“Fabulous experience”

GreenLeadersSilver level
London
“Fabulous experience”
Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

We had a fantastic week at this resort would recommend to anyone, great peaceful location, clean, good sized pool, near to town with plenty of shops and entertainment, we will try to make another trip to this resort in the next couple of years.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TunnelMan
Julie W, Manager at Scottsdale Camelback Resort, responded to this review, 16 September 2013
Thank you for the 5 star rating! We are ecstatic that your stay was PERFECT! We look forward to your return.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We had a great week at Scottsdale Camelback, touring Appache Trail, Wickenburg, Tombstone, Jeep Tour of the Desert, Old Town Scottsdale and various other sites.
The staff were very nice and helpful, pool was excellent and enjoyed an evening watching '42' in the theatre.
I had read reviews before we went and some of them concerned me, I found people were being over critical.
Our villa was a two bedroom, two bathroom and very comfortable. We had a look at another suite and they are upgrading which is great. If you can pick one upstairs so you get a balcony with a view.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Julie W, Manager at Scottsdale Camelback Resort, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
It sounds like you really got to see quite a bit during your visit! Phoenix and the surrounding area offer some pretty cool touring experiences. We are glad you had a pleasant stay. Come back and visit us soon!
Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

My husband and I own a time share with geo holidays chose this location as our first vacation. It's a lovely resort with plenty to do on site as well As being very close to downtown. We got a two bedroom, one and a half bathroom villa. The villas are spacious, with a full kitchen and a patio in the back. I do have a few problems with the villa though, the first being that the beds are stiff as a board, literally I feel like I slept on the floor. Secondly the tub in the master bedroom was at one time a jacuzzi tub but it doesn't work anymore. I feel like the rooms could be updated a little bit but overall I am satisfied. Oooh and one more thing, they never mentioned it when we made our reservation but they take a two hundred dollar deposit at the time of check in

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank pickytiffy
Grayslake, Illinois
Reviewed 28 August 2013

They treat you very nice here - offering you water when you pull up and taking care of your car when you register. The room we had was great - a view of the garden with a large walk-out patio off to the side. It was a 2nd story room - with stairs - no elevator - so be aware of that if you have physical limitations.

We stayed in the summer (August) so we paid the off-season rate and also had a food& drink credit - so overall is was a very good deal. That also meant we had to deal with the heat - but the outdoor pool was an excellent source of refreshment. Lap lanes for the serious swimmers and plenty of comfortable lounge chairs for the sun worshipers. They are in the process of updating all the rooms and ours was recently redone - modern decorating and bath fixtures. The glass enclosed shower in a separate room from the vanity is a modern standard they meet very well.

This is a place for the spa crowd - which we didn't experience - so I can't comment on that. The overall feel of the place was very comfortable and inviting - from the couches in the happy hour bar to the outdoor seating for breakfast and dinner- if you can stand the heat. There is a .6 mile hike up the side of the mountain which gives you a nice view of Phoenix, but besides that it is not really an outdoor oriented complex. You can rent bikes and ride around the adjoining neighborhoods, which give you a feel for some of the nicer homes in Scottsdale. The internet was free but we had to plug in a cable - not very modern when you get Wi-Fi and rest areas nowadays. (this is a complaint about most Marriott properties that they will have to rectify sometime soon.)

The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. We were trying to do laundry at the complimentary laundry facilities (nice clean modern machine) but the water was turned off due to the remodeling work. A call was made and within 5 minutes the problem was fixed and a staff member showed up in the laundry room to apologize. I was impressed.

Another nice thing about the offseason (besides the price) was the lack of crowds for any service. The cocktail lounge, dining room, pool, laundry area, were all sparsely populated. We understand it can get a little crowded in the winter months. Not sure if I would want to pay full price and then have to deal with lots of people, but I would like to come back again when it is not 107 degrees.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the side patio on our 2nd floor room. Plenty of space to host a gathering if you are trav...
1 Thank lovestoroam78
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed 16 August 2013 via mobile

This visit is my 16th year at this resort. It has great staff, lovely rooms, an excellent location and is very clean.

However in this day and age not offering free wifi to guests is quite frankly poor.

Yes there are free laptops in reception for guests; but I want to use my own phone and Mac when I am online.

We are here for 5-weeks And if we bought wifi every day it would cost $175 extra.

I've stayed in many resorts who charge both more and less for their rooms and yet still manage to give free wifi.

Come on SCR, sort this issue out please.

• Stayed August 2013
7 Thank SMNewport
We are more than happy to see you return for 16 years! We appreciate your feedback as we look to make improvements to the resort to ensure our guests satisfaction. We look forward to your return!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 August 2013

My wife and I have owned here for several years and visit each August from the UK
I have read some of the reviews and can honestly say that I am saddened by the comments. We have always found the Senior Management, the front desk, maintenance, housekeeping and the whole team to be so friendly, helpful and polite to us. The concierge system is extremely good and we have had so many pleasant trips around the area arranged by Jerry and Barbara.
Thank you all for a wonderful annual visit. For us it is like coming home and putting on a comfortable pair of slippers. Long may it last!!!!

3 Thank mjpdcook
Julie W, Manager at Scottsdale Camelback Resort, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
We are thrilled that you feel our resort is like coming home! Thank you for the 5 star rating. We look forward to your return next year.
San Diego, California
Reviewed 8 August 2013

My husband and I recently visited this resort and will not return.
We travel often, and there are many better choices in the area.

It is totally unacceptable to not offer in-room, free internet in the year 2013. We get it at RV resorts!

The complex is drab, dated. Our room was half-way updated with some new faucets some old, even in the same bathroom. The whirlpool tub did not work.

Cleaning staff left the radio on which startled us upon arrival. We thought some people were in the room.

The furniture was good.
The staff, which we only dealt with upon check-in, was pleasant.

The landscaping was nice and well maintained.

5 Thank USANancyS
Julie W, Director of Sales at Scottsdale Camelback Resort, responded to this review, 12 August 2013
Thank you for your review. I am saddened to hear of your disappointment of our resort. I would like to discuss with you directly of your issues with the internet and the room decor so that we can learn from your experience. If you have the time and are willing, I would truly appreciate a phone call so that I can rectify these issues.

Julie Witt