“Total and complete bliss!!!”

The Phoenician, Scottsdale
Ranked #19 of 76 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed 27 August 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at The Phoenician with my parents. The only bad thing about our trip was that we did not stay long enough! From the arrival experience with Brandon and Chris to the great poolside service from Rich and his team, to the incredible gourmet dinner we had in Il Terrazzo it was all over the top! We have stayed before and each time the experience gets better. Our rooms were beautiful. I love the new carpet in the hallways and really the rooms are the best in town. Al and Greg assisted us with dinner and it was one of the most incredible meals we have ever had. The new chef is great and he has made some nice tweaks to the menu, but they still the best bread ever. I wish I'd had time for some Phoenician Crunch ice cream in the Cafe, time to shop and time for the spa, but not this trip. We did make it down the waterslide 3 times and got to enjoy the sunset before dinner. Thank you for such a memorable night. And a special thank you to Al and Greg in Il Terrazzo for one of the best dinners my parents and I have ever had! They were so thrilled especially since it was my dad's birthday and my husband and I were paying. The pastry team even made a special pie I ordered in advance- best weekend ever!!

Room Tip: Book the Grand Deluxe or Deluxe for the best views!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank eliz933
Write a ReviewReviews (2,231)

Reviewed 25 August 2012

If you are looking for a location to hold your next conference - look no further - the Phoenician is your place!! My company held our conference here in June and it was just amazing. We actually had three conferences over the course of a week for about 800 attendees in the travel industry - not an easy crowd to please! But I have to say that the staff at the Phoenician completely exceeded our expectations. We have held our meetings at other luxury properties, and we all agreed that the Phoenician is the one to beat! The level of service we received in the planning process was incredible. Our conference manager, Andrew, and reservations manger, Mindie, were the best I've ever dealt with. Once on site, everything went so smoothly I still can't believe it. There isn't one thing I can think of that wasn't absolutely perfect. The property is amazing, the rooms were all beautiful, meals were gourmet (hats off to Chef!), conference space incredible, but I think the best thing about the Phoenician is their staff. They were always right there thinking of what we needed before we even asked! They were truly top-notch meeting professionals like no others! After the conference, we received rave reviews from travel agents, and top travel industry executives! Thank you to everyone at the Phoenician!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 August 2012

While we always enjoy our stay at the Phoenician, our one night "birthday" visit was over the top. We enjoyed a beautiful room and our dinner at El Terrazo could not have been better. It was hard to choose from the great menu described so well by Al, the best waiter ever. Overwhelmed by the amazing wine list Greg was able to discern our preferences from a few weak descriptions on our part and brought us the perfect choice. The food was perfectly prepared and presented with perfection. The "special order" of the birthday dessert our daughter had requested exceeded all our expectations. It's a birthday we will never forget at the most beautiful and friendly resort in Arizona.

Room Tip: Rooms with view of pool/golf course are lovely as no city is visible, just green and mountains.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Ann B
Reviewed 21 August 2012 via mobile

I truly enjoyed my stay at the Phoenician. Me and my wife were treated like royalty by all the staff! The resorts 9 pools are a thing of beauty. I have never seen a more luxurious grounds! The food was awesome as well from breakfast to lunch and dinner even the pool side food was incredible! Our room was cleaned thoroughly twice a day! I would highly recommend this property to anyone! We can't wait to go back! If u stay at this resort I promise you will love it, make sure you say hi to our favorite pool side waiter Jarred!

• Stayed: August 2012
4  Thank Jaysolo
Reviewed 20 August 2012

This was day 3 of a roundtrip from L.A. to San Francisco. We spent one night at the resort, stayed at the Phoenician on our wayfrom L.A. to the Grand Canyon.
The resort is remarkable, in its size as in its quality. Very inexpensive (at least in August) and of top quality (service and rooms).
Some drawbacks:
The pool area was fine, the pool being almost unusable to swim or to cool off as it was hot like a bath and rather shallow (1.15 m). Temperature around Phoenix was about 43C.
If you want to eat at J&G Steakhouse, be prepared to let some money there. While my Angus steak was delicious, the so-called handcut fries were no thrill - don't take them, they are no better than those at some fastfood restaurants. We found this restaurant to be highly overpriced - if price matters.
Breakfast at "The Terrazzo" was excellent (to coffee fans:U.S. Standard i.e. Easy refills of brewed coffee, no Italian style coffee machine with delicious crema)

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sylvain P
Reviewed 15 August 2012

Great visit once again to The Phoenician. This time we stayed at the Canyon in a suite. As usual the staff are brilliant right across the Hotel. Nothing is too much and any requests were dealt with swiftly and professionally. Julian in the Canyon was the total professional. Bar staff are first class, particularly Andrew in the Relish Bar and Beradine and Debs in Il Terrazzo. Cleaning is first class and food in Il Terrazzo was top notch, again superb service by Christine. The guys who run you around Dillon and Damian were once again first class. If it seems there's a lot of names in this review then that's how much an impression they made on us. Great Hotel , brilliant staff.
Frank Price

Room Tip: Check out summer rates. It's hot but the air con is fantastic
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FrankP62
Reviewed 8 August 2012

The phoenician is impressive from the moment you turn off Camelback Road. We stayed, as a family, in the low season (August) and it was a fantastic experience. 9 pools to explore and a water slide that was great for the kids, but fun enough for the supervising adults as well. Lounging by the pool is fantastic as well with such good food/drink service.

Overall the property is stunning and provided us with a great family 'getaway' where we could easily spend all day lounging around. If you can, get a pool-view room - the view is fantastic and the balcony is a great place to have coffee/read the paper. Rooms are very spacious but unfortunately all we could get was two over-sized doubles (we were told they don't have two queens) which for two adults is kind of tight. One big downside was that there wasn't a small fridge to keep our own drinks, and to get ice you have to call for room service. Great cactus garden to explore, and the gym is one of the best I've ever visited within a hotel/resort. We also enjoyed the option of the complementary self parking lot which was underground and nice for avoiding the summer sun.

Lots of food choices within the resort, though none are inexpensive, but the locations are perfect, especially at The Thirsty Camel - a great spot for snacks and drinks in the evening.

Close to really good shopping and a great choice of restaurants and only 2.5 hours away from Sedona. It's expensive for a family vacation, but if you choose your food carefully, you can definitely make it work!

Room Tip: Get a pool facing room if possible. Floor 4 will give the best views of the resort and surrounding a...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family