TerriB7500, Manager at Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

We are sorry that your arrival experience was disappointing when you were here last year. It was a unique occurrence in 2013 as we had the Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl team and alumni checking out on the same day that we had the Fiesta Bowl group arriving. Such a large volume of check outs and early arrivals does make for a challenging turn of guest rooms. This year, and most years, there will be a full day in between the bowl travel days, so there should be no concern regarding arrival delays. We look forward to hosting the fans for all of the teams that will be enjoying the weather and hospitality of the Valley of the Sun in December and January!

Reviewed 13 November 2013

Stayed here in September and enjoyed every minute of it. The weather was perfect for spending lots of time in the amazing pool complex as well as playing comfortable golf at the many nearby courses.
On site restaurants were good value and service throughout the facility were top notch.
We had a ground floor room with walkout to a small patio overlooking the lagoon. Morning coffee on the patio often included several visiting ducks looking for treats. In the evenings, passing Gondola tour boats shared their opera inspired songs being sung by the boat captain.
First class resort and good value ... Strongly recommended !

• Stayed: September 2013

We admit golfing is one of our favorite activities as well! We are so pleased you enjoyed all Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa has to offer. We look forward to your return visit!