“Best of Scottsdale”

Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch
Ranked #9 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed 22 July 2014

There are many good lodging choices when visiting Scottsdale, but this one is over the top! Staff was courteous and helpful. Atmosphere was lively no matter what the hour of the day or night. The restaurant choices on site were great and so we never needed to leave for food. Obviously, you will pay $$$ for this luxury and amenities. A shoe shine was about double the price of the guy in the airport terminal or bus station and the shine was no better. Rooms on the east have a good view towards the McDonnel Range of mountains across the golf course; rooms on the west have a view of mostly concrete. If you love golf, then this is a spectacular vacation destination; get out early before it gets hot. There were plenty of abandoned wives who went out shopping (great places to drop loads of money nearby) or just hung out around the palms reading books and relaxing. By the way, if you have young kids, then bring them; they will spend at least four hours a day in the many incredible pools and water play park areas. Several choices of bicycles are ready to ride at your convenience out front. You can even get a romantic gondola ride on the pond at night with a real, husky Italian guy pushing the gondola and singing a serenade.

Room Tip: east side is best
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank David P
TerriB7500, Manager at Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Thank you for your generous 5 star review! We are ecstatic that you were pleased with so many of the accommodations that we offer. We look forward to spending more time with you in the future!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,964)

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I am lucky as I get to go on some business trips and stay at some nice resorts. Based on my stay, it usually ends up that I give my feedback to my wife, and we usually come back with the kids for a nice little vacation.

The Great.

Wonderful resort. The staff is great, and accommodating. The concierge service is excellent. I recommend getting a bike and taking a nice ride around Scottsdale. Well worth it. The pools are wonderful, especially the adult pool with a very close bar. Live entertainment in the bar area is a nice added touch. Free Wi-Fi too.

The Meh.

For some reason, when you have a king room, why do you put someone in an handicap accessible room? Wouldn't that be brought up at check in?

Also, I was on the 3rd floor, and the lady that checked me in, just said to take the elevator to the 3rd floor. Well, what she neglected to say, was when your room is in the 3600 rooms, you cannot access it, from the elevator closes to the check in area. I am wondering the halls trying to find my room, and thankfully a house keeper saw me walking around aimlessly, and said that I should take the elevator up to 4, and walk a bit, and go down to 3.

Thursday morning, due to my flight being cancelled, I stayed another night. At 11:00am, I had a knock on the door, and it was the house keeper supervisor (I think) asked if I was staying another night, I said yes. At 4:30pm, my room still was not cleaned. I left my room and it looked like they were done with cleaning rooms and I ran into an employee that had a cart filled with towels and told him when they planned on cleaning my room? He looked at me and said, "Your room is not clean?" Nope. gave him my room number and walked away.

Also, check room 3618. The alarm clock does not work.

We will be back and look forward to bringing the family. As long as it's not room 3618

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your generous and thorough review! We sincerely apologize about the inconveniences you encountered with our housekeeping staff. We will relay this message to our staff. We hope you stay with us again so we can provide you with a flawless stay.

Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

The wife and I had a staycation at the Hyatt. It has a very nice pool. The room was also very nice and clean. I normally spend Easter brunch at the Hyatt with the family. Nicest hotel in Phoenix area, trust me i have lived here for thirty plus years. Enjoy the live bands at night.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
TerriB7500, Manager at Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Thank you so much for your loyalty to our property. We are thrilled to hear that you choose to spend your special occasions with us. We sincerely appreciate your kind review and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Just returned from a seven night stay at the Hyatt Regency.My wife and I had a great time,and the Resort was amazing.We arrived early and were able to get an early check in,thanks so much.We used the Valet service for the first two days,and the service was great. the guys were so nice,and always greeted us with a smile.The front desk at check in was the same,welcomed us with a smile.Amazing lobby ,with many windows to see the beautiful grounds around the resort.The room was great,didn't feel cramped,the bathroom is a good size,and the shower is huge.We spent most of the week just sitting by the pool.Perfect.We rented a Cabana for the day,maybe a little pricey,but the kids were not with us,so we spent their share of the vacation fund..The pool is just amazing,always clean,and the area around the pool was spotless.The wait staff from H2Oasis was great.They were so friendly and attentive,we have a special thank you to our new friend Daniel,even when he was waiting a different area,Daniel stopped by to say hi.The grounds keepers even greeted us with a smile and a hello. We highly recommend this resort,and can not wait to return,maybe when its not 120 degrees out.Thank you for a great week.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for such a generous endorsement of our property. We sincerely appreciate your kind words and look forward to your return!

