“Nice property”

Ranked #13 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Towaco
“Nice property”
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

Large property. Very spread out. Room was a nice size. Bathroom was little cramped, as well as the closet. The bed, and pillows were very comfortable. The pool was beautiful. The chairs at the pool were reserved by guests early in the AM, so if you want a good spot get there quick. Service at the pool was a little slow. The food at the pool area was delicious. We ate at Bourbon Steak, it was excellent. The servers sounded scripted, but not a big deal. I would recommend a couples trip, or work event, not much for families.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (660)
Wayne, New Jersey, USA
Reviewed 17 February 2014

First let me say that with the exception of the front desk women who checked us in, ALL of the staff were excellent. When we first checked in the women at the front desk informed us that we had two double beds.. I said my husband 6'5" and we would prefer to sleep "together" - was a King avaliable? In a huff - she found a room and we were brought to it. It was a stange confirguaration - with a hanicapped bathroom. It looked clean so we didn't complain. ( The maid service was excellent - everyday.) During our stay the temp outside was warm in the high 70 - 80. this is when we found out the air conditioner was not working !! We woke up sweating !! We put the control on high fan and 65 before we went to sleep. When i tried to call the front desk about it - the phone did not work. The TV remote was intermittent as well !! Also the door of the honor bar was falling off .
Thankfully the lounge areas outside were beautiful so we left the room - that we were PAYING for.
My advice is to check and play with all room amemenities before unpacking your bags. I didn't think I would need to do this in such a "wonderful" place. I guess I was wrong !

Room Tip: CHECK EVERYTHING when the bellman brings you BEFORE unpacking.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Pat M
FairmontScottsdale, Public Relations Manager at Fairmont Scottsdale Princess, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Dear Pat,

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear about your experience, as this is not the typical luxury accommodations we offer. I would imagine you have since shared the broken items/room number/repairs with the Front Desk, although I would be happy to look into this further as well. I can be reached at valerie.lee@fairmont.com. We are glad to hear you enjoyed the grounds and other areas. We value your business and do hope to have the opportunity to serve you and your husband in the future.

Valerie Lee
Director of Public Relations
Raleigh, NC
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I was in town for a night before a business trip and decided to try the Fairmont and I was not disappointed. Meticulous grounds and peaceful. Lovely pools and the staff was very helpful. I did get breakfast the morning I was leaving and the service wasn't great but I think they were very busy. Stayed in one of the Casita Suites and I was not disappointed. Great bed and bathroom! A little far from the main lobby but the little golf carts will pick you up in no time.

The only regret is I didn't have time to enjoy the spa. Can't wait for my next stay!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Oklahoma city
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

I come to Scottsdale 10-12 times a year and visit a spa each time I come. By far this one is the best. The ONLY thing I did not like is the roof top pool does not have enough room for more loungers. They do have other very nice pools that customers can use

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Nashville, TN
Reviewed 14 February 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

We went for hiking and relaxing as well as to participate in the many car auctions taking place. The Fairmont Princess was host hotel to Barrett-Jackson auction. Stayed in Room #3014 and would recommend this room to all. Large room with large balcony overlooking pool and golf course. Very quiet and well appointed.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Henry J
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 10 February 2014

The hotel was very nice and clean. The staff go out of their way to be helpful! They all seemed to enjoy their job and you could tell. I have 3 small children and we had a great time! The pools are awesome. There's a really fun playground! We picked fresh oranges from the tree. Wildlife surrounds you. We were eating breakfast outside and a hummingbird flew by. I highly recommend this hotel if you are traveling with children to Scottsdale!

• Stayed February 2014
Dear Tricia,

We thank you and your family for visiting the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess! By chance, did you meet Cecil, our resident desert tortoise? He lives in his habitat near the Cactus Garden and La Hacienda. Hopefully, your travels will bring you back for "Summer at the Princess" with even more to enjoy for the entire family, Memorial Day - Labor Day, including fireworks, Techno Glo Pool Parties and a zip line! Then, Christmastime brings ice skating in the desert! Please come visit again soon and let us know how we may assist in making your vacation another to remember!

Sunny regards,

Valerie Lee
Director of Public Relations
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Stayed at the FSP for 3 nights for a meeting. The hotel is physically very appealing. The Bell staff and front desk were very friendly and courteous.
The rooms are big and the beds very comfortable. Bathrooms are also generously sized. The pools and the common areas are nicely landscaped and everything is very clean.
The gym is a decent size with clean, functional equipment. The resort is in close proximity to the golf course and to a number of nearby Scottsdale activities.

Only two issues with the hotel. One is that there is no late night dining option, with the exception of room service. Would be totally awesome if there was food available at the bar until midnight or so. But the customer service is so great, the FSP brought our "room service mean" to the common area. Secondly, in the F wing, we could hear a bit of the outside noise from time time.

Would stay here again when visiting Scottsdale, a very nice property that offered a great relaxing stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scottsdale
Troon North
Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North
The Phoenician, Scottsdale
#18 of 75 in Scottsdale
Paradise Valley
The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa

Been to Fairmont Scottsdale Princess? Share your experiences!