“Great location+Great staff+ Very nice suites=Excellent vacation”

Orange Tree Golf Resort
Ranked #53 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 23 March 2011

This was my first visit to Scottsdale. We came mostly to enjoy some baseball spring training. (GO BREWERS) The resort was in a great location and a very good price. We were very pleased with our suite. It was very roomy, clean and comfortable. The grounds were very beauituful. Coming from a Wisconsin winter, I enjoyed the long walks to and from the parking lot, my husband, however was annoyed by the parking lot size and location. The front desk was always happy to arrange a golf cart ride to and from your rooms. All in all, we would love to return in the future!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jbrusewitz
There are newer reviews for Orange Tree Golf Resort

Reviewed 21 March 2011

Reminded me of an old apartment building that was renovated. Staff was welcoming at time of arrival. Thank goodness they have a bellman with a golf cart to take your luggage to and from room since rooms are far from front desk. Very nice rooms with wonderful beds. Bathroom is fabulous, wish I had something like this at home. Nice place to visit in spring, but think it would would be too hot for a summer vacation.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gayle0903
Reviewed 14 March 2011

Booked hotel through Expedia. Had stayed here five years or so, before the rooms had been renovated. It is a timeshare resort through Shell Vacations, although we booked only a four night stay. I was traveling with my 88 year old father and was awrae that the two story accommodations do not have elevators and that there are complaints about the distance one has to travel from the parking lot to the room, depending on location. So, I contacted the resort ahead of time to request two adjacent ground floor units close to the main parking area. We were so accommodated, although I also requested a golf course view and was told those rooms were sold out (they are an upgrade). The rooms are very nice, very spacious. We were given two rooms with two double beds which was fine for my father, but not for my wife and I. When we asked for a room with a king, we were told there were none available but that they would check into availability the next day...which they never followed through on. The living rooms have a fold out couch, flat screen TV, full size refrigerator, microwave and dishes and utensils. The rooms also have a small patio. The only pool is at the far end of the resort and has a bar that closes at 7pm. They serve hamburgers and hot dogs. The pro shop has a kind of restaurant where they serve limited breakfast choices and lunch choices from 7am to 7pm. The golf course is in very good shape but pricey this time of year. One nice feature is free DVDs that were very current. Only other complaint besides the double beds and lack of follow through was that my father's room was very hot (80 degrees) and we couldn't get the A/C to come on. It was Saturday evening and we were told that engineering had gone home but they would look into it the first think the next morning...which they never did...but we managed to get it working the next day. It's a little surprising that a "resort" of this size would not have a better restaurant. Other than the lack of follow up in the areas mentioned, the service was otherwise very good and the staff very friendly. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank SteveDanvilleCA
Reviewed 3 March 2011

I really don't have too many bad things to say, i did enjoy my time at the golf resort however the sleep situation was not good at all, the bed and pillows were not comfortable, however Randell the Valet supervisor was fantastic long with Chris at the front desk, as they helped me with all of my needs. The rooms were big and newly renovated but more along a 3star renovation. So if you are looking to play golf it's great the location is good! Also the Internet did not work in my room, i had to go out to the pool...i would have liked the internet usage in my room.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 March 2011

Everyone was very friendly...The bed was comfortable, and the parking was not as bad as I thought it would be..What impressed my family the most was the housekeeping, excellent job..very clean place....

• Stayed: February 2011
Reviewed 12 February 2011

We recently stayed at this condo and were VERY pleased with this place. The units are at least 500 square feet or more and have a separate living and bedroom, also a granite countered bath with two sinks, large whirlpool tub, and separate shower. Decorated in modern decor, other amenities include a temperpedic mattress, large refrigerator, sink, microwave, dishes/towels, coffee maker, outdoor patio with 2 lounge chairs, several windows, two flatscreen tvs (one in bdrm is small), soaps, shampoo, tasteful modern art. Each unit has a separate outdoor entry which gives some extra privacy. Everything was super clean and we didn't want to leave after our three nights there! (One drawback is parking. You have to walk a little way to your unit so wouldn't recommend if you have handicap.) Staff was courteous and helpful. Altogether an Excellent place to stay in Scottsdale!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
Shell_Hospitality, Manager at Orange Tree Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2011

Thank you JavaDrinker48 for your wonderful review.

It makes us feel good to know you enjoyed your stay with us (and didn't want to leave!). We will pass your kind words along to the staff. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Scottsdale, Arizona!

Reviewed 4 February 2011

I booked my trip through Priceline... and if you've ever done that, well it can be kinda scary as you never know what kind of place your getting. WE ARE IN LOVE with this resort!!! My husband told me numerous times that "I did a good job!" We had never stayed here before but I did read the reviews and I guess prior to their renovating is was kind of "questionable." I overheard the front desk telling someone that all the rooms had been renovated and it shows!!! Very relaxing. It wouldn't go without saying about the parking issue/problem, but they have golf carts that take you to/from your room and if it's late at night the security on duty will gladly take you. It wasn't a big deal for us. We will definately be staying here again.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scottsdale
Scottsdale Links Resort
#37 of 75 in Scottsdale
Scottsdale Plaza Resort
Scottsdale Plaza Resort
#20 of 75 in Scottsdale

Been to Orange Tree Golf Resort? Share your experiences!