“Night away from the kids.”

Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch
Ranked #10 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Denver
“Night away from the kids.”
Reviewed 4 December 2013

We stayed here the the Tuesday night before Thanksgiving. This was our 2nd time staying here. We arrived before noon and were given a welcome margarita. Our room was ready. We didn't pay for an upgrade. We were given a room that overlooked what seemed to be a roof top green space. We had a view of the mountains and got to see the sun set that night. We sat by the pool all day and service was excellent. I wish I got the name of our server and the bartender - they did an excellent job. We had dinner at the Italian restraint. The staff had the space heaters on full blast so that people could sit outside - that touch was much appreciated. The ambiance was great. The food was good, but a bit pricey. The next morning we hung out by the pool. Checked out at noon. The resort is about 10-15 minutes from downtown Scottsdale. We enjoyed our time.

1 Thank K-KShil
TerriB7500, Manager at Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We are thrilled you found your stay with us enjoyable. We certainly appreciate all of your feedback and look forward to your return visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (501)
Bethesda, Maryland
Reviewed 4 December 2013

My family of 16 and I just completed an 8 day stay at the Hyatt Regency Scottsdale. We have travelled a great deal in our past and found this location to stand out as the best place for a family vacation we have found, and an extremely well-managed facility. The staff there were consistently pleasant and accommodating at every turn. The facilities provided fit all ranges in age, and the special programs for the Thanksgiving holiday were excellent.
I don't normally rate places we've stayed, but this hotel and resort were the best we've ever seen.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We built our resort with all ages in mind and are thrilled you found we have something to offer both children and adults. Thank you so much for the compliments, we are so glad you spent the Thanksgiving holiday with us.
San Diego, California
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Wow. We're new to the "resort" thing, having only stayed at one other resort, but this place was incredible. Clean hotel, super friendly and helpful staff, who even called me by "Miss (surname)". I felt fancy.
We booked this through a last minute site and didn't know what property we'd get. We got it at a very significant discount, and now I'm wishing we could go back all the time! It's nice to live the high life every once in a while.
The room was average size for a hotel room with a little patio looking out into a rectangular courtyard decorated with gravel. Totally private- no pedestrian access. So you basically look out onto another view of the hotel, with balconies with a waist high rail all around. We only every saw one other guy outside, so it was totally private.
The room was ok at first sight, but then we touched the bad. OH, THE BED! Can I just take it home as a souvenir? The best bed I have EVER slept on. And I have a feather allergy, so this was without down. Man. My bed will never feel the same again. I have seen heaven.
Heck, even the toiletries were amazing. I forgot a razor, so called down in the morning and was sent up a complimentary razor AND little jar of shaving cream. Wow, that's service. We even got little robes to wear.
The bathroom was exceptionally nice, with a nice, big shower and a water wand thing you could use as well. It was clean, big for a hotel bathroom, and even the toilet seat was more comfortable than average. I feel funny writing it, but it's true.
We didn't bring swimsuits, but if we did, I would have totally tried out the water park on location that's included with the resort fee. We had dinner at the Italian restaurant on site, and went wandering around outside after dark. It was like a maze at night, really nicely lit, with almost no one around. Very fun. We went back in the day and took a lot of photos.
We both left, only after staying one night, feeling more relaxed than we have been in probably a few years. This place was awesome. I hope we can come back!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. I'm glad to see that you enjoyed our resort and found our beds comfortable. We understand that a comfortable bed is an important feature for a property, so that means a lot to us! Hope to see you again.
Casa Grande, Arizona
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Average stay. The Hyatt advertises their comfy beds, the opposite is true. The beds were very uncomfortable, the springs popped with every move. My husband and I both woke up with back pain. The resort must of had some construction,,,early Sunday morning you can hear a large vehicle rumbling and constant beeping of the reversing vehicle. This beeping was heard all morning into the afternoon non-stop. The outdoors and evening was very nice and relaxing. The gondola boat ride was a nice attraction at the resort, an unexpected experience in the Arizona desert. The food and service at the SWB restaurant was excellent.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
We appreciate your recommendation and are pleased that you enjoyed your visit. We hope you return again.
Detroit
Reviewed 1 December 2013

I can't say enough about our experience at this resort. First and foremost, the staff - every single one of them - were uber-friendly and helpful. A few quick items of interest to you:

1. HUGE pool area, which includes a special adults-only section, if you prefer. The pool restaurant staff was very friendly and prompt with out orders.

