Scottsdale Camelback Resort
US$97
US$79
Hilton Scottsdale Resort & Villas(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
US$124
US$233
US$201
Hotwire.com
  • Pool
Hotel Valley Ho(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
US$190
  • Pool
The McCormick Scottsdale(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$106
The Scott Resort & Spa(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
US$238
US$108
Agoda.com
US$312
US$215
  • Pool
Gainey Suites Hotel(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
US$131
1,025 results
All reviewstennis courtsminiature golfputting greenstudio unitsecond bedroompool areafashion square mallfull kitchenwasher dryerhot tubgreat place to staygrand canyonking bedcontinental breakfastbit datedfamily vacationconvenient location
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I've stayed at many RCI properties over the years (some nice and some not-so-nice) but this was, by far, the best overall. The décor, location, and amenities were more on the level of a 5 star hotel than a timeshare resort. We definitely hope to stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back to have a bird's eye view of Camelback mountain.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Patricia O
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Stayed on business in a refurbished 2 bed villa which was outstanding. Nice pool area with bar, good sized health suite and spa. A decent basic breakfast was included and food from the bar was good. A happy hour is run between 3pm and 6pm which gave good value drinks and food. Would definitely stay there again when in the area. We had a business meeting in the Phoenician and this hotel was a quarter of the price!

Room Tip: we had a refurbished villa and it was great. I couldn't comment on a non modernised room
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Our family of five recently stayed with the SCR for four nights and we really enjoyed our stay! We were in unit C-18 which is the 'Barcelona' floor plan with 3 bedrooms (1 king, 1 queen, 2 twin) on two floors. The rooms are not luxurious, but they are very well maintained and were quite comfortable. This floor plan is quite spacious. The resort grounds are very attractive and very well maintained and there are many activities on site. The pool area is great and the complimentary breakfast is very good (waffle station, oatmeal, yogurt, fruits, cereals, muffins, bagels, etc.). All of the staff we encountered were pleasant and helpful. This is a fantastic value for the price. Overall, I was very impressed and I would definitely stay there again. My only complaints are minor ones and most of them are related to lighting inside the unit:
- One overhead light in the master bedroom was burnt out, as was one of the bedside lamps. I did not tell the front desk nor ask for a repair as we were not in the bedroom much other than to sleep, so it was not a big deal.
- All of the light bulbs in our unit were compact flourescents, which I appreciate from a energy-savings perspective, but they were either old CFCs or of inferior quality as they seemed to take a few minutes to "heat up" and reach full brightness.
- The exhaust fan in the master WC was extremely LOUD and was on the same switch as the light, so you were forced to listen to the noise if you were using the toilet and wished to have the light turned on.
- The railing on the staircase has vertical bars that were spaced far enough apart that our two-year old's head and body could fully fit between them. This was especially worrisome b/c there is a small landing at the top of the stairs on the second floor, and if he were to slip through the bars he would fall down a story. We moved furniture to block access to this portion of the railing, but I am shocked this would be in compliance with AZ safety codes??? In any event, if you are travelling with very small children, please consider this safety concern and keep a watchful eye on your children if you stay in a similar two-story layout. I intend to write the property to ensure they are aware of this issue.

With the possible exception of the railing's safety, these are all very minor issues and again, I would highly recommend this property.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank SD_5_Js
Reviewed 8 January 2014

This is a beautiful resort in a great location in a safe neighborhood and everything is fine except the bath tub water is luke warm. The tub has jets which are useless if the water is lukewarm. Oddly the shower water is fine. The maintenance guys can't fix the bath water situation as they have been in to check it 3 times and it is still lukewarm.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank notjudgemental1
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I travel quite a bit. I do a lot of research ahead of time and I try to avoid any unnecessary inconveniences by planning ahead! I had read about the proximity to the road and sent an e-mail to the address on SCR's front page of their web site and never got a response. I specifically requested a room away from the road and the inevitable traffic noise. When we checked into the resort, go figure, we were placed in a room right near the road (as in less than 100 feet from a busy road and bus stop). I was not happy considering this is what I tried to avoid. The girl at the front desk told me that you could barely hear the traffic noise (absolutely not true) and assured us that is was at least a mountain view... it was not. We had a lovely view of a circuit breaker on a power line. We called back down to the front desk to see if there were any other rooms available and she confirmed that there were not, but based on how few cars were in the parking lot, I had a hard time believe this statement as well. We asked when the manager would next be on duty and we'd try to resolve the issue then. I came to Scottsdale to relax and being in a room so close to a busy road was not relaxing! Needless to say, it took 2 days of phone calls and visits to the front desk to get our room moved to the back of the property. It was a pain in the butt to have to pack everything up and move, but what a difference it made!
The villas themselves are very nice and include all of the amenities you would want in a home away from home. My only complaint were the twin beds in the second bedroom. My 6'2" father, who joined my husband and I on this vacation, felt a little restricted in such a tiny bed! Other than that, the fireplace in the unit was a very nice touch and we enjoyed the pool, jacuzzi, and walking trail. My other biggest complaint about the resort in general was the lack of free WiFi. This is simply unrealistic in this day in age. No, I do not sit in my room on the internet all day, but I certainly use it for figuring out where to go to dinner and what activities there are to do in the area. I also find it a little silly that they have an on-site movie theater that they charge for. Should that not be included, as well?
Again, I don't want to sound like it was a horrible place to stay. There's nothing they can do about the location now, but I believe there are some minor upgrades that can be made such as double-paned windows and doors (leading to the patio), free wifi throughout, a queen bed in the second bedroom, instead of 2 twins, and offering movies in the theater free of charge. (The girl at the front desk also told us that the windows and doors leading to the patio were double-paned, which they were not. We could literally feel air coming in from the crack between the two french doors, which also allowed the traffic noise to come right in!) I would recommend this resort ONLY if you were able to secure a room located on the back side of the property away from the road and with a true mountain view.

Room Tip: Absolutely request a room on the back side of the resort AWAY from the road.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple