“Perfect Getaway”

Fairmont Scottsdale Princess
Ranked #16 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed 22 November 2013

my girlfriend and I don't get to travel very often so when we do we like to stay at premium resorts. The Fairmont definitely did not disappoint! The grounds are very nice - reminded me of a few resorts I stayed at in Hawaii and Mexico. Both pools have cusioned lounge chairs and a few bars with wait staff walking the pools. The restaurants and bars have great food and drinks were mixed perfectly. The staff here is down to earth and very accomodating unlike other resorts of similar price range where they walk around like robots with no personality.
I can't wait to return again!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Fairmont Scottsdale Princess

Reviewed 20 November 2013

Booked a quick weekend to visit the greater Phoenix area and take in a football game in Glendale.

Hotel had the feel of a large "convention" location . Nice but not exactly personal or intimate.
Restaurants on the properties we visited were quite good and service was excellent .

The Spa was really nice

Next time will try something a title closer to Old town Scottsdale

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 November 2013

This hotel far exceeded our expectations. The grounds were absolutely beautiful. We chose the Fairmont Gold Package and it was well worth it. The staff really added to our overall experience. Tim from the Fairmont Gold Lounge was a particular standout staff member for us!! It is not often that you meet someone who truly loves and takes pride in his job. My husband and I both were so impressed with his motivation and enthusiastic personality, it was inspiring to hear his story! We wish you the best of luck, you are an asset to Fairmont for sure. Thank you to all staff for a wonderful stay, we will be back!

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We just got back from a week away at the Fairmont Scottsdale. Prior to leaving on our trip, I scanned the TA reviews and actually felt a little nervous about the resort quality. There was a lot of comments around the "aging property" and "overpriced services" - all of which lead to concerns on our end.

We are well traveled and only stay at 4 and, when available, 5 star properties. So, I feel that we have discerning taste and high expectations of the properties we visit. I find that after a while, the decor, room layouts, property amenities, etc - blend into each other and often it is service, more than anything, that sets properties apart.

With that said...I am writing this review to let travelers know that this is an absolutely exquisite property with some of the BEST staff and facilities I have encountered in years. In fact, while on site, I even went as far as to inquire about whether they had an extensive hiring process because every staff person we came into contact with got better and better. Sure enough, I was told the process was 10 layers deep...no surprise when you experience the results.

As some of the other reviews indicate, I would agree with the Gold Upgrade. I'm not sure of the price difference but the Gold services make it worthwhile...whatever the upgrade cost may be. The Gold Upgrade entitles you to daily use of the 44,000 square foot spa - which will end up being your home away from home. The spa is a topic in and of itself...waterfalls, hot & cold pools, steam and sauna, yoga & fitness, and on and on. I participated in an amazing spa treatment package and left wondering how any other spa experience could possibly top it?

Beyond the Spa inclusions with the Gold upgrade, you also get access to the Gold lounge - where you will meet some of the highest caliber staff on property (including the famous Marty, mentioned in other reviews :) This lounge offers a variety of perks - from complimentary hot breakfast to evening cocktails...they also take care of lost key cards, check-outs, spa reservations, and probably just about anything else you could need. And when you're dealing with a 65 acre resort, having a hub like this close to your room can save you a LOT of trekking back and forth to the front desk. The upgrade also included free wifi - not a huge deal but a perk nonetheless.

Restaurants & Room Service - we dined at the South Poolside Restaurant, La Hacienda and The Steakhouse - they were all great. I thought the service at the steakhouse was mediocre, which only stood out because we had been so pampered by the service everywhere else. But, the food was great everywhere. The prices were a little on the high side, but that's to be expected with the convenience of not having to leave the property. I didn't think they were exorbitant by any means. The poolside restaurant had a nice "spa menu" which offered health-conscious choices...food was acceptable but not wow.

My husband went golfing while we were there and said he enjoyed it - but I can't really offer more than that. I'm not a golfer.

Overall - outstanding service, beautiful grounds, incredible spa, great food, large and comfortable rooms. Highly recommend!

Congrats to a great management team...thank you for the efforts you've put forth to make the Fairmont Scottsdale experience so phenomenal. It was a wonderful vacation.

Room Tip: Gold Section --- well worth the upgrade!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
FairmontScottsdale, Public Relations Manager at Fairmont Scottsdale Princess, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Dear JBC2012,

Thank you for spending your week with us at the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess and for taking the time to post your review. We appreciate your kind words and are delighted to hear our staff exceeded your expectations. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future!

Valerie Lee
Director of Public Relations

Reviewed 14 November 2013

The Fairmont is a lovely property with terrific amenitites. We stayed at the gold level and the breakfasts and appetizers were out of this world. Try the oatmeal creme brulee with fruit! The concierge service was excellent and the staff there were friendly and keen to be of service.The gold level rooms were spacious and beautlifully decorated. Here's the strange part: for an expensive hotel, they have cut corners in silly places. The toilet paper and kleenex tissues are all single ply, meaning it felt like you were in a cheap hotel in Europe. The card in the room suggested that we hang towels as it was better for the environment, but there weren't any towel racks in the bathroom. There was one small, round one next to the shower and a short one across from the sink, neither of which would be sufficient for the large towels. The staff at the pool weren't very attentive. At better resorts there is a suntain lotion station, which is really handy if you can't bring along a bottle of sunscreen. The Princess does not offer this service which would have been appreciated. The cleaning staff weren't on their game. I had a dirty bowl in my room for 2 days before I placed it outside my door. The restaurants were good although the music is a little loud so that it is difficult to have a converstaion.

Room Tip: pay extra for the president's gold level
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sharl l
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Property offers usual resort amenities but the staff is tops. From the desk to the restaurants to room service, each was helpful, friendly, and genuine. They really made you feel welcome. Rooms are generous, clean, and I appreciate they have hot water makers as well as coffee makers for us tea drinkers. Location is restful and quiet.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 November 2013

First of all, pay the extra money and experience the GOLD experience! Gold experience is amazing and Marty was amazing! We have stayed 3 times since September 2012 and every stay has been exceptional. Marty, my husband talks about you all the time...you are the most dedicated, wonderful concierge ever!! We can't wait to come back!!! Kudos to the Fairmont for hiring some of the most wonderful customer service agents I have ever met! Second of all, do not ever doubt that booking a stay at Fairmont Scottsdale princess is anything less than STELLAR!!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family