Residence Inn by Marriott Scottsdale Paradise Valley
US$79
Hilton Scottsdale Resort & Villas(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
US$138
US$124
  • Pool
The Scott Resort & Spa(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
US$193
  • Restaurant
US$899
US$218
  • Restaurant
Hotel Valley Ho(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
US$124
US$118
US$197
US$180
US$312
US$272
  • Pool
Gainey Suites Hotel(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
US$142
All reviewstrader joesbasketball courtbedroom suitebusy roaddaily breakfastfull kitchenbbq areaconvenient locationyogurtquiet at nightfashion squarewould stay here againwithin easy walking distancehotel is locatedphoenix airportbusiness travelersitting area
Reviewed 12 March 2013

Was hesitant at first when choosing the room I did. Usually with a Residence Inn, you get a large suite with a separate bedroom for more privacy and 2 TVs, which I love, since hubby and I dont like the same programs. But, this room is very nice! When I booked online, I knew it wouldn't be the room I'd hoped for, because Spring Training is in town, and it was slim pickins in choice hotels. I did ask Racquel (sp) at check in, if upgraded rooms were available, and she said "no", and confirmed my suspicions. There are no elevators on the property and since we had a weeks worth of luggage and "stuff", I was very glad they accommodated us with a ground floor room. We didnt get a room with a view of anything, I did request that ahead of time, but that always depends on timing and who checks in 1st, I believe. This room is more suited for the handicapped or person with disabilities, the bathroom especially. There is no counter space in the bathroom for all mine and husbands stuff, so we are having to use the closet or table. The tub/shower has about 4 handrails and a large fold down bench to sit on. I dont know if there's enough room for a body to take a bath? The room looks sparkling clean, the kitchen is small but has everything you'd need. The guest laundry room is right across from our room, which is nice. In the evening they have beer, wine, coffee, tea, etc. They also serve a dish for dinner, nothing fancy, but if you're feeling lazy and dont want to cook, or find a place to go, its quite sufficient. They also serve breakfast in the morning. I'm sure we will enjoy the convenience of that.

All in all, the room is nice and clean, the staff has been friendly and accommodating when they can be. If it wasnt for being as busy as the hotel is, I would have got a larger suite with a bedroom, and more counter space in the bathroom. Since we're here for a whole week, we'd like to be more comfortable, but you have to plan early if you plan to stay during spring training season. I will follow up on this review after our entire stay, and see if i'm still a happy camper after a week! :)

Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KerryLK
Reviewed 28 February 2013

The Residence Inn Scottsdale appears to be pretty typical for this class and brand of hotel. But, over a 5-day stay, I was impressed with the above-average quality of the stay experience.

A J.W. it is not. But it is a basic, reasonably priced hotel that is clean, surprisingly quiet, good attention to detail, attracts a good class of guests and has a great location.

Located just north of Old Scottsdale, the Residence has a very central location to all of Scottsdale and Phoenix. So everything in town is a pretty reasonable drive.

This location also gives you great restaurant choices close-by, even within easy walking distance. There also is a Walgreens and a Trader Joe’s within a one city-block walk if you want groceries or snacks for your kitchen. Veneto Trattoria, literally across the street, may be one the best and most authentic Italian restaurants in town. Up the street to the north are several other options, including a nice wine bar and a Fogo de Chao.

Parking at the Residence is plentiful. If you need a rental car, the Doubletree, a half mile down Scottsdale road, has an Avis facility. The front desk can get you a cab on 10 or 15 minute notice mid-day. A ride to the airport is $30, plus tip.

Being right on Scottsdale Road, you might be concerned about road noise. But, don’t be. My room, in the main building, was as exposed as you can get, 40 feet from the road and right over the front door. But the hotel has double-paned windows, and I had no problems, even with my side of the bed three feet from the window. I also think there is very little truck traffic on Scottsdale Road, which makes a big difference. Other buildings at the property are better removed from the street, so you shouldn’t expect any noise problems.

The clientele seems to be quiet as well. During my stay, it was predominantly a combination of business travelers and retirees.

My room was very clean. Linens and towels were all nice and above average for this class of hotel. The bed was just-right firm, with plenty of pillows and good cover options. The kitchen and bathroom were both spotless. Hot water was plentiful. My only gripe is that water pressure was weak. Shower head height was adequate, not great, for a six-footer. It was about eye-level for me. Although, the tub had a nice non-slip bottom.

