We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at SmokeTree. Our room was more like a small apartment, with living room separate from bedroom. We slept like babies even though we were away from home. The room stayed nice and cool the entire time even though temps got up to 107 while we were there. We loved the fact that we could swim in the cute lighted pool any time.. so we often took an "end of day" dip in the pool to relax. It's off season so I suspect the rates were really low because of that - highly recommend taking advantage of the off season rates.. don't let the heat in Phoenix scare you away.
We loved Scottsdale - and great breakfast place just around the corner from SmokeTree at The Good Egg (down Scottsdale Ave turn left on Rose and right into shopping center). TONS of shopping nearby and also plenty of restaurants too. Scottsdale feels very safe and it is convenient to get to anywhere around Phoenix on the 101.
The rooms have complimentary hair dryer so you don't need to pack that. We always had plenty of towels plus they leave towels out at the pool 24/7 if you go for a swim. The room had a coffee maker and small refrigerator and sink separate from the bathroom.
In the morning we were serenaded by the sound of birds chirping and cute little jack rabbits hop around the property. There are lots of beautiful shrubs around the rooms/cottages for a feeling of privacy.
We will definitely be coming back to SmokeTree in the near future!
If you arrive at night it might be hard to find the resort since there are not a lot of flashy lights out front. In fact there is a large dark building in front that I think used to be a restaurant. The resort is sort of behind that. It's located on Lincoln just off about a block from Scottsdale Blvd on the right as you approach Scottsdale Blvd. Easy to miss the entrance - but that is fine with us!
Almost forgot - free wifi was available for the entire time... If you need the wifi check with the hotel management when you check in so that you have a room with good access. Ours had no problems with connectivity.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Smoke Tree Resort & Bungalows is a true desert oasis. Five lush acres are home to 26 recently remodeled suites and bungalows. These individual private retreats offer luxury accommodations with all the modern amenities. Enjoy a workout or relax poolside in the manicured gardens. The expert staff arrange everything from golf and tennis to hiking or massage. World-class shopping and dining is just steps away. Life is too short to sleep in chain hotels! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your SmokeTree Resort & Bungalows reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Smoketree Resort And Bungalows
- Smoketree Resort & Bungalows Hotel Scottsdale
- Smoke Tree Hotel
- Smoke Tree Scottsdale
- SmokeTree Resort & Bungalows Scottsdale, Arizona