“Not impressed....for Hilton Resort.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Scottsdale Resort & Villas

Hilton Scottsdale Resort & Villas
Ranked #27 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Sahuarita
“Not impressed....for Hilton Resort.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2010

We stayed here over the memorial weekend just to hang out by the pool and get out of town with the kids. From the outside the hotel looks very nice. The rooms were nice but small with full size beds that felt like they were twin size beds. The bathrooms were even smaller. The pool area was nice and we enjoyed that and there is an outside bar which was great to hang out and watch the NBA finals. We did get the room via price-line for a great price so it was ok.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
doubletree1, General Manager at Hilton Scottsdale Resort & Villas, responded to this review, 17 June 2010
Thank you for selecting our resort to spend a family holiday weekend. We are glad you enjoyed the outdoors at our pool and the Oasis Pool Bar. Our two-bedded rooms do consist of two double beds, however if you found it too tight for the family, you might try one of our Villas, which offer two bedrooms (one with a King bed and one with two Queen beds), each with their own bathroom, a full kitchen, laundry, dining and living rooms. The Villas even have their own pool and Oasis Pool Bar, exclusively for Villa guests. Very impressive indeed!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
Pensacola, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2010

I stayed in the Scottsdale Hilton for 4 nights. The staff were friendly and pleasant, the hotel was attractive, and the room was nice. The hotel was conveniently located across from several trendy restaurants, and was a short drive from all the attractions in Scottsdale. I had breakfast every morning at the Hilton restaurant, and it was great. My only complaint was the noise - the room was not very sound proof. The first three nights, I was awakened by slamming doors of adjacent rooms. The last night, I think they were filming a movie next door to me at 2:00 AM, or maybe it was a worship service, because they seemed to be calling out to God alot:) To be fair, I didn't complain the first three nights and didn't try to get a different, more quiet room, so there may be other rooms that are not as noisy.

Overally, I liked the hotel, but I would have liked it better if it were a little less noisy.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
doubletree1, General Manager at Hilton Scottsdale Resort & Villas, responded to this review, 1 June 2010
Thank you for selecting our resort for your visit to Scottsdale and for this very positive review. I apologize that those next to you were so loud in the middle of the night. Next time, please let our front desk or security know and they will immediately address it with the other guests involved so that they no longer impact your sleep or enjoyment of our property. I do hope that you will come visit our area again and that you will once again select our resort as your home in Scottsdale.
Hartland, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2010

The hotel is really located in the middle of the city; I had expected it to have more land surrounding it seeing that they refer to it as a resort. However, the accomendations and the service are definitely the caliber of a resort. The hotel is spotless and the rooms are very spacious. The staff is friendly and very accomodating. We were there for leisure however there is also a large meeting center - this would be a nice hotel to have to attend a conference. We only had drinks and appetizers but the food was surprisingly good. My expectations for bar food in a hotel is not very high. My only problem was withthe internet - I could not get a good connection. But I would defintely go back to this hotel.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
doubletree1, General Manager at Hilton Scottsdale Resort & Villas, responded to this review, 14 May 2010
Thank you for selecting our resort and for this very positive review. We look forward to being of service to you again on your return trip to beautiful Scottsdale.
Reno, Nevada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2010

My boyfriend and I went to this hotel for a weekend in the heat. Upon arrival after flying for several hours. We booked our reservation on line, when we arrived at the hotel,although we paid for the king size room, they gave us a room with two full size beds. We looked at our paperwork which stated a king size room and the VERY RUDE front desk guy said it was a standard because we didnt request a king bed and they were sold out of kings. So we called hotels.com and asked to be switched to a new hotel. The hotel, then magically Found us king size room. The hotel itself was clean and nice, but service not good at all. Also, i went to the spa one day and ran on the treadmill. They charged our room a $15 fitness fee for using the gym and a $18 spa service charge on top of what i already paid for the massage!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
      Cleanliness
doubletree1, Area General Manager at Hilton Scottsdale Resort & Villas, responded to this review, 21 April 2010
Thank you for selecting our resort and for this feedback. I apologize that you did not initially get the room type you had requested and had to go through so much to finally get a king bed. Of course, rudeness only made the matter worse and will be addressed with our staff. Although we do have signage that does notify guests of these specific charges, our staff should have done a better job in making sure you were aware and agreed to them. Thank you again for your comments, which we have reviewed with staff to enhance our service and how such situations should be handled in the future.
Venice, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2010

