Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch
Ranked #9 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
New Jersey
“Nice Place”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Stayed here 5 nights in April 2014. Grounds and pool are beautiful. Had a quiet room overlooking the courtyard. Staff was very quick to respond to any minor issues we encountered during our stay. Restaurants on property were good. Wally's restaurant a few blocks away was also good. Housekeeping could leave extra towels when requested but didn't. Otherwise an awesome place!

Room Tip: Courtyard view room we had was quiet even though there was a convention reception going on down belo...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
TerriB7500, Manager at Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Thank you for your kind words. Our staff does their best to provide guests with a great experience and I am pleased to learn that they addressed any issues you may have come across. I apologize that housekeeping didn’t meet your expectations, but we are constantly working to improve our services and will take your feedback to heart. I hope you will stay with us again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (495)
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 26 April 2014

This place is so awesome! I love the hotel, their live entertainment at night, all the restaurants on property and the pool area. They have so much room that even though it is a huge hotel with a lot of rooms, the pool doesn't feel crowded. They have a ton of cabanas outside to hang out and a great bar. The spa is amazing as is their golf course!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for the review! We take great care in providing our guests with entertainment and top-notch amenities and it sounds like our hard work has greatly paid off for you. We hope you will enjoy another stay sometime in the future.
Seattle WA
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a night and got to use the pool and ate in the restaurants. The property itself is beautiful. The landscapes, sitting areas and views are nice. The initial room I had was small and I asked to be moved due to high noise levels. If they try to give you a room in lobby building ask to be moved. My one complaint was that I asked upon check in for a quiet room and was given the one of the loudest. When I complained I was immediately moved. One nice touch at check in was that I was given a free margarita upon checking in. Thought this was a nice touch. I used the pools which are good sized and they offer an adult only pool with bar. For managements sake, I was there later afternoon. There was very little staff, lots of used cups and empty food trays everywhere. Then the birds came in because no one was cleaning up the food. Bar tenders were friendly but I think understaffed. I went to the pool in the morning and had a better experience. The room I was moved to was spacious and had a good sized area. Ask for rooms away from main area. The music in the evenings at the center bar was fantastic. Don't be afraid to try the restaurants. Food was fairly good.

• Stayed April 2014
I greatly appreciate the feedback. I am sorry to hear that some aspects of our resort did not meet your expectations but I am glad to hear that the staff could improve your experience in some way. I also apologize for the lack of staff during your stay. We are working tirelessly to provide our guests with the best stay possible so we will take your feedback to heart. We hope to see you again soon!
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed 24 April 2014

We had a Gala dinner reception for Riverstone Residential Group and during the dinner Sue hosted our table. Her vibrancy and personableness was unparalleled. She is a great asset to your company and her approach to her job is exactly what we spent 4 days talking about as a company.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Ferndeez41
Thank you for your feedback! I will relay your kind words to Sue and am very glad you enjoyed your gala!
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 22 April 2014

One of my favorite vacations. Hotel is beautiful and the service is top notch. Would definitely stay here again. My only complaint was no late check-out. Other than that one of the best hotels in Scottsdale.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank LDLL801
Thank you very much for the review. We will be looking into ways of improving the check-out time of our resort, and apologize that we fell short in that aspect. I greatly appreciate the kind words and hope that you will choose to stay with us again sometime.
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Lots of contradictory things about this big hotel. As you arrive avoid valet parking it is expensive. The reception process was not very good with minimum info. given just as if the receptionist was on auto pilot and the onto the next person, you feel like a number not a person.
Our room was a long, long way from reception and what we saw on the way was not good. Outside doors were the remains of last nights room service dinners and it was now afternoon the next day. We arrived at our room to find an assortment of glasses and crockery outside, but worse inside. Our fridge had from a previous guest the remains of a not very fresh looking take away in it. A call to house keeping did not get the fridge cleared so I had a look around the corridors and found a room maid, but she could not understand English.
The hotel grounds are wonderful. We could not get near the swimming pool it was packed with beds so close that I had never seen before. The lobby bar and area good.
When you are paying $458 a night, incl. tax, this is not a great hotel.
p.s. The same meals were still in the corridors the evening after.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank GEOFF P
Thank you for your feedback. I am disappointed that our staff’s service did not meet your expectations. We will take your comments and share it with the rest of our team.
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Had a business meeting at this location. Fantastic scenery, great open area. Pricey rooms and food. Was able to walk to local restaurants and shopping. Pools were amazing, but too cold to get in the water in January. Staff was very friendly and helpful. No complaints with my room. Would recommend staying if you want to splurge and just relax.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for providing your review. I am pleased to read that you had a fantastic stay with us and that you found our staff to be helpful! I hope you will come again soon.