Residence Inn by Marriott Scottsdale Paradise Valley
US$96
US$79
Hotel Valley Ho(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$222
Hotwire.com
US$148
US$135
The McCormick Scottsdale(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$112
US$206
US$181
Hyatt.com
  • Pool
The Scott Resort & Spa(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
US$193
US$117
Agoda.com
US$312
US$272
  • Pool
Gainey Suites Hotel(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
US$142
All reviewstrader joesbasketball courtbedroom suitebusy roaddaily breakfastfull kitchenbbq areaconvenient locationyogurtquiet at nightfashion squarewould stay here againwithin easy walking distancehotel is locatedphoenix airportbusiness travelersitting area
Reviewed 9 July 2012

We were having a family reunion at the J.W. Marriott on Lincoln and decided to save some money by staying at the Residence Inn 3 miles away. The decision was a good one...the room rate at the Residence Inn was a fourth of the rate charged at the J.W. for a 2 bedroom suite. It was a very easy commute back and forth - 5 minutes to meet up with family for the day at the J.W. and enjoy their pool.

AAA Summer Rates are 80.00 to 110.00 / Winter Rates $150.00 up

5 - Stars:
-Check-in was fast and accurate - we needed 2 suites and they got us two in the same building very convenient.
-Room Layout was excellent with a living area and kitchen in the center with two separate bedrooms and bathrooms
-Bedding was very comfortable
-3 HD televisions
-Large workdesk in living area
-Refrigerator, stove top, microwave and dishwasher
-Pool and Hot Tub were clean
-Free Self Parking next to each building
-House Keeping did a good job
-AC worked great even with 110 degree temps. outside
-Breakfast was good
3/4-Stars:
-Limited handicap accessibility - they didn't have a full handicap 2 bedroom suite.
-Bedroom doors are not solid (window doors) and only have shears - light comes through and are not private - we hang towels over the curtain rods to control light coming from living area.

We would recommend this hotel for families, couples and business travelers.

Safe Travels!

Room Tip: Rooms away from Scottsdale Road will be more quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2012

We stayed 3 nights end of June/first of July. Pool and deck area just resurfaced the week prior to our arrival. Gorgeous for a residence inn. We stayed in a 2 queen bedroom/2 bath unit that had just been remodeled. Front desk mentioned that they have just received new king beds and currently installing them for the other units. The property itself has been there awhile, but from all appearances it is getting a complete remodel. I've attached a few pictures from our unit, 422. We had a very comfortable stay with great beds, linens, updated kitchen and baths. The price was terrific, Scottsdale's off-season of course.

Breakfast was superb with lots of choices and actual ceramic plates and cups if you choose. Excellent coffee as well. Staff was very friendly. Exercise room is small, but very adequate, with updated equipment, my husband used it a few times with no complaints.

We loved the location as it's less than 5 minutes to the "loop"...we took McDonald vs. Indian Bend Road (fewer lights)..., also about 5 min. or less to Old Town Scottsdale, which includes Scottsdale Fashion Square, a huge mall, with movie theatre and every store you can imagine. While in Scottsdale we visited the zoo, Musical Instrument Museum and horseback riding (Cave Creek Outfitters)...the zoo and museum were 20 minutes or less from the hotel and the horseback riding "out in the country" but still took just 30-35 minutes from the hotel. And probably the best part about the Residence Inn location...walking distance to a Trader Joe's. If you haven't been to one, you gotta go just to see all the "cool" and different items they carry. It's a small grocery store, great prices for being "upscale, mostly organic, and unique." We picked up sandwich items, their own yummy burritos, and drinks.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Leslie0766
Reviewed 24 June 2012

This is my first, but not last stay at this Marriott. My daughter was in town for a soccer tourney and her team had to stay at another hotel. My 9 year old son and I stayed here for 7 nights. It was just perfect. We stayed in a studio with a queen bed and hide a bed. It was perfect! The room was new and sparkling clean. The daily housekeeping was uninstrusive and well done. The daily breakfast was comprehensive and saved us alot of money and hassle. The evening wine/beer and lite meal were great for us and again saved us money and hassle. The location is very convenient to shopping, restaurants and freeway access. The pool was well kept and I was glad to hear they were starting a resurface of the pool area the day we left. The surface is really rough on the feet and was crumbling. I paid $99.00 for a studio with kitchen (no oven but everything else). I used the guest laudry which meant we could pack less. The FREE wireless was particularly appreciated as we had my work laptop and an Ipad. The staff were friendly, accomondating (even helping me look for my misplaced sock from when I did laundry!), and just plain wonderful. I travel a fair amount for work and soccer tourneys and I will now always look for a Marriott Residence Inn to stay at. THANK YOU for a great time!!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank P M
Reviewed 13 June 2012

The price for this spacous room was $149 per night. We paid with Marriott miles we had earned with our Marriott Visa Card and other Marriott stays, so it didn't cost us a penny. The hotel is fairly new, so everything was new and beautiful and clean. There was a rather nice kitchen, dining area, work table for the computer, two queeen beds and large mirror and nice bathroom. The blackout curtains were needed, and they worked great. There were two very large windows overlooking the mountains. Nice view. It was very quiet in the room, no outside noise at all. The beds were heavely (as Marriott bed usually are) and the shower pressure was good. One pet peeve I often have is that the shower heads are too low but not in this case, they were quite high, We are tall people so it's nice to have a shower taller than you are so you can wash your hair. We had coffee in the morning which was very good, but we didn't eat any of their food as we were visiting family and they fed us plenty! I would recommend this hotel if you have $149 a night to spend. Very, very comfortable and the staff was very nice. I have asthma, and I complained to the cleaning staff that my bed had too much fragrance (from the soap). They brought me differet bed linen the next night and I slept much better the second night. If you have breathing problems, you should check out the linens when you arrive. That is my only negative remark, and they fixed the problem as soon as I complained. I give them an excellent rating.

Room Tip: All rooms are inside, so if you are in a hurry, get a ground floor and it's easy access in and out of the building. There was absolutely no noise and we were there on the weekend.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank countrygurl1
Reviewed 25 April 2012

I always stay at Residence Inn whenever I can, and this one was no different. Everything seemed fairly new and the staff was pleasant. The location of this hotel is great. Near Old Town, and also near a bunch of good food!

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side are quieter
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo