I loved this resort:I travelled alone on business. I checked in at 3pm but my room was only ready around 4:30pm after a 11 hours of travelling. While I waited for my room I went to Thirsty Camel Lounge and had a pizza and beer. Well, the pizza took over 45 minutes to come, I didnt say anything as I was waiting for my room. Well a big surprise was waiting for me!! Alex Verkruijsse Director of Thirsty Camel Complex came over to me and said that the pizza was on the house because he found that the service was not acceptable!!! Wow! I was so impressed that my stay would start on such a fantastic positive note. Congrats to you because I was totally impressed and it made my day since my travelling day was long with adventure. I stayed in a ground-floor Casita with parking right in front so it was easy to come and go and didnt have to pay 29.00$ for overnight parking. My view was the Camel Back Mountain with the gardens and the lagoon. It was lovely. The pool was very busy on Memorial Day weekend visitors and lots of families. I was very impressed with the staff who filled my ice water regularly throughout the day in the heat. The pool and the activities for kids looked fantastic and I could see all kids all ages were having fun with kids pool and the pool with water activies/water slides too. There are 6 pools at this resort and 1 pool is adults only. You have the choice to choose a quiet space next to little lagoon or the more busy area. The rooms need a little updating but they are clean and confortable. The pool restaurant Oasis Pool Bar & Grill is really nice, I tried a few plates and they were all very delicious but a bit pricey. You need to try the fish sandwich OMG was so delicious and the Salad with Shrimp and Feta it was also very good. The premises of this hotel are so pretty. I walked the sidewalks near the golf course and it was amazing views with Camel Back Mountain in the background. Don't forgot to go up to the 5th floor to J & G Steakhouse for dinner or a drink they have fantastic view of premises and a beautiful sunset. The gym is very nice and the spa too. There is a trainer from the gym named Wade who takes guests for a small fee to hike Camel Back Mountain, it felt safe and it made it easier since I was alone. Everybody at this resort is polite, helpful and professional. I travel a lot and I notice service and I like to point it out when it's there. Congratulations to all the staff. It's so appreciated to feel that staff sincerely cares about the guests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Phoenician is a luxury resort in Scottsdale, Arizona, situated on 250 acres at the base of Camelback Mountain. From May through September 2017, The Phoenician will be undergoing extensive enhancements to its signature public areas. During this time, the main lobby, front desk, pool complex, spa and select dining venues will be closed. These services and amenities will be available at alternate locations on the resort grounds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your The Phoenician, Scottsdale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Phoenician, Scottsdale Hotel Scottsdale
- Phoenician Hotel Scottsdale
- The Phoenician Hotel Scottsdale
- The Phoenician, Scottsdale Arizona