2. Great activities for kids. This hotel really went out of its way to cater to kids. One day, they had a cupcake decorating activity (yum). The next day (the day before Thanksgiving) the kids painted gourds for table centerpieces. Another day it was a live birds of prey show. The next day it was a live reptile show. But the thing that really stood out in my mind was the little goodie bag that each kid got on Thanksgiving. It's not so much that the kids got the bag, but the fact that each bag had one of those hand-drawn turkeys (that you trace your hand to create) attached to it...and every single one of those were personally signed by the entire entertainment staff. That personal touch may not have been noticed by the kids, but it really impressed me.

3. The little store in the hotel serves Starbucks coffee, ice cream, etc...and it's open TWENTY-FOUR HOURS A DAY.

4. I was not able to golf on this trip due to recovering from recent surgeries, but the golf course looked magnificent. Maybe next time...

5. I was very limited in the workout room due to my surgeries, but I DREAM of exercise rooms like this one when I travel. Very well equipped...free weights, lots of tread mills and elipticals, as well as stationary bikes.

6. Very comfortable beds. I hadn't been sleeping very well over the past couple of months due to the surgeries, but I actually got some sleep in those beds.

These highlights should be enough to paint a picture of the place. Hope this helps...

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your kind endorsement! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us!
Woodinville, Washington
Reviewed 27 November 2013

After staying at many Hyatts we looked forward to staying at Hyatt Gainey Ranch two weeks ago. What a disappointment it was though! After reserving a suite for our family of four we were surprised when we got to our room and there were just two double beds in the one room. After calling the front desk they said they could fix it and moved us to a suite, which was what we originally booked. They then proceeded to call us and tell us they shouldn't have put us in a two bedroom suite and that we would need to move out again or they would charge us double the rate. We were never told it would cost double to stay in this room, as we wouldn't have agreed to it, but they told us we need to "suck it up". At checkout the front desk clerk tried to get us to pay extra which we refused. After a lot of back and forth between the manager, the hotel finally realized they shouldn't have charged us double but didn't bother to apologize. Very rude service and unwilling to admit mistakes - the front desk staff could care the less if their guests have a good time.The only thing nice about this hotel is the pool. Will never stay here again.

3 Thank Ryan M
Thank you for your review. Though it is not the caliber of review we enjoy receiving, we appreciate your feedback regarding your stay. We apologize that we missed the mark on this occasion.
We truly care about your comments and welcome the opportunity to connect with you further offline.
We hope you will return so we may have the opportunity to restore your affinity for our resort.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I had booked this hotel for 11/23-11/24. My husband and I had a little overnight trip planned. A horrible winter storm blew into our area and all flights were cancelled from 11/23-11/25. We ended up with about 2 inches of ice on the roads. When I called this hotel to cancel my reservation, the hotel manager refused to refund my money. He didn't offer a voucher for a future stay, 1/2 refund - NOTHING. I could understand this if I had ANY control over having to cancel, but it is not like I could place a call to mother nature and explain to her that this freezing rain and ice would cause travel problems. We couldn't drive into Scottsdale either, the roads were closed and it is about a 12 1/2 hour drive for us. We wouldn't have made it in for our reservation.
I just feel that their customer service was horrible and I feel like they were greedy and not worried a bit about their customers - they must only view customers as a dollar sign - this seems to be more common than not these days - VERY SAD!!!

4 Thank nikkinicole37
TerriB7500, Manager at Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Hello Nicole,
We are sorry for your experience and thank you for taking the time to provide a review. This is not a practice of our resort nor are we aware of this particular situation. We have reviewed our records and are unable to locate any cancellation for 11/23-11/24 matching this description. We truly care about your comments and would very much appreciate you contacting the resort's reservation department to provide more information. Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you.