“Luxury Collection, Scottsdale Arizona”

The Phoenician, Scottsdale
Ranked #21 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed 12 August 2011

I spend a couple of nights week of July 11-13 on business. My first time in Arizona and coming from Florida was the sandy colors, the buildings in route to the hotel seem very square looking. The property is located next to a mountain that looks like a big stone rising from the ground. The garden and golf course are surrounded by sand and sand dunes, big cactus and other desert plants are beautifully placed. The reception personnel are courteous and knowledgeable. We stayed on a double bed suite. The room was big and clean and the bathroom was impressive. It had a shower a double wide bathtub double sinks and the toilet enclosed with a door, all in marble or stone like material. My understanding is that Arizona is very careful with their water resources so I was impressed by the water conservation shower head that gave a pleasant sensation while feeling good with the environment. High quality beds, towels, linen, toiletries and the room was very clean. I learned later that the hotel was build on 1988 and other than the analog thermostats I didn’t notice the age. I tried the food in different restaurants and the food was good the attention better. We also got to use the convention center and it was spacious with an actual view of the mountain behind. The employees are friendly well trained and very organized. This is by far the best use of space I wave witness in a Hotel. I will go back anytime and I can recommend to anyone for business or recreation.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 12 August 2011

Incredible place. You won't go wrong staying here. The rooms are immaculate. Food is great in every restaurant. Very expensive....prepare for that! Pools are awesome!!!
We stayed multiple times!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2011

Service and the grounds were beautiful. The only thing that knocks this property down was the AWFUL view from the room... Which was the roof of the lower building next to us and the room windows across the way. For a property as luxurious and well-known as The Phoenician, I definitely expected more. With so many great hotels in Scottsdale, I would look for another property that can give you everything.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank DLBroyles
Reviewed 9 August 2011

Top grade facility, good food options, top staff. Next to Camelback mountain for hikers. I enjoy the view over the pool compared to the mountainview, but again top quality facilities and staff.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 August 2011

My wife, my 8 year old son and I stayed at the hotel for 8 nights whilst we attended a wedding in Scottsdale. The hotel is superbly appointed - the grounds and pools are excellent. We ate in the restaurant every morning and breakfast was great both in terms of choice and quality. We had several dinners at the hotel also and all were excellent. Hotel staff were pleasant and helpful except for some of the concierge team. Executive/Towncars (ones working with the hotel/concierge staff) will cost you between $13 and $20 for a ride to Scottsdale town centre, whereas normal cabs costs anywhere between $5 and $7. If you're making the odd trip in and out of town its not a big deal, but if you're in and out regularly it gets expensive. Hertz have a car rental office in the hotel - they have a good selection of cars but book online before you travel - its a lot cheaper.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Phoenician for six nights from June 3rd. It was our second visit and I am sure it will not be our last, the place is truely top quality.
A couple of issues, (not regarded as a problem), at check-in were the result of the reservations manager having put a reserve on a specific room that I had requested, it was not ready when we arrived although a similar room was, the system would not let the front desk deviate from our assigned room until a manager sanctioned it. I appreciate that usually you get what rooms are available at the time of check-in so this was beyond what I expected and I am extremely grateful to Jeffrey Kern for his help in fulfilling my request.
The rooms, grounds, pools and everything else at the Phoenician are fabulous, I would urge anyone to try it for themselves. I believe that all the rooms are of a similar standard and the upgrades are purely down to the outlook/view from the room, we overlooked the pool complex which, in my opinion, was worth the extra cost.
The Terrace bar has a phenominal selection of Vodka's and the drink prices are in keeping with the surroundings, the food available on the terrace is very good and fairly priced. We ate in the top floor Steakhouse on one night but would not recommend it as the choices, especially the starter selection, are a bit limited and the overall standard of the meal was not what we expected. The "Il Terrazzo" restaurant was very good, both food quality and value, we ate Dinner there on two occasions as well as the Sunday Brunch, (which is very good indeed).
There are plenty of dining options, (and places to spend an evening), close by. The resort provides a Limo service should you require it, we used the service to go to one of the restaurants at the fashion square mall and it was only $13.00. The Yard house is good fun, I would also recommend Wildfish and Culinary Drop-out, (for casual dining), there are any number of restaurants to choose from, for good Mexican the "OLD Town Tortilla Factory" is the place to go.
My only real gripe with Phoenician is the fact they have removed the ice machines from each of the floors, I appreciate the fact that this is small issue and it should not deviate from the fact that the Resort is absolutely superb, it is just something I don't think they needed to do and is sometimes an inconvenience to wait for a bucket of Ice to be delivered by room-service.
I would highly recommend this Resort to anyone considering a stay in Scottsdale/Phoenix, my wife and I have stayed at several of the other high end Resorts in the area, and we haven't had a bad one yet, but the Phoenician really is that good,
I have given the value rating a 4* as the Resort website can sometimes be expensive, be aware of occasional offers and, regardless of the "best rate guarantee", check other websites
JWK

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2011

This is nice hotel but I'm not sure it worth 5 diamonds rating. The 5 diamonds rating hotel are all superb. The restaurants were good except the steak house in the hotel was not my favorite, Ruth Chirs"s was better.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family