Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch
Ranked #12 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed 24 April 2009

We spent 4 nights in April 2009 at the Hyatt Regency Scottsdale at Gainey Ranch and it was terrific! A week before arriving I had contacted the hotel's e-concierge to let them know we'd be spending our honeymoon with them and requested a quiet location for the king premium view room that we had recently booked.

When we arrived at night after a cross country flight, everything was perfect from the start. Valet parking was available and complimentary self-parking was easy. We were greeted at the desk by courteous, personable and efficient staff. Check-in was almost effortless and our room was available immediately. We were taken there by another nice staff member from Scottsdale who gave us some local travel tips.

Soon after we got to the room we were greeted at our door with a complimentary bottle of champagne on ice & a selection of pretty chocolates, apparently for our honeymoon! The view of the pool and golf course was beautiful from the balcony. The room was quiet during our entire stay. Breakfast at the Southwest Bistro was included in our package and it was consistently great! Their service, food and outdoor tables were all fantastic and we could order anything & everything we wanted from the large selection both at the buffet and from the menu. We spent an afternoon at the spa which was relaxing, spotless, luxurious, well-staffed and so large that it felt like we had it all to ourselves. When it was time to go home, check-out was equally quick and easy.

Everything about our stay at the Hyatt was great!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jtptraveler
There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch

Reviewed 22 April 2009

The Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort exceeded our wildest expectations. From the kind, courteous, and efficient staff, to our fabulous room & beautiful flower covered deck with a view of the grounds that was breathtaking. The amenities are too many to mention but I would imagine you will need more than a weeks vacation to enjoy them all.

Aside from the beautiful hotel, gorgeous surroundings, and unlimited amenities, I would say that the Hyatt Regency Scottsdale staff is the best I've ever encountered. We were made to feel like we were their only guests during our entire vacation. Our stay was truly luxurious and the staff made us feel very special. This resort has it all... it's an awesome family destination, top notch conference center for business, or an unforgettable romatic get-away.

What I liked least? The fact that our vacation ended much too soon. But we'll be back again, and again, and can't wait for our next visit. Thank you for the best, and most enjoyable vacation that my sister and I have ever experienced!

Warmest regards,
Margaret Sickon, & Peggy Law
Trenton, Michigan

1  Thank Lipstick2850
Reviewed 22 April 2009

We stayed at the Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch over Easter vacation while visiting our sons that live in Arizona. Our stay at the Hyatt was the best vacation I have ever had. This resort truley has something for everyone. The spa is wonderful!!!! They had an Easter Egg hunt for the children that couldn't be beet. The pools were wonderful and I even enjoyed a trip or two down the clock tower water slide:-) The employees at this wonderful resort are all very professional, kind and very helpful. We took a gondola ride and listened to Eric sing while giving us a stroll around the lake that is on the grounds of this beautiful resort. The beds are great and we came home to a fresh set of sheets every day. The room service was delivered within minutes of our order and the food was piping hot and very good. The bikes were great to ride down the beautiful paths . I am not a runner but my neighbor in the next room was and she raved about the trails the resort offered for joggers. I could go on and on about how enjoyable the Hyatt Regency Scottsdale at Gainey Ranch but I think everyone should visit at least once in order to experience a vacation of a life time. I promise, you will want to come back.

Peggy Law
Trenton, MI.

