This was my husband’s and my 4th stay at the Phoenician Resort, Scottsdale, AZ and this time we brought 3 friends with us. Each time we visit, it is more amazing than the last. Staff is incredibly friendly and knowledgeable. Just about the entire staff remembers and calls you by name. Sometimes, I have a hard time remembering my own! To be greeted at breakfast with “Good Morning, Mr.& Mrs.____“ before we even reach the hostess station makes us feel so special. It is like they really appreciate our business and want us there. Our room was more than lovely. Large, and immaculate. The huge bathroom was spotless. Night service would remove any used towels, turn down your bed, put soft music on, fill the ice bucket, leave chocolates and the luxury of all, place a white cloth on the floor on the sides of the bed so that when you got up in the middle of the night your feet were not on the rug but on the foot cloth. That, I had never experienced at any other hotel. The grounds did not have a blade of grass out of place and the landscaping was beautifully done with waterfalls, pools, flowers, trees and ponds. One day while pointing out the Desert Walk on the property, a bell boy, Manuel, saw us and asked us to get into the golf cart and took us on a tour of the entire grounds. He had worked there for 16 years and was a wealth of information. The concierge staff was more than helpful, knowledgeable and very accommodating. Would arrange any activity you desired. House keeping would come back after they cleaned the room and ask if everything was Ok. If not, they would fix it. The pools were warm and clean and the pool staff very attentive. This time we witnessed the pool staff in action..... 9 baby ducks followed Mommy Duck into the pool. Unfortunately, the babies did not know how to swim yet. Babies were stuck in the pool when Mom flew out. 4 or 5 pool staff worked about 45 minutes to get the ducks out. Mommy would not let them near the babies. Finally, after getting them into a box, the staff said they would bring the ducks to the pond, just a few feet away. Mommy would know where to find them. Well, Mommy didn’t know and was quite upset. We finally had to leave and go back to our room, however, shortly after returning there, we received a call from the pool staff saying the ducks were united with their mother. The staff knew how concerned we were and wanted to put our mind at ease that all was well. I cannot imagine any other resort having as much concern for the ducks or their guests. They certainly went above and beyond. The Phoenician has a great location with lots to do in the Phoenix, Scottsdale and Tempe area. Sedona less than 2 hours away. This is truly a First Class, 5 Star Resort, one you have to experience just once, but you’ll go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Phoenician is a luxury resort in Scottsdale, Arizona, situated on 250 acres at the base of Camelback Mountain. From May through September 2017, The Phoenician will be undergoing extensive enhancements to its signature public areas. During this time, the main lobby, front desk, pool complex, spa and select dining venues will be closed. These services and amenities will be available at alternate locations on the resort grounds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Phoenician, Scottsdale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Phoenician, Scottsdale Hotel Scottsdale
- Phoenician Hotel Scottsdale
- The Phoenician Hotel Scottsdale
- The Phoenician, Scottsdale Arizona