“DO NOT STAY HERE”

Orange Tree Resort
Ranked #51 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 6 April 2011

This is an overpriced resort. The cleaning services did not come for four days and we had to phone three times before we got towels. Pool area was insane, kids unattended jumping into the hot tub with toys and drinks. Parking is terrible usually ended up parking far away from our room. No food services had to buy our breakfast, lunch and dinner away from resort. When it took us a complete day to get towels there were no apologies or offers to compensate us for any inconveniences. This place was the most unclassy overpriced resort I have ever stayed at. If you like to be treated well and not harassed I suggest you go elsewhere.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank craftygroomer

Reviewed 4 April 2011

Overall, the whole family enjoyed our 6 night stay. Kids loved the pool and mom loved the hot tub. Housekeeping was great--they even washed our dishes. Very nice and helpful people working at the bell desk. Dave especially. Lots of restaurants nearby. Borrowed board games and DVDs from front desk. Good location for getting to spring training games. The only thing that wasn't perfect was the pillows, which were lumpy and uncomfortable. But this will not keep us from returning. Beautiful golf course.

Room Tip: Ask for room close to parking.
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 March 2011

This place was bad. dirty carpet in room left white socks black. No dining available even though we were told they would have all available and nothing at the pool. Had to gather up family to leave pool, get the car and drive for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Housekeeping doesn't accomodate requests. Left us no washcloths at all. Sex offender at pool that has no security access. Scary person and he was there for two days. Don't bring or leave your children to enjoy the pool alone. Smoke alarm chirpped for battery at 6:30 a.m. and no one fixed it until sometime during the day after 9:30 a.m. Everything seems to be about THEIR convenience and nothing about yours. Low quality resort and not worth the high price. Will never stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Hubbub942
Shell_Hospitality, General Manager at Orange Tree Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2011

Hi Hubbub942,

Per our phone conversation, again we apologize your experience us. I understand from our staff that a mistake was made in communicating our dining options on-site. As a result of this issue, we will inform guests in their confirmation emails as well as upon check-in about the hours of operation of our restaurant. I also understand your complaint about the carpeting in the room and we are working with our operations and housekeeping team to better improve the process of cleaning our guestroom floors. I appreciate you bringing up these issues and speaking with our team about how to better improve our services and amenities. In addition, I mentioned to you when we spoke, that we do not tolerate any inappropriate behavior of guests while staying on property. I have informed our hotel staff and security guards about this particular guest you described and we will take every precaution to ensure such guests are escorted from the premises in a timely manner.

All of us at Orange Tree Resort value the relationship with each of our guests and thank you for your business and appreciate your continued support.

Bruce Hamm
Shell Vacations Hospitality

Reviewed 23 March 2011

This was my first visit to Scottsdale. We came mostly to enjoy some baseball spring training. (GO BREWERS) The resort was in a great location and a very good price. We were very pleased with our suite. It was very roomy, clean and comfortable. The grounds were very beauituful. Coming from a Wisconsin winter, I enjoyed the long walks to and from the parking lot, my husband, however was annoyed by the parking lot size and location. The front desk was always happy to arrange a golf cart ride to and from your rooms. All in all, we would love to return in the future!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jbrusewitz
Reviewed 21 March 2011

Reminded me of an old apartment building that was renovated. Staff was welcoming at time of arrival. Thank goodness they have a bellman with a golf cart to take your luggage to and from room since rooms are far from front desk. Very nice rooms with wonderful beds. Bathroom is fabulous, wish I had something like this at home. Nice place to visit in spring, but think it would would be too hot for a summer vacation.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gayle0903
Reviewed 14 March 2011

Booked hotel through Expedia. Had stayed here five years or so, before the rooms had been renovated. It is a timeshare resort through Shell Vacations, although we booked only a four night stay. I was traveling with my 88 year old father and was awrae that the two story accommodations do not have elevators and that there are complaints about the distance one has to travel from the parking lot to the room, depending on location. So, I contacted the resort ahead of time to request two adjacent ground floor units close to the main parking area. We were so accommodated, although I also requested a golf course view and was told those rooms were sold out (they are an upgrade). The rooms are very nice, very spacious. We were given two rooms with two double beds which was fine for my father, but not for my wife and I. When we asked for a room with a king, we were told there were none available but that they would check into availability the next day...which they never followed through on. The living rooms have a fold out couch, flat screen TV, full size refrigerator, microwave and dishes and utensils. The rooms also have a small patio. The only pool is at the far end of the resort and has a bar that closes at 7pm. They serve hamburgers and hot dogs. The pro shop has a kind of restaurant where they serve limited breakfast choices and lunch choices from 7am to 7pm. The golf course is in very good shape but pricey this time of year. One nice feature is free DVDs that were very current. Only other complaint besides the double beds and lack of follow through was that my father's room was very hot (80 degrees) and we couldn't get the A/C to come on. It was Saturday evening and we were told that engineering had gone home but they would look into it the first think the next morning...which they never did...but we managed to get it working the next day. It's a little surprising that a "resort" of this size would not have a better restaurant. Other than the lack of follow up in the areas mentioned, the service was otherwise very good and the staff very friendly. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank SteveDanvilleCA
Reviewed 3 March 2011

I really don't have too many bad things to say, i did enjoy my time at the golf resort however the sleep situation was not good at all, the bed and pillows were not comfortable, however Randell the Valet supervisor was fantastic long with Chris at the front desk, as they helped me with all of my needs. The rooms were big and newly renovated but more along a 3star renovation. So if you are looking to play golf it's great the location is good! Also the Internet did not work in my room, i had to go out to the pool...i would have liked the internet usage in my room.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple