I stayed here for the first time in almost 20 years and while the resort is starting to show some age it was still truly wonderful.
It all starts at the front door with the valets and bell men taking your bags and car swiftly, whisking you in and the warm faces of the front desk staff. Not quite St. Regis warm, but close.
We stayed in a casita (building B - try to get a Casita on the inner circle) instead of the hotel proper, and with all of the pool construction taking place it was a bit of a circuitous walk to get to the hotel proper, but the staff graciously picked us up in golf carts as we needed. It was an easy walk to the gym and golf club though and to the pools, had they not been under construction.
The restaurants were very good, we ate a lot of catered meals in the convention but ate in the steak house for dinner one night - steak was fabulous, only gripe was the wine list, a little limited and overpriced.
If you are a golfer, as I am, you will be a little disappointed in the courses. They were very nice and well maintained (Canyons is the best of the 3) but they are short and designed to be resort courses - they are just not Estancia or Troon North. But, as a family resort they are perfect.
The gym was excellent, great selection of machines, free weights and plenty of cardio machines - never had a problem getting what I wanted. Large studio for classes/stretching that I did not use but others did.
Overall, the service was top notch and the facilities were excellent. Luxurious towels, quality items and service make this a perfect place for a romantic retreat, conference center and when the pools are done (they have like 5 of them so it's not like there wasn't plenty of pool available) frankly, I can't think of a better family spot in AZ.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Phoenician is a luxury resort in Scottsdale, AZ that offers a 27-hole championship golf course, onsite spa, and over 160,000 sq ft of indoor and outdoor event space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your The Phoenician, Scottsdale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Phoenician, Scottsdale Hotel Scottsdale
- Phoenician Hotel Scottsdale
- The Phoenician Hotel Scottsdale
- The Phoenician, Scottsdale Arizona