The Phoenician, A Luxury Collection Resort, Scottsdale
US$97
US$79
Hilton Scottsdale Resort & Villas(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
US$127
  • Restaurant
US$233
US$201
  • Pool
The McCormick Scottsdale(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$106
The Scott Resort & Spa(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
US$238
US$108
Agoda.com
Hotel Valley Ho(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
US$200
Hyatt.com
US$312
US$215
  • Pool
Gainey Suites Hotel(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
US$131
2,282 results
All reviewscamelback mountaincactus gardenil terrazzogolf courserelish burger bistrothirsty camelmain buildingturn down servicecasita roomcanyon suitesspa treatmentspool staffgolf clubself parkingice watertennis courtsbit dated
Reviewed 17 June 2011

Enjoyed our room and enjoyed the property. Settled account in full on check out. Received email when we got home that added two extra charges to my Visa that I did not incur. I have left two messages with billing department, I have sent three faxes and two emails. No one has returned my calls. Very dissappointed.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2011

This is not a hotel I would normally stay at, since I like econo hotels, but, hey I was "forced" to stay here for business. This is an upscale hotel and it doesn't disappoint. Lots of nice little trails on the property (through the Cactus Garden, for example) and is a short walk to local trails up Camelback Mountain. Beautiful view of the mountain right outside my room. It was a good experience, but not a hotel I would pay for out of my own pocket.

Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 June 2011

My first impression wasn't so great but after a few hours I realised that the service at the hotel makes up for the very slightly dated rooms. That said, the rooms were big and bathrooms excellent. The dining in Il Terrazzo was excellent... Poolside snacks good too. The spa was good, not like a European spa but ok.
I didn't golf but colleagues who did raved about the course.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed 13 June 2011

I visited The Phoenician in May 2011 traveling by myself. I had always heard about the legendary Phoenician and was anxious to stay there. The grounds are incredible and have all the beauty that a mature garden offers. I had the distinct impression I was traveling back in time to the 60s-70s as I drove up the road to the hotel. But that was OK. The exterior of the hotel buildings themselves are a little disappointing. Lobby is nice-- rooms not so nice. I can't imagine that I could have gotten a worse located room. No view at all. But I booked at the last minute-- what do you expect. The room smelled musty which is odd considering this is the desert-- a smell more associated with wet climates. The bed was heavenly which is exactly what I needed. Shower incredible. Bath large but dated. The shampoo, bath wash etc were very nice. I loved the idea of the outdoor terrace bar but the food, service and ambiance were less than wonderful. A lot of the problem were the kids ( which is not the responsibility of the hotel) but it is after all a bar. And where I come from, children aren't allowed in bars by law. And certainly not allowed to run, play and scream. The food was bar grub and expensive and wholly underwhelming. The J&G steakhouse was wonderful. And one of the reasons I stayed there. Service and food quality were on par with what I get in New York and San Francisco. The next morning the breakfast was just plain odd. There are 2 locations for breakfast that I could find-- one that is a ice cream shop and the other on the first floor. There were many very unhappy people at the restaurant downstairs-- Il Terrasse? may be I don't recall the name. But you were greated at 9 in the morning with "do you have a reservation?" Duh... no... is that what it takes to get some coffee? There were no fewer than 4 groups who were unhappy when I get there-- unhappy due to seating location, time taken to seat and selection on the menu. The restaurant was empty pretty much and it took 15 minutes to get a table. Once you got in, no one explained the menu or how it worked. There was some sort of convoluted buffet vs brunch that I never figured out. I just told the wait staff what I wanted to eat and let them point out which way to go. There were omlet makers ( good) who had only 3 pans ( bad) with which to cook. A gigantic hotel that offers custom omelets while you wait has only 3 omelet pans? And the chefs are struggling to clean them in front of you while you wait. Pools were beautiful. I could have lived there. Lots of choices and since I swim early or late I missed any kid traffic. The business center was a terrific asset to have-- print your boarding pass etc. I also loved the underground self park. It was very convenient. I don't know if I would return since there are so many 5 star choices in Scottsdale. But overall, I was glad I went and will seek out other hotels in this chain for the beds alone.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 June 2011

We had a family gathering for Mom's birthday and the Phoenician is a very nice and easy place to gather. We had 15 people, ate meals together, played some tennis, lots of pool time. The staff is friendly and attentive, great food, beautiful grounds.

This place isn't cheap but its full service and lots of options for broad range of ages. The water slide was a huge hit for the kids. Gym is well equipt, tennis courts are great, golf course looked good (we didn't play).

Room Tip: get a room facing the pool! self park.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family