My husband stayed here for four nights on a business related couples vacation. When we arrived at 5pm we were told there were only rooms with double beds available but that we would be in one of the casitas and we could move to a king bed room the next day.
The casita was on the 2nd floor of building F and had a great view of the pool, main building, and mountains. No complaints about the room at all and the bathroom was HUGE. The issue was that we were on a romantic vacation and slept in seperate beds due to the small size of the double.
As promised, we were moved to a room in the main building the next day with a king bed. However, this overlooked the loading dock. The lack of a view (terrible view really) we could live with but there was noise coming from the loading dock all night long and my husband could not sleep.
Finally, we were moved to another room in the main building far from the loading dock. This time it was clearly a room that was used as a smoking room. I'm not sure if smoking is allowed in the hotel but there was no doubt this was a very smokey room with many cleaning agents used to mask the smell. At this point we were in the 3rd room in 3 days so we just stayed put.
I know all hotels have their "bad" rooms but it just stinks (literally) to have to stay in one of them.
On the flip side, every employee we encountered was extremely helpful and friendly. Drinks at the pool were good and not watered down at all. This is a place I would return to but would insist on a specific type of room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Phoenician is a luxury resort in Scottsdale, Arizona, situated on 250 acres at the base of Camelback Mountain. From May through September 2017, The Phoenician will be undergoing extensive enhancements to its signature public areas. During this time, the main lobby, front desk, pool complex, spa and select dining venues will be closed. These services and amenities will be available at alternate locations on the resort grounds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Phoenician, Scottsdale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Phoenician, Scottsdale Hotel Scottsdale
- Phoenician Hotel Scottsdale
- The Phoenician Hotel Scottsdale
- The Phoenician, Scottsdale Arizona