Reviewed 20 July 2014

I'm not sure where to start but I will give you best first. My family had a one night staycation, early check in went smooth. The room was nice no problems, we went to the family pool around noon and stayed there for about four hours. The service at the pool was great they bring pitchers of water and refill them for you. The food was good as well, pricing was resort prices. For hydration purposes they have small hydration station where you can get water at anytime set all around the pool, press a button cold water comes out. There so many pools, a beach area, and water slide which is all great for the family. We were at the pool early so families arriving around 2 were looking for seating because the pool does start to get crowded around that time. Now I loved the access to the pool but once it became crowded with kids and floating tubes and beach balls it started to become a little overwhelming. Now I love kids and have one of my own but the rough play...... Especially having a two year old and older kids attempting to to run and jump on their floating tubes and throwing beach balls everywhere. There is light at the end of the pool tunnel, we were able to go back at night because the pools are 24hrs. We enjoyed a movie in the pool and was able to swim until about 1030 at that time it wasn't crowded it was families there but everyone was really respectful of others space.
Now our room initially it was a great room when we arrived there was a welcome message with our name. Be mindful you can hear everything in the hallway kids running and ppl arguing. If that doesn't bother you don't worry. So, when we came back from our night swim we hung our suits outside on the balcony to dry and took our showers. As we laid in the bed I noticed 15 tiny bugs on our ceiling, my husband was killing them but that left me with an itchy feeling. I'm sure they must have came in when we placed our suits on the balcony but not a great feeling. I contacted the front desk and originally they wanted to send someone up to kill them for us but I requested for a new room and it was granted.

Pros:
-web check-in it emails u when your room is ready
-24 hour pool
-clean rooms
-nice view of the lake
- hotel grounds scenery really nice
-live music in the lobby at night

Cons:
-hear kids running in the hallways (not a big deal)

Overall, a great stay the hotel grounds are so serene you don't think you are in AZ. Staff was nice as well. Great stay......

Room Tip: When going to the pool get there early or go later in the evening.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your 5 star review! We sincerely appreciate your thoughtful and candid comments. We apologize for any inconveniences that you may have experienced, but we are thrilled to hear that our staff was accommodating to your needs. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel Mother's Day weekend 2014 with my family; super busy over a holiday weekend. The pool is amazing and is divided for family/ kid use on one side and the other side for couples, singles & adults looking for a quieter environment. The family side has a great sand entry area that allows for a shallow area for toddlers. Pool drinks are awesome! This hotel is supported by locals and travelers. The bar/ lounge area is really nice, open & airy and often has evening singers & entertainers. I have frequented the spa several times and am always impressed with the quality of massage.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank jandrews8497

Thank you so much for your kind review. We appreciate your enthusiastic endorsement of our property and accommodations! Our entire team would be delighted to serve you again on future visits to Scottsdale!

Reviewed 11 July 2014

I was at this Resort for a corporate meeting. This place was very clean and everything was first rate from the food and drink to the entertainment in the evening. The pool area was huge and also very appealing and clean. I enjoyed the personal touch of having your name on the television welcoming you to the property. I would definitely stay there again even outside of business.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your compliments regarding our location, value and accommodations. We appreciate the time you took to provide a such a nice review. We look forward to seeing you the next time you visit Scottsdale!