Hilton Scottsdale Resort & Villas
US$135
  • Pool
La Quinta Inn & Suites Phoenix Scottsdale(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
US$113
Hyatt Place Scottsdale/Old Town(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
US$159
US$142
US$179
  • Pool
The Scottsdale Resort at McCormick Ranch(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
US$251
US$205
US$164
3 Palms Hotel(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$404
US$386
Travelocity
1,587 results
All reviewstwo bedroom villascottsdale resortthe main hotelpool barprivate patiofull kitchenbusiness centerfront desk staffwasher and dryerking bednice propertymain poolshuttle serviceold townspring trainingfitness centerflemings
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 March 2009

Booked hotel on Hotwire, as I have many other hotels. I have always been offered a king bed in lieu of 2 double or 2 queen beds for no additional cost (Hyatt, Westin...). HIlton apparently considers it an upgrade to sleep in a king bed and wanted $20 more when we called ahead to request a king bed. Hotwire specifically says to call ahead to request a bed choice. However, there is no choice for your agreed to price, since only one option is available. I have read their comment to the gentleman who booked his trip on Priceline and had the same experience. IF A KING BED IS AN UPGRADE AT A HILTON, then I WILL STAY AT A HYATT OR WESTIN IN MY FUTURE. They have never nickel and dimed me when I have booked through Hotwire.

Personally, I will never stay at a Hilton again! I would hope that some people who are thinking of staying at this hotel will choose another hotel because of my experience.

I realize that the $20 is not much money per night, but it is the principle that neither the Hilton nor Hotwire can meet the terms of my purchase by offering a choice, which I was guaranteed in writitng on the website.

Hilton said that this a frequent complaint that they receive from Hotwire and Priceline guests....Why they would want to alienate a large part of their market is absurd to me.

Hopefully, this review is helpful....

1  Thank incompletebt
HiltonScottsdale, Manager at Hilton Scottsdale Resort & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2009

The terms of the purchase was to provide a room at a 4-Diamond property at the bidding price of the guest, which was meet.

Online bidding is a blind process in which a specific price is being shopped for, not a specific hotel or room type. Choosing to book a specific hotel brand is not an option during the bidding process.

If room type carries high importance, booking with the hotel directly will guarantee you a specific room type if desired, although it will most likely carry a higher rate vs. online bidding.

Most of our king inventory at our specific property is upgraded poolside or poolview and available at a higher rate if not sold out.

This would be the case regardless if we were a Hyatt, Westin, Marriott, etc...

Reviewed 21 March 2009

This was the worst hotel that I have ever stayed at. When we arrived at the hotel, from the airport (at about 12:30am), we gave them our reservation number and we were told that they over booked so they would send us to another hotel, down the way, and compensate for our nights stay. They tell us that the other hotel is expecting us and their rooms are just as nice as theirs. We get to the next hotel and they TOO are overbooked and try and find us a hotel with two rooms. At this point, its 1:30am and we have been traveling all day. They FINALLY find a hotel for us to stay at and make us pay for our stay there. The next day, we went to our original hotel and they told us that they weren't going to be able to compensate for our troubles. After several phone calls, and talking with the manager, they FINALLY agreed to compensate for one night and give us a free breakfast the next morning. As soon as we thought all was well, it got worse. That night, there was a salsa congress conference and they played loud, blaring music, until 3:00am. They did this for two nights! Although they did compensate for the night and the free breakfast, they had horrible customer service and acted as if it was our fault they overbooked the hotel. I would NEVER recommend this hotel to anyone. If you're looking for a good hotel, go the CAMELBACK INN, A JW MARRIOTT, RESORT AND SPA. The room rates are the same and it is a much nicer and INCREDIBLE hotel.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank jtraveler07
Reviewed 11 March 2009

Just returned from a Spring Training jaunt. Hotel was very well located with plenty of dining/shopping options nearby.It's just the right size @ 250 or so rooms. Staff was friendly and professional and the place was impeccably landscaped. Particularly inviting was the huge courtyard with pool, hot tub and fun outdoor bar and grill. Business center was free and included 3 internet terminal pc's and 2 printers-very handy.

The only negative: as others have pointed out, the walls are painfully thin and you can very clearly hear what's going on in the hallway and in the 2 or 3 rooms surrounding yours. Short of tearing down and rebuilding - there's no fix for this.

I can see that if you had small children, noisy dogs or simply inconsiderate people for neighbors, it could a real vacation buster. Thankfully that wasn't the case for us this trip. As a plus the windows actually open and have a screen. So you get fresh cool desert air and "white noise" to help filter any interior noise you might encounter.

2  Thank gammon06
Reviewed 7 March 2009

I was a little nervous after reading the written reviews. The front desk personnel were very pleasant upon checkin. The rooms were clean and spacious. We particularly enjoyed the pool area with full service bar. In the afternoon an employee spoiled everyone poolside with chocolate chip cookies and fruit tarts (what a treat!). The chaise lounges were extremely comfortable with plenty of towels and lemon ice water on hand. This hotel definitely lives up to the Hilton motto. I would definitely stay again!

Stayed: February 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank bnj1999
Reviewed 3 March 2009

I was a little nervous because this hotel wasn't that high in the Scottsdale rankings. However, we had a wonderful time here. We checked in (I'm a hilton honors member) and we actually got a suite! It was fantastic and quite a surprise. Every hotel staff person I talked to was pleasant and very helpful. We had the bed and breakfast package, so we had breakfast every morning at the hotel. There are so many restaurants in the immediate area that we were happy with the location. We had dinner one night at the Fleming's that is connected to the Hilton and it was fantastic. The pool is really nice and we worked out every day in the gym. I thought it was a great hotel and we didn't want to leave.