“Great Deal”

Hilton Scottsdale Resort & Villas
Ranked #28 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed 2 May 2009

We had a great deal. Room was very clean. Staff.. very cheerful. Beds very comfortable. Shower was great as well.

One issue was the 9.95 per day for wi fi access.. come one.. what is up with that? So, I just used the free computers in the Business center.. or took the laptop there and they have a free connection for it.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with friends
Thank mr.jimcat

Reviewed 2 May 2009

Stayed here one night on a business trip, and while the room was clean and comfortable, the furnishings were nothing special, the bathrooms were small and low-ceilinged, and the walls were very thin.

On the plus side, we called ahead to let them know we'd be arriving early and were hoping for an early check-in, and they were able to accommodate us. The hotel "ambassador" was also a pleasure to speak with and it seemed important to him that we were happy with our stay.

The breakfast buffet was reasonably nice -- a good selection of all types of fare. I have no idea if it was a good deal, as a colleague handled the bill.

I don't have any complaints with the property, but it just wasn't special enough to say I'd recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 April 2009

This is a nice property, but with a few glitches. Service was excellent from doormen, concierge and front desk staff. Some meals in dining room were great (loved the mini grilled cheese sandwiches) but unfortunately I experienced some very bad food service. Specifically, one morning I was seated for breakfast and served coffee, and even though servers were milling around no one took my order; I paid for my coffee and left. One afternoon, I ordered calamari and was served a dip with hair in it. Food at Fleming's was excellent; watch for their happy hour from 5-7 for great bargains on drinks and meals.

Maid service was off-and-on. One morning the maid turned my thermostat down to 60 degrees F, and threw out papers I had left on the extra bed. Overall though, the room was kept clean and tidy. The bathroom is small, as previous reviewers have mentioned. The closet has lots of hangars which is a nice touch. My major complaint with the room is the noise. Walls are VERY thin -- I could hear the neighbour talking on the phone. Also, my room was on the top floor and there was a lot of roof noise ... not sure if it was birds running across the roof or if it was mechanical equipment, but the noise kept me up most nights. Another nice touch is that the windows open. If I had to stay at this hotel again, I would get a room on the main floor; they have garden doors that open onto a patio area that overlooks the pool.

The pool is very nice -- small but clean -- and the lounge chairs are plentiful and comfortable.

Be prepared to pay approximately $30 per day extra in taxes and the resort fee (that covers fitness centre usage and Internet access). This is added to your final bill.

Overall, this is a nice property, but I would not go back because of the noise and the problems I had with the dining room.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
HiltonScottsdale, Manager at Hilton Scottsdale Resort & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2009

Our Resort Value Package that includes the internet and fitness center is an optional charge and is only applied to guests who use these amenities.

Reviewed 26 April 2009

Stayed April 17-20 2009 and would return. Great priceline value. Great location, room was updated but still old style with small shower and bathroom. Noise some issue but not significant. Elevators are a far walk from back.Did not get a kingsize on second stay. Flemming restaurant is good but not great and expensive. Trader Joes annd AJ Fine food grocer across street. Alberston about 1 mile down Indian Bend /Hayden. Did not use health center, did have masssage at Dolce spa across street and would return. Quilted Bear a nice value breakfast across street.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 April 2009

When we arrived at 1pm, we are unable to check in.. The frontdesk is not friendly and just said to us "Our checkin is at 4pm". So we hang around 2 hours and finally got out room. The reason that they gave is the hotel was full and everyone is not checking out.
YEAH RIGHT. I would leave in a minute if I knew what was coming.
If you saw the last review , YES, the roof seem like someone walking on it, cracking sound from times to times.
There is no vending machine to buy drinks except minibar, guess what $3.5 for a soda plus tax plus another 20% room service fees and the total $5 for a coke. RIP OFF.
The breakfast is alright and if you did not read your bill rather than just pay up. READ. They charged you 20% TIPS mandatory even if you are alone.
We got screwed, we already top them 15% and 20% hidden, thats 35%.
When we brought this to the frontdesk attentions, guess what they said its normal and every hotel around here by HILTON will do the same.
I GUESS WE WILL AVOID IT next time. I am a Hilton gold and I totally will not be back to this hotel.
SPA and RESORT is overrated. There is no way close to a spa or a resort like other other.More like a 3 stars hotel. For those who have not been to a nice resort, maybe they will feel its special.
The only thing I will compliment is the housekeeping. They clean up the room nice and tide and arrange your stuffs neatly. Thats a plus.
Other than that, I got no special memories for this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
3  Thank jt93664
Reviewed 5 April 2009

I used to think that Hilton Hotels were the only way to go until we stayed at the Hilton Scottsdale Resort in Scottsdale, Arizona. We were there for Spring Training. Our room was nice, the valets were great and the service in the restaurant was wonderful. We had planned on staying for a week but left after only two nights. First night strange sounds coming from the roof. Our room was located on the top floor. It sounded like someone was walking on the roof all night. There was a crying baby in the room next door...all night long. After a very restless and sleepless night we checked with the front desk the following morning to see about changing rooms.
We were informed from the front desk that the family with the crying baby were checking out. The next night at 11:pm in the room on the other side of us, you guessed it a new family that must have felt that the only way for a baby to fall asleep was to let it cry and cry and cry. You guessed it all night long again.
The management said that there was nothing that could be done for a crying baby that cried all night long. We disagree. When we were waiting to check out we over heard another couple talking about how much they disliked the hotel and would never be back.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ATravelingWeWillGo
Reviewed 2 April 2009

Was a tad concerned when Priceline bid came back with this Hilton Hotel after reading some negative reviews here and other travel review sites.
Upon my four day stay I had no problems with this Hilton Hotel at all.
It is not a 4 stars but a solid 3-1/4 in my opinion.
Hotel is located north of Old Town and Fashion Square Mall, but has a bunch of restaurants and bars in Hilton Village and across Scottsdale Rd.
Hotel property is very well kept, clean and landscaped, every morning they where cleaning all the public access areas.
A good size pool was relaxing, pool cabana was great with reasonable prices for beverages.
Room was on second floor of a two story layout, over-looking the back parking lot.
Basic double room, comfortable beds and everything was cleaned and replaced daily.
Hotel Restaurants, I did not try, BUT a Flemings Steakhouse is sharing occupancy with the hotel.... "DO NOT" go there, food was mediocre at best and terrible overpriced!!!!
Daily Wi-Fi access is $9.95 and you pay as you go.
I don't think I would pay the full price rate on the Hilton website to stay here again, but If my under $100.00 bid is accepted, I would be secure in returning to this Hilton hotel.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled solo