I planned a trip to play in a tournament in Scottsdale. I had friends who lived in Glendale, South Phoenix and Mesa. I didn't want most of my traveling to be in a car to/from my games. I opted for Howard Johnson on Indian School.
I normally stay with Hilton hotels, but this time around I was on a budget. When I came across Howard Johnson, I was a little skeptical of their $34.00/night room price. I read the recent reviews and felt I should take a chance. I am glad I did.
The location is right in the heart of Scottsdale. You are within walking distance to great shopping and restaurants. The staff here are friendly. The room was very nice. The bathroom was clean, there were complimentary toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, lotion), a mini-fridge and microwave in the room. I did not have any noise issues here. The pool was okay. My daughter loved it at night since the lights change colors.
Since you're not spending very much for the rooms here, use your extra cash to get breakfast elsewhere. The complimentary breakfast entails oatmeal, toast, bagels, yogurt, muffins and cold cereal. No meats, no eggs here. Again, you're minutes away from excellent dining options.
I enjoyed my stay and would gladly return to this same HoJo for future stays in the Scottsdale area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of Old Town Scottsdale, our Howard Johnson Scottsdale, AZ, hotel is just minutes from famed restaurants, nightlife, premiere shopping and casinos. Our 100% non-smoking, recently renovated hotel is near Arizona State University as well as many major businesses and corporations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Howard Johnson Scottsdale Old Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rodeway Inn Old Town Scottsdale Hotel Scottsdale
- Rodeway Inn Scottsdale
- Scottsdale Rodeway Inn
- Howard Johnson Scottsdale Old Town Arizona