“Amazing get away .”

The Phoenician, Scottsdale
Ranked #21 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

I go to this hotel every year And
I have to say this was one of my best stays at this hotel.
The service was amazing the staff were polite and very helpful from the pool guys to management .
I called for an early extra check in since I decided to drive from Los Angeles to Scottsdale because I would be easier fort kids to sleep through the night .The hotel manager called me after I made the request and made sure we get the early check in at 3:00 am.
I have to say we had 3 rooms and they had the 3 rooms ready to go. That's service!!!
The pool and the activities for the kids very great. We stayed there over memorial weekend and there was a lot to do .
The pool guts check on our water and towel every half hour to make sure we have ice water and enough towels.
The rooms need a little updating but over all nice rooms.
I also noticed new updates to the hotel .
Over all great place to stay at .
I feel this is the best place to stay at Scottsdale and again I am very happy with the staff and
The service to make sure me and my family have a good stay!!

• Stayed: May 2014
PhoenicianManager, Public Relations Manager at The Phoenician, Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Thank you for the sharing your wonderful review! From our recently expanded activities program to the addition of our new splash pad, we strive to provide guests of all ages with a memorable experience, and we are thrilled that you and your family enjoyed your holiday weekend at The Phoenician! We look forward to welcoming you back again next year.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

It had been a while since I stayed at the Phoenician and I was wondering if it would live up to my memories. It did, in spades.

First, the grounds are lovely and driving in you seem to leave the arid world of Arizona and find yourself in a lusher, more temperate climate.

You stay at the Phoenician for the experience and the service and I have to tip my hat to the staff, uniformly they are excellent and very attentive to your needs. This was a business trip for me and I was fortunate to be able to have my wife accompany me so it was fun for both of us.

The only downside is the Phoenician is getting a bit long in tooth and some areas could use a refresh. The rooms, service, grounds and staff are top notch, if you have a chance give it a try a very nice place to stay for a few days.

Room Tip: If you are focusing on golf try a casita to be close to the courses
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are delighted to hear that your recent stay at The Phoenician was an exceptional one! We pride ourselves on delivering personalized, AAA Five Diamond service to our guests, so thank you for taking the time to acknowledge our attentive Ambassadors. Whether for business or leisure, we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Though this is a large property, the customer service feels like a B&B. They are attentive and accommodating. Our favorite thing is a cabana at the Mother of Pearl Pool (must reserve ahead of time). Rich, who has been the server there our last two visits, is wonderful. The property is beautiful, the accommodations lavish. You feel like a star there!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2014

If you are looking for attention to detail that this is the place to go. you need not carry cash, all the individuals attending to all of your needs are tipped automatically, included in your room fee. This is nicer then you think, your bags are carried, your dinner plans are suggested and wait staff is great. We had high tea in the lobby one afternoon, the view was great and so was the service. All the food at high tea is unlimited, you will walk away full if you want to. We had a room that faced Camelback mountain. I think that is the best side unless you would like to see the resort or the valley.

Room Tip: we liked the room facing the mountain, it was quiet and a lot of wild life to watch. Also the sun c...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 May 2014

My favorite resort in the Phoenix area!!

The property is absolutely beautiful!! I have been to this property several times and it continues to be one the best. Great location!

The staff is very inviting and accommodating to all guests. We checked in and they were very helpful:)

Amenities, would have loved to stay a few more nights to enjoy more. So much to do on this property. 3 different pools, restaurants, activities, and so much more! They have all that one would want and need plus more.

We stayed on property and didn't have to leave. The food was high quality and outstanding at every outlet!

We enjoyed our stay and will be back soon! My favorite Resort in Phoenix!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
PhoenicianManager, Public Relations Manager at The Phoenician, Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Thank you for sharing your review with others online. We are absolutely thrilled to hear that we are your favorite resort in the Valley! We know you have many luxury hotels to choose from in the area, so thank you for your continued patronage. We hope to welcome you back for many years to come.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

What can I say but... Wow! Check-in with Alexa was absolutely wonderful. Instead of talking down to me she talked to me, (Hotwire booked) she was accommodating to our needs (2 dbl beds) and when I requested a cake sent to our room for my daughter's birthday she was quick to respond with the request. She has been very gracious. The wait staff member was attentive and let me say that the cake was absolutely scrumptious (chocolate mousse cake, mmmmmmmmmm). Thank you so much. The hotel itself is absolutely beautiful. The grounds and views of camelback, which is in the backyard of the hotel is exquisite. I am just amazed and extremely happy that we have the opportunity to stay here. Tomorrow we will be partaking of the pool area and will let you know all about it. I can't wait!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank messnerpatricia

Thank you for posting your review. We are pleased to hear that we were able to make your daughter’s birthday extra special – and that you enjoyed the cake! We can only hope that the rest of your trip was as great as your first day! Please come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

Not sure what's up with all the negative reviews and complaints. I have high standards and expectations and The Phoenician has not disappointed. Fantastic room... Clean and updated.

The service has been excellent! I'm here for memorial day weekend... Off to a great start!

I'll be back!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Thank your for the great review! We are thrilled to hear that we were able to meet your high expectations! We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.