“Outstanding Customer Service”

Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch
Ranked #11 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed 31 January 2014

I travel extensively, this hotel offers some of the best Customer service I've seen. The entire staff, from front desk to security is trained to solve problems, not push people away. The facility is very nice, great for meetings, large venues or getaway vacations. It looks like the hotel is starting some renovations, my room was very spacious, but looking a bit worn out. Overall, you'll love this place and notice a high standard for Customer service. I will come back...

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Flyby0161
TerriB7500, Manager at Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

I am so pleased to read you enjoyed your trip to Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Gainey Ranch. Most importantly, I appreciate your compliments about our service. Thank you for providing us with feedback.

Reviewed 31 January 2014

The furniture in my room was chipped and scratched. My bathroom wallpaper has stains that look like old snot. The interior courtyard outside my room is full of weeds. And this is peak season, so there's no real excuse. The walls are thin enough to hear the person next door sniffle - which he does a lot. But the worst part was the noise from the maintenance crew cleaning and power-washing the balconies every day. They weren't supposed to start until 9AM, but they started at 8.
At over $400 per night, this place just isn't worth it.
I won't be back.

Room Tip: Choose a room at another property.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Patchman0512
TerriB7500, Manager at Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Thank you for your comments. I am terribly disappointed to hear that you found our accommodations to be unsatisfactory. This feedback is quite valuable to my team and I, as we are continuously working to perfect the guest experience. I sincerely hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa next time you are in Arizona.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

My wife and I came to this resort first for my business, and then loved it so much we came back the next year. This place is just beautiful. From the moment you walk in to the lobby, you know you have found something special. The complimentary check in margarita is much appreciated! I would say the hotel has a bit of a pacific flare, which we enjoyed. Doesn't seem outdated to me.

Rooms were adequate. I agree that the patios are less than private, but a nice option for drinking coffee in the morning.

We loved eating breakfast outdoors near the fires. In January/February, eating breakfast outdoors is a must! The food was fantastic, expensive, but fantastic. We didn't mind paying the extra money. Entertainment at night in the lobby is fun, though loud if you are near this area.

We did use the spa. It was my first time at a spa, and it was great. We had the couples massage. I have nothing to compare it to, but would think it would be hard to beat.

The pools are fantastic. Warm, totally swimmable, and perfect for cooling off. They could use more poolside space, but I have found that to be a problem at many places. I can't stand the towel/magazine on the chair at 7AM bit!

We came without kids (nice), but they do have a very nice kids pool, slide, and zero entry area with sand! Would bring the three kids at a later date, though it would be pricey.

Room Tip: Stay away from the lobby if you go to bed early.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your enthusiastic endorsement and thorough review. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay at Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa. We look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

Outdated decor makes you feel like you went back in time to the 80s. Scratchy towels and robes. Bed was not made properly at all. The balconies are nice and large but are not private. Your neighbor can look right into your room. The pools are pretty nice. You can tell they just renovated them. They need to renovate the rest of the hotel and pay attention to the details. Towels should not be scratchy and pillows should be more comfortable at this level resort.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank TrAAveler86
TerriB7500, Manager at Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review from your recent stay with us. I apologize that we failed to meet your expectations. I will share your comments with our team and assess how we can make improvements going forward.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

This was a very relaxing and well run property. We spent 5 days in early January at this resort - and it was a great spot to use as a "home base". The room was very clean, the bed was just the right hard/soft - and the private patio made for a great place to sit in the sun and read a book.

The layout of the property is a good one as well. There is a large pool for families - with a completely separate and secluded pool for adults only. The only challenge we had in the pool area was getting service. Because it wasnt overly warm - it wasn't a busy area. Thought we would still see a waiter now and then.

The restaurants are good - we sampled both the southwesterna and Italian restaurants.

The open concept of the place is also very appealing.

We found every member of the staff to be very well trained in customer service - to a person they always said good morning/afternoon. The staff in the little starbucks location in particular deserve recognition - no matter what time of day it was - they were happy, engaging and eager to serve.

I would recommend this property to couples wanting a "central Scottsdale" location to stay at. Easy access to the 101 - and just a couple blocks off N Scottsdale.

We'll be back.

Room Tip: This is a BIG hotel - my advice is to ask them not to put you at the "end" of an of the ar...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. I certainly appreciate all of your feedback. I am happy you were pleased with our accommodations and found our staff friendly and helpful! Thank you again for the kind words. I hope to see you the next time you visit Scottsdale.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

This is my second visit for a business meeting. What I learned last time was make sure you plan some time to enjoy the pools, grounds and golf! What I had forgotten from the first visit but was so wonderful to remember was the front doors are all, and I mean all, are opened during the day and early evening and the front of the hotel lobby is open to the fresh air and breezes - at least when I have been there in January!

The service is wonderful. Some highlights. When I arrived late in the evening I was in lien to check in and I heard the receptionist offer the person at the desk a complimentary glass of their margarita. Now I am tired, hungry and wiped out and said out loud " that sounds wonderful", next I know he made the guest a glass and poured a second for me and brought it to me in line. I was sitting at the counter of the restaurant to eat a late meal ( it was a long day on planes) and one of the cooks took my offer but more importantly engaged in a conversation about the food, weather and hotel. Loved that interaction. I go to the bar after dinner and ask for his recommendation of a night cap - a quality tequila I ask for. He chose one and told me "why' and then kept checking in to make sure I was ok with his choice.

If you need arrangements for a ride, golf or whatever - everyone is friendly and helpful

I look forward to our next meeting at Gainey - I will surely add some more "me" time to enjoy the facility.

Room Tip: Be clear if you want open to the outside or a balcony and whether you want a lake or pool or garden...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for being our guest on your last business trip. I am delighted that you had a great stay. Thank you for sharing your experience! Also, thank you for your 4 star rating! Our entire team hopes to see you soon!

Reviewed 25 January 2014

Over the Christmas break our family flew out to Arizona to spend time with my mother in law and brother in law and his kids. We stayed at the Hyatt Gainey Ranch and made that our home base. We had a lovely junior suite and my mother in law stayed with us in a regular room next door. As a platinum member we had access to the concierge lounge.

The hotel is lovely. The lobby opened up wide to the outside from the front and back. The upstairs flows to a large entrance and bellman area and downstairs to the golf course and pool. The vista to the outside with the mountains and golf course in the background is beautiful. The downstairs lounge area, with live entertainment at night is lovely and comfortable. The concierge lounge has a hot breakfast and it was quite good. Not huge but fresh and enough for everyone. The staff in the lounge, as it is in the entire property, is friendly and professional. The pool area is great. A waterside for the kids (and adults too!) and lots of seating. The pool area is kind of a maze with nice patio decking and chairs. There are adults only as well as kids areas and some hot tubs. I think they needed a larger hot tube (and perhaps one for adults only) but thats being picky. It was really quite nice.

Overall, this is a great property and I would stay there again in a heartbeat. Immaculate, spacious, great service, a great golf course and the amenities are second to none.

Room Tip: Junior suites have a great layout.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank David M

I am so pleased you chose to spend the holiday with us. We hope to become an annual tradition as it was our pleasure to serve you. Thank you for the review!