“Awesome! resort like: Best Family Value! Child friendly”

Days Inn & Suites Scottsdale North
Ranked #35 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Dresden
“Awesome! resort like: Best Family Value! Child friendly”
Reviewed 25 December 2013

We love this motel! Where do I begin? Truly clean, friendly, spacious over-sized rooms awesome front desk and housekeeping staff, Excellent large dining room with high quality hot breakfast. The price was low, low, low and a super best value. This hotel treats guests like royalty and many guests return year after year. Thoughtful extras like games in the lobby and breakfast area, Christmas wrap was available for the holidays which was a lifesaver as I had last minute gifts.

The outdoor heated pool is very large to 8 feet deep/ kiddie pool and hot tub, green areas. The immediate area is very safe for the Phoenix metro area! Large open areas across from the hotel include green zones at Salt River Fields a short walk away.

I highly recommend this place for your next family vacation... We even enjoyed the bicycles and bicycle helmets the hotel provided us, take the children walking, swimming, restaurants about 3/4 mile on E. Indian Bend Road. Barbeque grill and exercise room available. You can even walk to Denny's which has children eat free nights on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I will reserve this one year after year so good luck getting my suite!

Room Tip: All rooms are good rooms and private patios are a plus.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn & Suites Scottsdale North, responded to this review, 26 December 2013
Dear newadvisor1,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments about your many visits with us. I am so glad you know you can count on us for a enjoyable stay. It’s guests like you that make our jobs of providing the best in service, accommodations, amenities and facilities very rewarding. We really appreciate your compliments and look forward to serving you and your family here many more times.

Ken Jacobs
Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 24 December 2013

This was the first and last time I stay at a Days Inn hotel. I chose to stay at Days Inn after a company Christmas party at Salt River Fields. I was denied checking in originally because I am not "21". Yes, this is an understandable policy. Did it state anywhere on my confirmation that I needed to be 21 to check in? Of course not. After all, the room had already been paid for. After a waiting game, I finally re approached the desk and asked if there was any way possible I could be checked in. The response from the general manager, "We were just waiting for you to get off your phone" oh. okay.

Finally, I was allowed to check into my room. Immediately upon arrival of the room, I was welcomed to dirty towels on the floor, un made beds and beer still in the trash. Lovely. So, I called the front desk. I was put on hold for a few minutes and then was told to come back to the front.
The general manager apologized and then stated, "we're just going to double check if it was checked off as clean" almost as if, I was lying? My guest and I waited a few more moments while the staff scrambled to accommodate us.

The next room was clean. The beds were comfortable. I was hoping that my nightmare with Days Inn would have ended after I left the property.

I'm checking my bank account and see a charge from Days Inn. I know it wasn't the initial charge for the hotel because I paid with a separate card. I called and was told that "upon arrival there was no payment received and we just charged your card" I find that very odd seeing as I paid through the Days Inn website? Also, thank you for informing me that you decided to charge my card against my knowledge.

Thank you Days Inn for initially ruining the day of my company event and now ruining my holidays.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Alexis R
Jennifer F, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Scottsdale North, responded to this review, 25 December 2013
Dear Alexis R,
I am truly sorry for the issues you experienced during your stay. Our intention was not to make you uncomfortable or inconvenience you. I am looking into the double charge issue and show only one charge in our system. I would love the opportunity to speak to you personally so this can be corrected as quickly as possible. Please contact me directly at your convenience.
My sincerest apologies,