“Thanks for an all around GREAT weekend!”

Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch
Ranked #10 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
El Paso, Texas
“Thanks for an all around GREAT weekend!”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

My fiance and I brought our 5 kids to this resort over Memorial Day Weekend. The kids are ages 17, 13, 10, 8 and 6--given the age span, it's very difficult for everyone to be pleased at the same time.

Rooms--we had 2 adjoining rooms, one with a rollaway. The rooms were very comfortable and the beds were great! My only comment here is that it was quite a trek from the elevator to the room, so you might want to take that into consideration when making a reservation and request a room close to an elevator. When I say trek I mean a 3 minute walk, which is pretty lengthy.

The pools were great --kept clean and there was enough room to accomodate all those there. There is a "beach" that was a big hit with the smaller kids. When he and I wanted a bit more of a quiet experience, we paid 20 each to use the mineral pool at the spa and the spa accomodations. We truly enjoyed that and I only wish I had gone earlier in the day so as to spend more time there.

Camp Hyatt--I love you. So do our kids!!!! I somewhat reluctantly sent the three smaller kids one evening so that we could try the Wine and Dine at SWB--one of the hotel restaurants. To my surprise, when we picked them up, they literally begged to go back the next day! Happy kids mean a happy mom. And as they say, when mama's happy........

Other experiences: they had local herpatologists come to the hotel with animals (tortoise, snake, alligator, etc.) for an educational program. The kids thought this was great! We did too! We went to dinner at the hotel restaurant--Alto and took the gondola ride afterwards which was also a hit.

Food--this is my one drawbrack. For the most party, the food was really good (especially at SWB for the Wine and Dine) but really pricey. For example, breakfast for one adult and 5 kids was $125 and was nothing out of this world. The kids menus are a bit abbreviated and very similar at the restaurants, so after 4 nights eating most meals at the hotel, we had some complaints.

The grounds are truly beautiful.

For a great family weekend, this was win-win for us.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
TerriB7500, Manager at Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am very happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. I hope you'll spend another weekend getaway at Hyatt Regency Scottsdale sometime soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (496)
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I loved the pools and waterfalls along with overall surroundings. The rooms are nice and people are helpful. The price is kinda high but experience is worth it. Its location is great for shopping and night life. Would love to stay again soon.

• Stayed April 2014
Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and hope your next stay is sometime in the near future.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Great "beach entry" fun pool, fun for the kids and adults. All ages. Fun activities under the clear skies in Arizona. Our 5 year old LOVED the nearby butterfly garden/exhibit.
Spa was awesome with interesting pools and great massage treatments.

Room Tip: Our room viewed a roof garden and was very pleasant.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank scoxhouston
Thanks for the review! I’m glad your party enjoyed our all-ages activities and events. We hope to see you again soon!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My wife and I stayed here for a few nights at the end of May and had a really nice time. The resort itself is not quite as sprawling as some of the others in the area, but is large enough where you don't feel like you're on top of other guests. The grounds are very nice and the pool area is large enough so that it never really felt crowded. It feels a little more corporate, i.e. they attract a lot of corporate outings and retreats, so parts of the property feel a bit "cookie cutter", but overall it's quite nice. If you're looking for more luxurious surrounding the JW Marriott at Camelback or the Fairmont are probably better options, but for a quick getaway at a reasonable price, the Hyatt is perfect.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for leaving a review. I’m glad you enjoyed your stay, but am disappointed to hear that our grounds did not exceed your expectations. I will let our staff know of your comments and hope you will stay with us again soon.
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have said this before- I love Hyatt! This resort is yet another wonderful location on my favorites list. This hotel is located in a quiet residential/ business area of Scottsdale that is very close to wonderful
Restaurants and shopping(on north scottsdale road). This was our second time staying at this resort and this visit did not disappoint. From the valet to checkin we were experienced wonderful service. We were offered delicious margaritas upon check in. Checkin was vet easy. Our was clean and spacious. I really love the new bathroom layout hyatt is adapting with the walk-in showers in lieu of a tub/shower combo. The regency club at this location is one of the nicest I have seen. It is very spacious with an indoor and outdoor area. The breakfast was great and they provide cookies, trail mix, nuts and drinks throughout the day. They also have a happy hour with delicious snacks or tapas. Plus a dessert bar at night.
The pool area is wonderful. The water slide is always a huge success with our kids. This weekend it was quite busy due to memorial weekend, but the staff worked really hard to make everyone comfortable. Even pulled out more pool chairs for families to use. They had special activities planned throughout the holiday weekend that our kids loved- especially the indian jewelry making.
In the evenings, they have live music by quality performers. Not karaoke singers.
This hyatt definitely ranks up there with our favorite location in Maui. I would highly recommend this hotel. It won't disappoint you.

• Stayed May 2014
Thank you very much for your positive review. I am pleased you enjoyed every aspect of your stay, and appreciate your comments! I hope you will visit us for a third time soon!
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I was very disappointed in the Hyatt Scottsdale. We were a group of 2 adults and 7 eleven year olds. First, we didn't fit in the rooms. The king size bed was more like large queen and the queen doubles were more like full size. Their solution was to either purchase another room (they did not offer a discount) or they could give us matts for the FLOOR! I paid how much to sleep on the floor? The balcony had garbage from the last guest. The remotes for the televisions didn't work. I had to call down 3 times for them to bring the mats. The showehead was broken. The pool was okay. Nice slide and cool beach entry. The staff's response to our complaints were underwhelming. The really didn't seem to want to win our business back. I had to demand a discount. They did give me a $150 credit to use as the resort. Overall, not worth the stay for the money.

• Stayed May 2014
I appreciate your feedback. I apologize that our staff and service did not exceed your expectations. We are always working to better the experience of our guests and will take your feedback to heart when looking at where we can improve.
Santa Ana, California
Reviewed 26 May 2014

My law firm has holds annual all firm retreats in the Phoenix area every year. We've been at the Hyatt Gainey Ranch several times. It is a very large property with lots of pools to keep kids occupied. Service was very good. I had a standard king room. I noticed that some of the built in furniture is showing some wear. Still, a beautiful spot.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
TerriB7500, Manager at Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Thank you for your compliments regrading our service. Our staff works hard to provide each guest with the best customer service possible and I look forward to sharing your kind words with the team. See you again next year!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scottsdale
Gainey Suites Hotel
The Phoenician, Scottsdale
#19 of 75 in Scottsdale
Desert Ridge
JW Marriott Phoenix Desert Ridge Resort & Spa

Been to Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch? Share your experiences!