From check in to check out the whole experience was pleasant and relaxing. We have stayed at a number of Hyatt properties so have an idea what to expect.
Check was a breeze, we were seen to by a young man who was training and his mentor, both were very friendly and informative about the property and the area without being over the top.
The public areas of the hotel were clean and well maintained.
The rooms were clean but looking a little tired, I am not sure if the hotel is due for renovation but the guest rooms and certain public areas could do with updating.
My only other real comment about the room was how noisy the air conditioning unit was, this was not a continuous operation unit and constantly turn on and off throughout the day and night, this made it difficult to sleep peacefully at night. I think if it had been on continuously my brain would have switched off to it but constantly turning on and off was very disruptive.
It was nice to have a balcony you could sit out on and the furniture supplied was of a good standard.
We sampled room service, which we were able to order through the entertainment centre rather than having to phone, this was simple to use and easy to navigate round. Food was average, have certainly eaten better in a Hyatt.
The pool areas were extensive and there were attentive pool staff. Some of the furniture was dirty and it was obvious certain things such as the tables and the towelling covers were not cleaned or changed daily, detracting from the overall ambience of the resort. It would be easy for staff to wipe the sticky drink residue from the tables at the end of a day.
Entertainment was provided close to the reception area on an evening, if you are wanting a quiet early night request a room away from this area, ours was and we weren't disturbed.
There is free self parking close to the front of the hotel and apart from the night when there was a large corporate do on we didn't have any problem getting a good space.
All of the staff were very friendly and we would certainly like to visit the resort again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amidst flowering cactus, breathtaking sunsets and framed against the majestic McDowell Mountains, Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa features a 2 1/2-acre "water playground", 27 holes of championship golf, world-class tennis, Spa, the Native American Learning and Environmental Center, an international art collection and four distinctively different restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Booking.com, Prestigia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Expedia, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort And Spa At Gainey Ranch Hotel Scottsdale
- Gainey Ranch
- Hyatt Gainey Ranch Resort
- Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort And Spa At Gainey Ranch Arizona