“Perfect for get-away home style..... A+”

Residence Inn Scottsdale Paradise Valley
Ranked #39 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed 26 February 2013

Recently stayed for two nights at the Residence Inn as part of a multi-family get together and the Residence Inn was perfect! Spotlessly clean, large suite rooms, with pull-out sofa, fireplace, King bed, ample, but not -invading-in-space-sized kitchen and generously sized bathroom all won high marks for me. The Residence Inn in Paradise Valley is a few miles north of downtown "Old Scottsdale" and as long as you don't have the need or desire to be in the thick of things, the Residence Inn is a nice, quite and spacious alternative, with plenty of parking. All of the Marriott property quality attributes are found at Residence Inn... it's not super fancy, but sometimes you don't need, or want to pay for super fancy. The Residence Inn was an amazingly well-priced property with all the amenities I was looking for, including fitness center (small but adequate), free breakfast (one of the best I've experienced), free internet, outdoor pool (small but perfect for splashing around and sunbathing.... after all, this IS Arizona ;-), and a fun-sized basketball/paddleball court with BBQ for those staying long enough to shop for groceries and hang out.

The front desk at Residence Inn was professional, courteous and very accommodating, granting our every wish for late departures for some of our family guests. Their willingness to be flexible made a HUGE difference for us, as it allowed some family members to have a home base before a late flight home. I always give high marks to a hotel which cheerfully helps out guests when booking schedules permit. Residence Inn came through in flying colors.

On-site laundry and a number of townhouse-style units with two floors (no elevators). Several restaurants in fashionable open Malls nearby will enable you to walk out for dinner/Starbucks/groceries.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 14 February 2013

The rooms at this Residence Inn have been newly renovated and are quite spacious and pleasant.

Very reasonably priced.

Convenient location - close to restaurants and shopping.

The pool/BBQ are is small.

We had a ground floor room overlooking the parking lot - not ideal - but I guess somebody has to! ;)

Breakfast was okay - not the best Residence Inn breakfast - but adequate.

The internet at this hotel is veeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyy sssssslllllllllloooooooooowwww...It is not acceptable for a business hotel.

Would we return? not sure - that's how slow the internet was :)

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank play_it_again
Nadia055, Property Sales Coordinator at Residence Inn Scottsdale Paradise Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2013

Thank you for choosing Residence Inn Scottsdale Paradise Valley for your recent stay. We realize that you have many options in Scottsdale and truly appreciate your business. Further, we value the time you took to share your comments with us. We’re sorry to hear of your inconvenience with our Internet service. Please know that we recently increased our bandwidth in order to meet and exceed our guests’ need for fast Internet service. We will continue to monitor our Internet capacity to ensure proper speed is always available for our guests. We’re happy to hear that we met your expectations in all other areas and hope you’ll re-consider our property the next time you’re in town!

Reviewed 28 January 2013

Standard, predictable stay in a Residence Inn. We've stayed in many Marriott Residence Inns; everything was up to the usual standards for a mid-range economy property. The front staff was exceptionally nice.
The "Gatehouse" are with the pool and jacuzzi at the this property are on thew small side. They also have a tennis court.
Ask for a room facing "inside" or toward the pool courtyard; other wise ther's not much to look at except traffic or other buildings on the parking lot sides.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 January 2013

Stayed here for three nights during a business seminar since the conference hotel was fully booked. Excellent service everywhere, from the hotel management to the cleaning staff. With a kitchenette and Trader Joe's next door, making breakfast or a snack was just like home! Would definitely return.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Finding space for a family with a twenty something, a teen, and two adults when traveling is no easy task and this residence Inn fit the bill perfectly. The Two bedroom suite was spacious, with two King beds, and a pull out couch. There was even a fireplace. The room was clean and came with a full Kitchen. Breakfast every morning was hot and delicious with egg sandwiches, sausage, make your own waffles, eggs, and fruit. We were not there during the week, so we missed the evening reception, but we have heard this is also plentiful. The Location was great, and the beds were firm but comfortable.

The staff were warm and friendly and made the stay very enjoyable.

Highly recommended

Room Tip: Go for the two bedroom suites!
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 January 2013

I was delighted to celebrate New Years Eve with friends sharing this suite. Richly appointed, clean, tiled floors, kitchen sparkling, and beds big and comfortable. Then for the managers happy hour, wine and beer though snacks wanting but then breakfast the following morning far outweighed my expectations from sausage and eggs and potatoes to sweet muffins. Staff was exceptionally welcoming at check in and check out was smooth and efficient.
Couldn't figure out TV controls in the bedroom to receive the same programing as we were receiving in the living room. Maybe more instructions there though didn't go looking for them. Friend hooked up her computer and seemed to do find but we were on a holiday weekend versus business.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 November 2012

I checked into this hotel for a two week business trip and from the moment I walked into the door I felt welcome. The hotel supervisor, Win, was extremely pleasant and accomodating. When I arrived my credit card authorization form had not yet been received. However, Win got me all set up in my room and allowed me to get it to her later since I was heading off to a meeting. Once she received it she called me to let me know and wished me a great rest of the day. During my entire stay whenever I would see her she would always greet me with a warm and friendly welcome. I felt as if I had known her for years!

The hotel rooms itself was impeccable. The rooms were updated and clean and felt very much like home. It was contemporary and updated with stainless steel appliances in the kitchen.

The hotel served breakfast every morning and the food was always fresh and there was always a nice variety from one day to the next. The breakfast staff was amazing as well and I enjoyed seeing Ms. Dorinda each morning when I went into the breakfast area. She was such a delightful and pleasant person.

I had plans to leave for the weekend and return home to Atlanta, then come back to Phoenix for the following week of business. But, the hotel was so comfortable and made me feel so at home that I stayed through the weekend!

The location of the hotel is also AMAZING and you have access to everything within a couple of miles.

Once my trip ended and I returned home, I realized that I had left my laptop in my room. I called the hotel and Anne Marie immediately went and had someone retrieve it. She contacted me and let me know that it was found and that she would put it away. I asked her if she could mail it to me and she said absolutely! She sent it via Fed Ex and I had it back in my possession in a matter of days.

This hotel is really one of a kind. The people could not have been any nicer than they were and the entire experience for me was GOLD STAR! They have set a pretty high standard for other residence inn's that I visit. I appreciate the level of customer service that they provided and would make this my hotel of choice if I am ever in the Phoenix area again.

HATS OFF!