We stayed at this hotel as part of a conference - the room was fine and housekeeping was efficient and well done. There do seem to be a number on conferences scheduled at this resort.
Being that it was June, and hot, the hotel does fill up on the weekends with people from the area, and children...lots of children, enjoying the hotel and the numerous pools. We walked around and saw that there are some pools specifically designed for the kids, but I don't know if there are adults-only areas - we didn't use the pools.
Breakfasts were fine, and the other on-site eating options were decent as well. Our first night we couldn't get a table without a long-ish wait at the SouthWestBistro (SWB), but they offered us a table in a bar-like area situated between the SWB and their Italian restaurant Alto - we were able to order from both menus...a bit unusual, but at least we got to eat. Another option is the sushi bar Noh, which seats only 6, so make sure to reserve if sushi is important to you - the night we ate there it was pretty quiet...but then again, it was in June...
Golf is available at the neighboring club (Gainey Ranch) with reduced prices in the afternoon - again, it was hot (...it's a dry heat!...) but it was enjoyable nonetheless! The best part was the Hyatt golf concierge who let us know about shipstix.com - you can send your clubs home by Fedex for a not-unreasonable fee - the Hyatt will box them up for you at no additional charge (tip as you feel appropriate) - and for me it was worth every penny since I would have been responsible for getting them from the rental car to the check-in desk (spouse went on to the east coast from PHX) and then I would have had the joy waiting forever for his clubs to be delivered to baggage claim and then hauling them to the car in the parking garage, so consider shipstix, or some other similar option.
I have to admit I enjoy the quieter atmosphere of the resorts a bit further north, but don't take that as a negative reflection on this property - it was fine, and I'd have no hesitation in staying here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amidst flowering cactus, breathtaking sunsets and framed against the majestic McDowell Mountains, Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa features a 2 1/2-acre "water playground", 27 holes of championship golf, world-class tennis, Spa, the Native American Learning and Environmental Center, an international art collection and four distinctively different restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Prestigia, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Agoda, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort And Spa At Gainey Ranch Hotel Scottsdale
- Gainey Ranch
- Hyatt Gainey Ranch Resort
- Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort And Spa At Gainey Ranch Arizona