“The Hilton Villa was everything you could want .”

Hilton Scottsdale Resort & Villas
Ranked #27 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed 14 June 2011

We stayed in a villa for a week and found that the villa had everything you could want. It had a complee kitchen with utensils, a washer and dryer, dining room table, and an outdoor patio and table. We had a two room villa and it was clearly the largest and best resort room that I have ever stayed at. We had use of both pools which which made the kids happy. If you want a great resort experience, stay in a villa.

Room Tip: The rates in June were very reasonable.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
doubletree1, General Manager at Hilton Scottsdale Resort & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2011

Thank you for selecting our resort and Villas for your one week visit to our area. We greatly appreciate your very positive review and ratings. We hope that you will be able to return again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,524)

Reviewed 13 June 2011

We were very happy with the Room, it was large, clean, and had everything we needed.

The hotel is getting a little old, but is still very nice.

The pool area is below average for Scottsdale. It is very small for the size of the hotel. They ran out of chairs and towels and took a very long time (over an hour) to come with new clean towels. It was quite obvious that there were a lot of "locals" using the pool that were not staying at the hotel, there was no security to prevent this as there are many ways to access the pool area from the parking areas without walking through the lobby. As one of the main reasons we came to AZ was to lay out, we were very disappointed with the pool at this hotel. We will definitely look into staying into the resorts in northern Scottsdale next time.

The shuttle service is horrible, we tried to use it on three different nights and they always came up with an excuse. So I wouldn't even consider that they have such a service.

The gym are is free to use which saves a little money, but that means it gets very busy. Also I would not plan on using any of the cardio if you are over 6ft tall, since they have the equipment placed under a low ceiling and you will be ducking the entire time.

There were also a lot of children running around, so it must be more popular for families.

The hotel isn't bad, it just wan't suitable for our needs as a couple looking to relax.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank I_LtDan_I
doubletree1, General Manager at Hilton Scottsdale Resort & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2011

Thank you for selecting our resort and for your feedback on your stay. We are excited about some upcoming renovations of our guest rooms, guest bathrooms and lobby over the slower summer months. We appreciate your compliments of your room, cleanliness, service and friendliness of staff. I apologize for the issues you experienced with the replentishment of the pool towels and the complimentary shuttle service. We have followed up with the staff responsible so that they do not reoccur. We have also followed up with our management and security teams to be more diligent in ensuring that the pool area is only for the enjoyment of our guests. In looking at the timeframe you were here, we did have a large youth group in house at the same time. I apologize that this impacted your stay. I do hope that you will give us another opportunity when your travels bring you back to our area to show you that these matters have been addressed and that we are suitable for your needs. Thank you.

Reviewed 12 June 2011

Immaculate, huge 2 bedroom ( one bedroom has 2 full-size beds) and master has a king. Living room has a sofa that pulls out to a bed as well. 2 huge bathrooms with oversized showers.

Kitchen has a washer and dryer which is so conveinent everything is new and updated. Villas has there own pool but you can also use the hotels pool all very clean!

We will be returning

• Stayed: June 2011
doubletree1, General Manager at Hilton Scottsdale Resort & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2011

Thank you for being with us and for this amazing review of your stay. We look forward to seeing you again when you can return to our sunny Scottsdale.

Reviewed 8 June 2011

We booked a pool-view room for our annual staycation in June. When I checked in, I asked for an upgrade, and they upgraded us to a two-bedroom villa!. I am a Hilton Honors gold member, so I was happy they were able to give us the upgrade. The villas are REALLY nicely upgraded. We had a full kitchen, dining room, large living room w/a fireplace, 2 bedrooms, and a nice patio area. The living room and bedrooms have flat-panel TV's, Bose stereo in the living room. The villas share their own little pool, and a BBQ area. Have stayed at many resorts in Scottsdale, and I can't say that this one is one of the nicest ones, but the villa made up for it. Within the Hilton chain, I think The Boulders is much nicer, as far as the scenery and views, but located further out. There are not many views to see from the Hilton, except part of Camelback Mountain. I think I would stay here again, only if I knew I was getting a villa. If you are going to stay here, ask for an upgrade, especially if you're an Honor's member. The rooms were very clean, and the service at the front desk and dining room were excellent. The grounds were well manicured. The location couldn't be in a better place-not far from shopping/restaurants and other popular places in Scottsdale.

