Our stay was totally not worth the price we paid and we actually cut the time we spent at the Phoenician short by four days and ended up moving to another hotel/resort with a similar reputation that was actually cheaper and an overall better experience.
I don't think our issues with our stay were minor in that the room had an exposed electrical box in our closet, a bathroom faucet that didn't work, carpeting that was stained, a mini refrigerator that woke us up throughout the night,grounds that were mostly not accessible with a stroller due to construction and two twin beds in an upgraded suite that were not up to par by any means.
The grounds generally looked fantastic (what we were able to see), but we had a difficult time actually getting around because it was too much of a pain to carry a stroller up and down so many stairs.
The only real bright spot was the staff in the golf pro-shop who gave us suggestions on what we could do in the area. They also were kind enough to let our five year old putt some balls on the practice green which he really enjoyed. The golf course looked great, but we didn't stay long enough to enjoy it.
I have been to a number of resorts/hotels in the area and I heard good things about the Phoenician so we thought we would give it a try, but I have to say we really came away rather upset with our experience.
I totally understand our stay may have been a case of bad timing on our part, but that doesn't explain the condition of our room and the lack of notice regarding the construction. It's also not the cheapest place (near $400 per night) to stay and we found it to be not worth the expense.
We were traveling on vacation with our five year old and nine month old and we were uncomfortable letting our baby crawl on the floor in our room due to the condition of the carpet if that tells you anything about our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Phoenician is a luxury resort in Scottsdale, Arizona, situated on 250 acres at the base of Camelback Mountain. From May through September 2017, The Phoenician will be undergoing extensive enhancements to its signature public areas. During this time, the main lobby, front desk, pool complex, spa and select dining venues will be closed. These services and amenities will be available at alternate locations on the resort grounds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Phoenician, Scottsdale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Phoenician, Scottsdale Hotel Scottsdale
- Phoenician Hotel Scottsdale
- The Phoenician Hotel Scottsdale
- The Phoenician, Scottsdale Arizona