“Nice Rooms and Plenty of Space”

Residence Inn Scottsdale Paradise Valley
Ranked #38 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
New Mexico
“Nice Rooms and Plenty of Space”
Reviewed 9 July 2012

We were having a family reunion at the J.W. Marriott on Lincoln and decided to save some money by staying at the Residence Inn 3 miles away. The decision was a good one...the room rate at the Residence Inn was a fourth of the rate charged at the J.W. for a 2 bedroom suite. It was a very easy commute back and forth - 5 minutes to meet up with family for the day at the J.W. and enjoy their pool.

AAA Summer Rates are 80.00 to 110.00 / Winter Rates $150.00 up

5 - Stars:
-Check-in was fast and accurate - we needed 2 suites and they got us two in the same building very convenient.
-Room Layout was excellent with a living area and kitchen in the center with two separate bedrooms and bathrooms
-Bedding was very comfortable
-3 HD televisions
-Large workdesk in living area
-Refrigerator, stove top, microwave and dishwasher
-Pool and Hot Tub were clean
-Free Self Parking next to each building
-House Keeping did a good job
-AC worked great even with 110 degree temps. outside
-Breakfast was good
3/4-Stars:
-Limited handicap accessibility - they didn't have a full handicap 2 bedroom suite.
-Bedroom doors are not solid (window doors) and only have shears - light comes through and are not private - we hang towels over the curtain rods to control light coming from living area.

We would recommend this hotel for families, couples and business travelers.

Safe Travels!

Room Tip: Rooms away from Scottsdale Road will be more quiet.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Colleyville, Texas
Reviewed 6 July 2012

We stayed 3 nights end of June/first of July. Pool and deck area just resurfaced the week prior to our arrival. Gorgeous for a residence inn. We stayed in a 2 queen bedroom/2 bath unit that had just been remodeled. Front desk mentioned that they have just received new king beds and currently installing them for the other units. The property itself has been there awhile, but from all appearances it is getting a complete remodel. I've attached a few pictures from our unit, 422. We had a very comfortable stay with great beds, linens, updated kitchen and baths. The price was terrific, Scottsdale's off-season of course.

Breakfast was superb with lots of choices and actual ceramic plates and cups if you choose. Excellent coffee as well. Staff was very friendly. Exercise room is small, but very adequate, with updated equipment, my husband used it a few times with no complaints.

We loved the location as it's less than 5 minutes to the "loop"...we took McDonald vs. Indian Bend Road (fewer lights)..., also about 5 min. or less to Old Town Scottsdale, which includes Scottsdale Fashion Square, a huge mall, with movie theatre and every store you can imagine. While in Scottsdale we visited the zoo, Musical Instrument Museum and horseback riding (Cave Creek Outfitters)...the zoo and museum were 20 minutes or less from the hotel and the horseback riding "out in the country" but still took just 30-35 minutes from the hotel. And probably the best part about the Residence Inn location...walking distance to a Trader Joe's. If you haven't been to one, you gotta go just to see all the "cool" and different items they carry. It's a small grocery store, great prices for being "upscale, mostly organic, and unique." We picked up sandwich items, their own yummy burritos, and drinks.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Leslie0766
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 24 June 2012

This is my first, but not last stay at this Marriott. My daughter was in town for a soccer tourney and her team had to stay at another hotel. My 9 year old son and I stayed here for 7 nights. It was just perfect. We stayed in a studio with a queen bed and hide a bed. It was perfect! The room was new and sparkling clean. The daily housekeeping was uninstrusive and well done. The daily breakfast was comprehensive and saved us alot of money and hassle. The evening wine/beer and lite meal were great for us and again saved us money and hassle. The location is very convenient to shopping, restaurants and freeway access. The pool was well kept and I was glad to hear they were starting a resurface of the pool area the day we left. The surface is really rough on the feet and was crumbling. I paid $99.00 for a studio with kitchen (no oven but everything else). I used the guest laudry which meant we could pack less. The FREE wireless was particularly appreciated as we had my work laptop and an Ipad. The staff were friendly, accomondating (even helping me look for my misplaced sock from when I did laundry!), and just plain wonderful. I travel a fair amount for work and soccer tourneys and I will now always look for a Marriott Residence Inn to stay at. THANK YOU for a great time!!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank P M
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed 13 June 2012

The price for this spacous room was $149 per night. We paid with Marriott miles we had earned with our Marriott Visa Card and other Marriott stays, so it didn't cost us a penny. The hotel is fairly new, so everything was new and beautiful and clean. There was a rather nice kitchen, dining area, work table for the computer, two queeen beds and large mirror and nice bathroom. The blackout curtains were needed, and they worked great. There were two very large windows overlooking the mountains. Nice view. It was very quiet in the room, no outside noise at all. The beds were heavely (as Marriott bed usually are) and the shower pressure was good. One pet peeve I often have is that the shower heads are too low but not in this case, they were quite high, We are tall people so it's nice to have a shower taller than you are so you can wash your hair. We had coffee in the morning which was very good, but we didn't eat any of their food as we were visiting family and they fed us plenty! I would recommend this hotel if you have $149 a night to spend. Very, very comfortable and the staff was very nice. I have asthma, and I complained to the cleaning staff that my bed had too much fragrance (from the soap). They brought me differet bed linen the next night and I slept much better the second night. If you have breathing problems, you should check out the linens when you arrive. That is my only negative remark, and they fixed the problem as soon as I complained. I give them an excellent rating.

Room Tip: All rooms are inside, so if you are in a hurry, get a ground floor and it's easy access in and o...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank countrygurl1
Flagstaff
Reviewed 25 April 2012

I always stay at Residence Inn whenever I can, and this one was no different. Everything seemed fairly new and the staff was pleasant. The location of this hotel is great. Near Old Town, and also near a bunch of good food!

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side are quieter
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Ted P
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 13 April 2012

My wife and I have been staying at the Residence Inn Scottsdale for an average of about 40 days per year for the past 15 years. We will not consider staying anywhere else on our travels to Scottsdale. The property is in excellent condition having been completly remodeled at least three time over our experience period, including as recently as the past year. All of the staff, from the front office through to the cleaning and maintenance staff, are friendly, professional and competent at their jobs. We have many times recommended the Residence Inn Scottsdale to friends, relatives and professional contacts and no one has ever been disappointed. We will continue to stay at this property on future visits and continue to recomment it highly to anyone who asks.
Mike & Julie Johnson, Ottawa, Canada.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mike J
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 5 April 2012

I always stay at Marriotts-They are usually well maintained. Not here. The hotel is old and lacking alot of conveniences-no wireless internet, no king beds etc. But they are not maintaining the property and the management does not seem to care-The mattresses were stained. The bedding was torn. Even though I asked to speak to a manager no one ever responded. Very unusual experience for a Marriott.

Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jennig60097
Nadia055, Property Sales Coordinator at Residence Inn Scottsdale Paradise Valley, responded to this review, 11 April 2012
Thank you for your review on April 5th. We deeply regret the experience you had and offer our sincere apology. Our management team strives to ensure the comfort of our guests and places great value on your feedback. We contacted you by e-mail on March 29th in an attempt to help resolve the issues brought forth but did not receive a response. In our continued effort to meet and exceed guest expectations, we now offer complimentary wireless Internet access throughout the hotel and King beds will be added to our suites this summer. Please contact myself or another member of our management team directly at 480-948-8666 if we can be of further assistance. Thanks again for your feedback. Edie Mayer, General Manager