“Highly recommend”

Residence Inn Scottsdale Paradise Valley
Ranked #40 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed 24 June 2012

This is my first, but not last stay at this Marriott. My daughter was in town for a soccer tourney and her team had to stay at another hotel. My 9 year old son and I stayed here for 7 nights. It was just perfect. We stayed in a studio with a queen bed and hide a bed. It was perfect! The room was new and sparkling clean. The daily housekeeping was uninstrusive and well done. The daily breakfast was comprehensive and saved us alot of money and hassle. The evening wine/beer and lite meal were great for us and again saved us money and hassle. The location is very convenient to shopping, restaurants and freeway access. The pool was well kept and I was glad to hear they were starting a resurface of the pool area the day we left. The surface is really rough on the feet and was crumbling. I paid $99.00 for a studio with kitchen (no oven but everything else). I used the guest laudry which meant we could pack less. The FREE wireless was particularly appreciated as we had my work laptop and an Ipad. The staff were friendly, accomondating (even helping me look for my misplaced sock from when I did laundry!), and just plain wonderful. I travel a fair amount for work and soccer tourneys and I will now always look for a Marriott Residence Inn to stay at. THANK YOU for a great time!!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank P M
There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Scottsdale Paradise Valley

Reviewed 13 June 2012

The price for this spacous room was $149 per night. We paid with Marriott miles we had earned with our Marriott Visa Card and other Marriott stays, so it didn't cost us a penny. The hotel is fairly new, so everything was new and beautiful and clean. There was a rather nice kitchen, dining area, work table for the computer, two queeen beds and large mirror and nice bathroom. The blackout curtains were needed, and they worked great. There were two very large windows overlooking the mountains. Nice view. It was very quiet in the room, no outside noise at all. The beds were heavely (as Marriott bed usually are) and the shower pressure was good. One pet peeve I often have is that the shower heads are too low but not in this case, they were quite high, We are tall people so it's nice to have a shower taller than you are so you can wash your hair. We had coffee in the morning which was very good, but we didn't eat any of their food as we were visiting family and they fed us plenty! I would recommend this hotel if you have $149 a night to spend. Very, very comfortable and the staff was very nice. I have asthma, and I complained to the cleaning staff that my bed had too much fragrance (from the soap). They brought me differet bed linen the next night and I slept much better the second night. If you have breathing problems, you should check out the linens when you arrive. That is my only negative remark, and they fixed the problem as soon as I complained. I give them an excellent rating.

Room Tip: All rooms are inside, so if you are in a hurry, get a ground floor and it's easy access in and o...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank countrygurl1
Reviewed 25 April 2012

I always stay at Residence Inn whenever I can, and this one was no different. Everything seemed fairly new and the staff was pleasant. The location of this hotel is great. Near Old Town, and also near a bunch of good food!

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side are quieter
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Ted P
Reviewed 13 April 2012

My wife and I have been staying at the Residence Inn Scottsdale for an average of about 40 days per year for the past 15 years. We will not consider staying anywhere else on our travels to Scottsdale. The property is in excellent condition having been completly remodeled at least three time over our experience period, including as recently as the past year. All of the staff, from the front office through to the cleaning and maintenance staff, are friendly, professional and competent at their jobs. We have many times recommended the Residence Inn Scottsdale to friends, relatives and professional contacts and no one has ever been disappointed. We will continue to stay at this property on future visits and continue to recomment it highly to anyone who asks.
Mike & Julie Johnson, Ottawa, Canada.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mike J
Reviewed 5 April 2012

I always stay at Marriotts-They are usually well maintained. Not here. The hotel is old and lacking alot of conveniences-no wireless internet, no king beds etc. But they are not maintaining the property and the management does not seem to care-The mattresses were stained. The bedding was torn. Even though I asked to speak to a manager no one ever responded. Very unusual experience for a Marriott.

Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jennig60097
Nadia055, Property Sales Coordinator at Residence Inn Scottsdale Paradise Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2012

Thank you for your review on April 5th. We deeply regret the experience you had and offer our sincere apology. Our management team strives to ensure the comfort of our guests and places great value on your feedback. We contacted you by e-mail on March 29th in an attempt to help resolve the issues brought forth but did not receive a response. In our continued effort to meet and exceed guest expectations, we now offer complimentary wireless Internet access throughout the hotel and King beds will be added to our suites this summer. Please contact myself or another member of our management team directly at 480-948-8666 if we can be of further assistance. Thanks again for your feedback. Edie Mayer, General Manager

Reviewed 23 February 2012

I travel extensively and found this RIBM hotel to be exceptional in every way. The staff was very friendly, responsive and exceeded my expectations. The hotel is simply immaculate and the rooms and lobby decor was really awesome. I have stayed at other hotels in Scootsdale but will not stay anyplace else again.

I really liked the upscale feel of the hotel and the area in general. Iwould highly reccommend this Residence Inn and I am certain to be back.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 November 2011

This newly renovated hotel is about 25 minutes north of the phoenix airport. The rooms are spacious and have a very nice kitchenette that looks nothing like the photo on this site from 2008. I will try to load an updated photo. It is within walking distance to restaurants and a drug store, but you will likely have a car if you are staying here. No extra charge for parking, and there's plenty of it. Three quibbles: 1. The nightly manager's reception is a nice touch, but unless you are a light and indiscriminate eater, you won't find much of a meal there. But it's a good place from which to meet others and head elsewhere. 2. As someone else noted, the exercise room really is a closet (well, it has a window, though). It has just three pieces of equipment: a treadmill, a bike, and an elliptical-all of which is quality equipment though. Pool is nice but built for lounging, not exercise. 3. Surprised at the cheesy plastic hangers in closet. A very accommodating staff. All in all, a good choice of suburban hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011