Room Tip: If a Hilton Honors member, ask for an upgrade
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family

Thank you for selecting our resort for your staycation and for this very positive review. We also would like to thank you for your business and loyalty to our brand as a Gold Hilton Hhonors member. We are glad that you enjoyed our Villa product and the service and cleanliness of our resort. We do hope that you will return again very soon.

Reviewed 7 June 2011

Stayed 6 nights in a nice first floor Pool side room. The entire hotel is non-smoking, which was a plus for us. The room was an average size, the bathroom was on the smaller side, but nicely equipped with everything needed, even a scale! The room overlooked the pool and provided a couple of chairs outside. The patios are not enclosed, it's one big garden area. It would have been really perfect if the hotel provided long chairs, to have breakfast on the patio.
The pool side was a bit busy (quite a few kids) during the first few days (Memorial day weekend), then got a lot quieter. Nice pool setting, though I wish it had been a bit bigger (I am an avid swimmer) and a few more umbrellas would have been great! The hotel is centrally located on Scottsdale road, 5 minutes away from Fashion Square, downtown Scottsdale. Very convenient. And so close to quite a few hiking trails.
As we were budget conscious, we were hoping to eat in our room at times. We asked for a fridge and they brought us a mid-size one, which was very useful. The staff was friendly. We also wanted to hike on the various surroundings mountains (Camelback, Squaw Peak) and one of the bell boy knew all the great places to go to. We had dinner once at their main restaurant and their food was pretty good. Had a nice and fresh salad and my friend had a ahi salad, which was delicious. Overall a solid experience for a decent price. We were very happy with our vacation!!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
doubletree1, General Manager at Hilton Scottsdale Resort & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2011

Thank you for selecting our resort for your vacation and for this very positive review of our property and staff. We are pleased that you were able to enjoy the room, food, pool and service of our resort and a number of the many activities available in sunny Scottsdale. I do hope that you will return to our hotel when your travel plans bring you back to our area. Thank you.

Reviewed 27 May 2011

The resort met all of our expectations. The adults, without children stayed in the hotel and we all agreed that the rooms were clean and spacious. The families stayed in the villas that were clean and beautifully furnished; it was perfect for our young grandchildren. The staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. The grounds and pools were well maintained and the dining experience was also very positive. All in all this resort helped make our family reunion an experience that we will never forget.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
doubletree1, General Manager at Hilton Scottsdale Resort & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2011

Thank you for selecting us for your family reunion and for this OUTSTANDING review of our resort and staff! It is great to be a part of such an important and memorable family event. We do hope that your travels will bring you back to our area and that you will relive those positive experiences once again at our resort.

Reviewed 7 May 2011

When I booked this hotel, I knew it was not within walking distance of downtown Scottsdale. However, I read that they offer a shuttle service. I even called the hotel to confirm. I was told that they had a van that makes trips between the hotel and downtown Scottsdale. However, when I arrived at the hotel, I soon learned that the workers do not really want to operate the shuttle. We were only able to use it one time. The other times we asked, we were refused rides because they were too busy with valet parking for the restaurant. Instead, they offered to call a car service for us. It is approximately a $30 roundtrip ride in the car service (before tip) from the hotel to downtown Scottsdale. The hotel itself was nice. I enjoyed the pool area. However, if I would have paid more to stay at a hotel in downtown Scottsdale, it would have been less frustrating. The higher price for downtown hotels is offset by the high price to keep using the car service from the "cheaper" hotel.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
doubletree1, General Manager at Hilton Scottsdale Resort & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2011

Thank you for selecting our resort for your stay. I apologize for the issues you experienced with our transportation services. The resort is only a couple miles of the Fashion Square mall and Old Town Scottsdale. We do provide complimentary transportation in a three mile radius that will easily accommodate that area. I appreciate you informing us that some of our staff did not properly provide this service to you and the matter was immediately addressed with those involved. This service is to run on a schedule and not to be compromised by valet service or any other conflicts. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention so that it can be quickly addressed. I do hope that you will give us another opportunity to do better.