1  Thank reaxng
Reviewed 20 April 2009

We stayed at the Hyatt April 12-17, 2009. This resort is out of this world!!! The entire hotel, rooms included, is spotless!!
Rooms- Very contemporary, newly renovated and spacious. We had a room with "premium view" which means we overlooked a beautiful pond with ducks, fish, birds, palm trees etc. Some of the rooms are advertised as mountain view. Be aware that the mountains are really too far away to be viewed from the rooms. The pond view was really great.
Pool- We have 3 teenagers and each of them loved the pool different reasons. It is HUGE! There is a beach IN the pool at one end for little children. The slide is really great and safe for all ages, even adults. There are plenty of seats poolside and they did not run out of towels. This seems to always be a problem at resorts- not at the Hyatt..
Spa- Beautiful!!!! Great staff.
Gym- Open 24 hours Clean as can be, bright and sunny. Clean headphones, water and cool wet rags were a nice touch.
Food- There are basically two restaurants. One is Italian and the other is southwestern. The food is great in both, especially good Italian. For a resort this size there could be more selection, particularly for families with small children. You will probably go off the property to eat if you are there more than 2 days. We did and the local food is great too. Concierge give us great suggestions.
Staff- VERY ACCOMMODATING. Every single staff member says hello to you, sometimes by name! Very friendly and seemed happy to be at the Hyatt. It made a real difference in our stay. Even our teenagers pointed this out (when they stopped texting and pulled the earbuds out of their ears)
Nighttime- Every night there is a live band in the main lobby! You can have drinks and light food while you listen to the music. There is an outrageous bar in the lobby as well. Very "mod" looking and seems brand new.
Regency Club- The resort has the Regency Club for those of you that are Diamond Club members (like frequent flyers) The beautiful Club is off the main lobby and provides a quiet, comfortable place to go all day long to get a cool drink or a quick snack. There are computers in the club for guests to use. The Regency Club just opened last week so it is brand new. It has tables indoors and outdoors by the pond. My teenagers went in and out of the Regency Club all week long and the staff greeted them with a smile each and every time. There were lots of little kids in there in the morning but there are tables designated for adults only. The staff in the Regency Club were exceptional!!

I would recommend this resort to anyone. There is something for everyone and it is really luxurious!!

2  Thank Luv2Boat3
Reviewed 19 April 2009

We stayed here for a week (April 14th to April 21st). We received a great rate off of Hotwire, and even with the $15 per night resort fee, it was less than 1/3 of the price advertised on the discount sites. I do attribute this to the economy. I doubt we could get this great of a rate again. But I sure would be thrilled if we did!
Our room wasn't spacious, but very clean with a great bathroom and balcony overlooking the open air lobby area. I loved the location of our room - we enjoyed hearing live entertainment in the evening - but some might prefer a more quite location.
Beautiful grounds with exceptional pools. (Many exceptional pools) Close to everything. My husband had a fabulous time playing golf, but then again we are from Wisconsin and would have a fabulous time playing golf anywhere in March.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 April 2009

We just returned from two nights at the Hyatt Scottsdale. I was thrilled when I found out this was the hotel I booked on hotwire for a phenomenal rate! We booked two rooms and stayed two nights. The service at the hotel was excellent. We had an easy check in and we were able to check into our rooms early which made it nice traveling with the kids. The hotel is really a pleasure to the sense because of the beautiful lobby, desert mountain views and landscaping. We spent a lot of time by the pool. The kids loved the pool. There is a beach/sand area and a waterslide. There was also an adult pool which was nice for quiet relaxation. We ate breakfast one morning at the hotel restaurant. It was good, but expensive so the next day we went to Ihop! The hotel is in a good location, near many shops and restaurants. This area has some exceptional dining options.

Scottsdale is a beautiful, scenic getaway... perfect for families looking for a nice spring break/warm weather. The only downside might be the cost of food and beverage in the main restaurants. But since there are many nearby, you have lots of other options.

I think the second advantage to the hotel is the service. All around good service, especially front desk and pool staff.

Highly recommend.

Reviewed 5 April 2009

We needed to take a quick trip up to Scottsdale and were able to get the Hyatt on Priceline for a last-minute bid of $70...what a deal! I had always wanted to stay here, but not at their regular rate.
Check-in was a bit of a pain as we got there at 4:00 and were told they were full the night before and it would be another hour before they had any clean rooms. The kids went down to the pool and changed clothes and swam while we waited for a call from the front desk, which took only about 30 minutes. When I was getting my keys, I heard them telling several other guests (even a wedding couple) the same thing about waiting another hour for their rooms to be ready too.
The grounds are gorgeous. Lots of palms and desert landscaping. Very interesting pool area. Lots of separate little pools surrounding the larger pool and walk-in beach pool area. The pools could be cleaner, especially the giant hot-tub. The kids enjoyed the watersilde and feeding the fish.
They have live music at night and guest seemed to be enjoying their evening listening to the band and having snacks/drinks indoors and out.
Rough sleeping as we had a room over the valet parking area and they talked and laughed all night long. I'm sure these are undesirable rooms they save for discount guests, so ask for a room on the other side away from the front entrance/valet area, especially if you are paying full price.
All in all, it was a beautiful resort and would stay again if the price is right. Otherwise I have a few other places I have enjoyed more in the area.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family