This Hilton is getting on in years I am afraid. It is fine but exudes a certain early 90's feel. It could use an update but it is fine.
The lobby has a touch of ellegance about it and most of the staff are professional and eager to please.
The rooms are dated but comfortable I guess. The sound roofing is not up to today's standards. The rooms lack adequate elecrical outlets and are marginally ok for work.
Flemings is a good steak house and is popular. It is a real plus for this property and is what makes the hotel a good bet for the business travler.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
doubletree1, Area General Manager at Hilton Scottsdale Resort & Villas, responded to this review, 7 March 2010
Thank for selecting our resort and for your review recommendation for business travelers. Our goal is to be more than just OK or even OK+, with the primary driver being the hospitality and service of our team members. We apologize that you found some areas dated and look forward to further renovations coming later this year. We hope for a future opportunity to "WOW" you with our staff, service and facilities.
Vancouver
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2010

We stayed in two different large rooms. We could hear the people talking in normal voices in the adjacent rooms, which seems to have resulted from the adjoining doors which were in both our rooms. The rooms were otherwise clean and comfortable. We should not have had to change rooms, the second room we had (which met our initial requirements) was in fact available from the start of our stay.

The big problem was smokers. The outdoor bar is designated a "smokers' oasis", but smoking is permitted everywhere outside. This included cigar and cigarette smoking around the pool, which you could not avoid no matter where you sat, and in our case cigar smoking on a patio under our room, which forced us to keep our windows closed despite the nice weather. I suggest this hotel restrict the smoking areas, and eliminate the adjoining room doors.

The internet service was poor - difficult to get on and stay on the net, and there was a charge.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
doubletree1, Area General Manager at Hilton Scottsdale Resort & Villas, responded to this review, 26 February 2010
Thank you for being our recent guest and for your feedback in this review. We apologize that the smoking of other guests impacted your enjoyment of our resort. Although it has not been an ongoing issue before, we agree that we cannot allow it to become one. We are discussing the matter within my management team and will revise our policies and smoking areas to further limit this impact. We are also inspecting our guest room adjoining doors to replace/repair any seals and/or looking at other options to improve their sound proofing. Again, we thank you for your comments and insights on how we can make our resort even better.
Boston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2010

I have been a frequent guest to the Hilton Scottsdale Resort & Villas for about 11 months now - every week on business. We have had options to go to other area hotels - but the Hilton service has been exceptional and the sales team gave us a great rate so my colleague and I have stayed on.
The rooms are spacious and clean. The bathroom is a bit on the tiny side - but the towels are fluffy and the Crabtree and Evelyn products are nice. Water pressure is decent but I will admit sometimes the hot water is not so hot.
The bed is perfect to my liking with a down comforter and soft pillows. Extra pillows and a blanket are in the closet. The lights have dimmers on them and as a Diamond member I am lucky to receive turndown service. After an extremely long day in the office –coming back to a softly lit room, with jazz on the radio and a fresh bucket of ice with water – not to mention the chocolate on my pillow is such a treat. The housekeeping staff is so nice and they do a great job.
The front desk staff is wonderful, courteous and friendly. The bell men are prompt to open the door for you and welcome you with a smile. Upon your arrival if you are greeted by Eric (Front Desk Manager) and Chris you are very lucky and will be treated well. They have become my constant every Monday night when I arrive and I must admit on a rare occasion I get a little sad if someone else is behind the desk although everyone is so nice. Eric and Chris always go above and beyond to ensure my stay is great. They remember my likes and dislikes and always ensure that I have everything I need. This is so important when you are on the road away from home as much as I am. It’s the people and experience your remember more so than the room.
Room service has many good options and is always prompt. Complimentary Continental Breakfast is nice. The coffee station in the room could be a bit nicer – it brews Lavazza Coffee one cup at a time. But during the high season I notice they offer complimentary coffee in the lobby in the mornings. Oh and there are fresh baked cookies at night!
There is a charge for High Speed Wireless Internet unless you are a Hilton Honors gold/VIP member. From my experience - wireless is not very strong on the 2nd floor – so if you plan on working or cruising the internet – you might want to keep that in mind. As a business traveler – I have used the business center which is well equipped – and no extra charge to print etc. -always a plus.
The pool looks great and there is a poolside bar – wish I stayed more weekends to experience all the features the resort has to offer.

Pros – Clean, Spacious Rooms, comfortable heavenly bed and most important courteous and amazing staff
Cons – Small bathroom, no outlets by bedside to plug in cellphone

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank nikatay
doubletree1, Area General Manager at Hilton Scottsdale Resort & Villas, responded to this review, 17 February 2010
Thank you very much for being a loyal guest to the Hilton Brand and our resort. Those who stay with us frequently really get to know our operation and staff, seeing us when we are at our best and at challenging times as well. This fact, as well as your status as a Hilton HHonors Diamond member, make your comments even that much more meaningful. Thank you again for this positive review and for your business and loyalty. We will make sure the departments and team members you mention are properly recognized for a job well done.