The bathroom set-up is good for a couple. The sink and counter are outside the toilet and tub, so she can be doing her hair while you’re in the shower.

The free breakfast was pretty basic and adequate, although doesn’t vary much day-to-day. The breakfast meat selection flips daily between turkey Canadian bacon slices and sausage patties. Sometimes there are biscuit sandwiches or pancakes. Every day you have scrambled eggs, potatoes, cereals, muffins, bagels, make-your-own waffles, yogurt and one kind of cut fresh fruit, along with bananas and apples.

The workout room is pretty basic, with a couple treadmills and elipticals. There are some free weights, but no bench.

The pool looks nice, but I was there during a cold snap, so didn’t use it.

It’s hard to be too effusive over a basic hotel. But the Residence Inn Scottsdale is a solid performer that delivers an above-average experience for this class of hotel. If you travel much, you know that’s not always a given. If you are traveling to Scottsdale on a budget, this is a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Main building is most convenient for breakfast, but outer buildings are further from the street, so generally quieter.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 February 2013

Recently stayed for two nights at the Residence Inn as part of a multi-family get together and the Residence Inn was perfect! Spotlessly clean, large suite rooms, with pull-out sofa, fireplace, King bed, ample, but not -invading-in-space-sized kitchen and generously sized bathroom all won high marks for me. The Residence Inn in Paradise Valley is a few miles north of downtown "Old Scottsdale" and as long as you don't have the need or desire to be in the thick of things, the Residence Inn is a nice, quite and spacious alternative, with plenty of parking. All of the Marriott property quality attributes are found at Residence Inn... it's not super fancy, but sometimes you don't need, or want to pay for super fancy. The Residence Inn was an amazingly well-priced property with all the amenities I was looking for, including fitness center (small but adequate), free breakfast (one of the best I've experienced), free internet, outdoor pool (small but perfect for splashing around and sunbathing.... after all, this IS Arizona ;-), and a fun-sized basketball/paddleball court with BBQ for those staying long enough to shop for groceries and hang out.

The front desk at Residence Inn was professional, courteous and very accommodating, granting our every wish for late departures for some of our family guests. Their willingness to be flexible made a HUGE difference for us, as it allowed some family members to have a home base before a late flight home. I always give high marks to a hotel which cheerfully helps out guests when booking schedules permit. Residence Inn came through in flying colors.

On-site laundry and a number of townhouse-style units with two floors (no elevators). Several restaurants in fashionable open Malls nearby will enable you to walk out for dinner/Starbucks/groceries.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 February 2013

The rooms at this Residence Inn have been newly renovated and are quite spacious and pleasant.

Very reasonably priced.

Convenient location - close to restaurants and shopping.

The pool/BBQ are is small.

We had a ground floor room overlooking the parking lot - not ideal - but I guess somebody has to! ;)

Breakfast was okay - not the best Residence Inn breakfast - but adequate.

The internet at this hotel is veeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyy sssssslllllllllloooooooooowwww...It is not acceptable for a business hotel.

Would we return? not sure - that's how slow the internet was :)

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank play_it_again
Nadia055, Property Sales Coordinator at Residence Inn by Marriott Scottsdale Paradise Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2013

Thank you for choosing Residence Inn Scottsdale Paradise Valley for your recent stay. We realize that you have many options in Scottsdale and truly appreciate your business. Further, we value the time you took to share your comments with us. We’re sorry to hear of your inconvenience with our Internet service. Please know that we recently increased our bandwidth in order to meet and exceed our guests’ need for fast Internet service. We will continue to monitor our Internet capacity to ensure proper speed is always available for our guests. We’re happy to hear that we met your expectations in all other areas and hope you’ll re-consider our property the next time you’re in town!

Reviewed 28 January 2013

Standard, predictable stay in a Residence Inn. We've stayed in many Marriott Residence Inns; everything was up to the usual standards for a mid-range economy property. The front staff was exceptionally nice.
The "Gatehouse" are with the pool and jacuzzi at the this property are on thew small side. They also have a tennis court.
Ask for a room facing "inside" or toward the pool courtyard; other wise ther's not much to look at except traffic or other buildings on the parking lot sides.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family