“Great getaway”

Fairmont Scottsdale Princess
Ranked #15 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed 18 August 2011

Nice hotel & property. Lots of good restaurants on site so we did feel the need to leave the property. Several very nice pools and plenty of seating. The staff was very nice too.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (3,430)

Reviewed 16 August 2011

My family has stayed here numerous times, and in fact I have reviewed this hotel previously on this site. Usually we are here either for my husband's business meetings or for a family vacation. This past weekend brought me here with my oldest son and sister in law with the purpose of taking my son to ASU for the beginning of his freshman year. We arrived on a friday with a reservation for the entire weekend. It was hot hot hot!! 107 during the day, and 97 at night. But here is the point of the review; the day we were to take michael to school, I went down to the lobby and asked Samantha at the front desk to remove my son's roll-a-way before I returned from dropping him off, as I was, as a mom, feeling a bit emotional over sending him to college. She not only was happy to remove the roll-a-way but offered to move me to another room. She then went on to explain that she was a former student body president of ASU and went on to reassure me that my child would be well cared for. She gave me driving directions to Tempe and offered several tips that proved to be really valuable during his move in experience,. I left for ASU feeling so much better. Then, upon my arrival back to my room that night, I discovered in my room a chilled bottle of champagne, chocolate dipped strawberries decorated to look like ASU Sundevils, and a wonderful hand written card wishing my son luck at ASU, acknowledging the occasion and congratulating me for being so "brave.", signed by "Samantha at the front desk....oh, and GO Sun Devils!" OK, WHO does that???? Samantha really came to my aide when I felt pretty vulnerable and went on to make me smile upon my return. She is the kind of staff this hotel hires to extend to its guests the utmost in hospitality. Many thanks, Samantha!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: My best advice is to be courteous, kind and respectful,and treat staff as you would like to be treat...
1  Thank cradlemom
FairmontScottsdale, Manager at Fairmont Scottsdale Princess, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of your family's recent stay with us. We are so happy to hear that our team exceeded your expectations and that you had a great service experience with us.

We wish your son the very best at ASU and hope that you'll have the chance to visit us (and him!) often.

Kind Regards,
Catherine Spear - Communications Manager

Reviewed 12 August 2011

Just returned yesterday from the Fairmont in Scottsdale. Stayed for five nights with my husband and two boys aged 12 and 14. We were nervous about the heat but the fairmont has wonderful pools that kept us cool. My husband and I were looking for a relaxing few days at a hotel where the kids would have fun! The Fairmont certainly provided us with that. We rented the 850 sq foot casita suite. Perfect for the four of us. The separate living room provided wonderful privacy away from the boys when we needed it. The basketball, pools, teen hang out were great to keep our boys entertained. Check in was smooth, as was our stay. We will return ..

1  Thank lorocat
Reviewed 12 August 2011

Beautiful hotel. Quiet hotel. Has four to five restaurants. Close to upscale shopping and great restaurants. Had a wonderful, relaxed stay.

Room Tip: Had a room with the garden view. Nice and peaceful.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank adamsyn
Reviewed 11 August 2011

Came here with hubby and some friends for MLB spring training and to enjoy some relaxing/pampering.

Room was great -- comfortable bed, great bathroom with soaking tub and standalone shower. Lots of closet space. Large balcony. Oddly shaped room but that made it seem more spacious I think.

Pools were fabulous! The main pool was busy, but even when it was packed it didn't seem overly crowded. Comfy pool lounge chairs and the food and drinks ordered from the pool servers was great. Nice, big hottub for sunset dips. The waterslide pool had more kids of course, but us grownups definitely had fun on the big slides!

We hung out at Stone Rose outdoor bar/lounge every night -- loved the fire pits. Drinks were good, kind of pricey but we're from LA so if you're used to those prices or Vegas prices, they're normal. Great atmosphere. The restaurant/lounge next to Stone Rose was half inside/half outside and had pool tables and darts too if I remember correctly.

The best part was the spa!!! I think this was the best spa I have ever been to. I had a massage and it was heavenly. There was a co-ed waterfall pool thing which was awesome, felt like a back massage standing under it. Sauna, steam room, aromatherapy room, and jacuzzi were separate. There were cold towels soaking in ice and rose petals for when you got out of sauna and steam room. The rooftop is a pool with lounge chairs and cabanas and awesome views. Spent a couple hours up there and would have spent longer had I known this was an alternative to laying out by the other pools. The snack area had fruit, teas, and "healthy" cookies. All delicious. Even if you don't get a treatment I think you can use the facilities for around $30 and I highly recommend you take advantage of this!

Definitely somewhere to go if you're looking to relax, recharge, enjoy some downtime, and just spoil yourself.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
FairmontScottsdale, Manager at Fairmont Scottsdale Princess, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your great review of your stay with us. We're so pleased that you were able to enjoy your time at the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess so much and that you spent some quality relaxation time at Willow Stream Spa. You will definitely have to come back soon and experience our menu of services as well as our new menu at the Rooftop QUENCH pool!

Thank you again for your comments, we look forward to your return.

Kind Regards,
Catherine Spear - Communications Manager

Reviewed 11 August 2011

The Fairmont Princess is a lovely resort with very helpful staff. We stayed in the Gold section whcih gave us our own concierge, lounge and breakfast each morning as well as access to the spa. We had a 2 rooms, one with queen beds, the other with a large sectional, 2 large flatscreens and a spacious bathroom and patio. The Gold club also gave us access to the spa. The extra room and breakfast were great, but the spa was ok-it is beautiful, but we really didn't use it too much. My kids (18yrs) and husband only went once. Peaceful, but not exceptional. Waterfall was nice. Spa pool quiet but very small. No discount on services...my pedicure (which was on special) was $99 with tip.
The hotel is a bit dated. The pools are nice, but in August they are too warm...newer pools have better water temp. control. Restaurant at pool could definitely improve menu and drink options.

Room Tip: Best $ deal is to book regular room and upgrade to Gold. Join Presidents Club (no cost) ahead of tim...
Reviewed 10 August 2011

As a family party of 5 we recently stayed for 3 nights in 2 separate rooms.
Despite requesting adjoining rooms 6 months in advance or at least rooms that were close to one another, the hotel good not accommodate our request .
That minor hiccup aside, the rooms are nicely furnished, spacious and with well appointed bath & shower room.
The only drawback was that both rooms were located adjoining a tiled walkway that every night and every morning (usually very early) came alive with the clitter clatter of luggage being wheeled across the floor.
It was akin to sleeping in the open at a railway station!
So my advice would be to seek a room that is inside the property, close to a carpeted corridor (sorry Fairmont!)
That aside, the grounds of the property are beautiful and the options of different swimming pools is ideal for families and couples alike.
Overall we enjoyed our visit but having stayed in Paradise Valley several times before, there are probably better hotel options that give better value for your money.
One final piece of feedback, servers around the pool please note, it’s not necessary to ask every 10 minutes whether I’m doing ok or whether I need anything from the bar.

3  Thank RJM1