I am currently staying at The Smoke Tree Resort and could not be any happier. The location is wonderful, about 1 block off of N. Scottsdale Road (the main street through Scottsdale), there are quite a few restaurants within walking distance and there is an upscale grocery store in the shopping cneter next door. There is also a Trader Joe's in the same shopping center which was a wondeful surpirse as I'm a picky vegetarian. I came to Scootsdale to get surgery and chose the Smoke Tree based on the wonderful reviews I read. This is absolutely the best place to recover! The beds are beyond comfortable. They are so light and fluffy! Also the pillows (which come 4 to a bed) are equally as soft and fluffy. I am staying in a room with 2 queen beds and it is just lovely. The beds are in a seperate room in the back that has little natural natural light, unless you open the shutters. So during my recovery I have been able to close the bedroom door, close the shades and rest in the dark. There is a TV in the bedroom and another TV in the living room area up front so while I was resting my travel companion was able to sit in the living room with the sliding glass door open enjoying the fresh air and watch TV. The entire resport is on one floor so it is very friendly to those in wheelchairs, recovering from surgery, or anyone else who has trouble with stairs. The rooms face out to an open patio/courtyard with beautiful mature trees that provide shade. The setting is calm, relaxing, and just beautiful!
The staff is also very friendly. On the day of my surgery we asked that the cleaning staff come and clean the room before 10:00 when I was due to return from surgery and the room was pristine upon our return and we had in fact returned earlier than we expected to! When my travel companion left we called up to the front office to ask if we could print her boarding pass for her flight using their printer. They were kind enough to get the information from us, print out the boarding pass and bring it to our room within 5 minutes of our phone call!
The rooms are very clean, I've stayed in a lot of hotels (as I frequently travel on business) where you don't even want to touch the carpet with your bare feet, here the carpet looks clean and new. In fact, EVERYTHING in the rooms looks new! A pet peeve of mine is when hotels use those comforters that you know they hardly ever wash, but they don't use those nasty things here, the bedding is far nicer than anything I own! Each room also has a mini-fridge, microwave, and coffeemaker all at a little wet bar so you have an extra sink that is not in the bathroom.
You can tell that a lot of thought and care has been put into The Smoke Tree Resort, it really shows. The staff is very friendly and helpful, the rooms are nice, the bathroom is a little small but not at all bad. You can get anything you need, food, clothes, groceries all within a few blocks and yet this place feels tucked away from the hustle and bustle of the main roads sinc ethe rooms are al in the back. Downtown Scottsdale is maybe 10 minutes south of here and the PHX is only 20-30 minutes away. As of right now the hotel restuarant is stil under construction but as I mentioned already you can walk to several different places to eat and if you want to drive a little ways the dinning options are endless. I compared the prices her with other hotels nearby and this place has excellent prices. There were some places that were less expensive but nowhere near as nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Smoke Tree Resort & Bungalows is a true desert oasis. Five lush acres are home to 26 recently remodeled suites and bungalows. These individual private retreats offer luxury accommodations with all the modern amenities. Enjoy a workout or relax poolside in the manicured gardens. The expert staff arrange everything from golf and tennis to hiking or massage. World-class shopping and dining is just steps away. Life is too short to sleep in chain hotels! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Evoline ltd so you can book your SmokeTree Resort & Bungalows reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Smoketree Resort & Bungalows Hotel Scottsdale
- Smoketree Resort And Bungalows
- Smoke Tree Hotel
- Smoke Tree Scottsdale
- SmokeTree Resort & Bungalows Scottsdale, Arizona