“Top notch service”

The Phoenician, Scottsdale
Ranked #21 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I love this resort, grounds are beautiful. I love the pool areas and the service is always amazing. They treat you like royalty here. Eating at the restaurant downstairs for breakfast was so peaceful with great views, blueberry pancakes are a must. Won't stay anywhere else in Scottsdale.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Leigh P
Write a ReviewReviews (2,217)

Reviewed 1 July 2014

From my greeting by Anthony to my check out everything about the Phoenician experience was exceptional. Being in the business I know how difficult it is to grant early check in requests but even at my very early arival time Jenn at the front desk never missed a beat and I was in my room in no time. The room was perfectly prepared and throughout my five day stay housekeeping was flawless!! I felt pampered,important and most of all relaxed. On the the first day of my stay I got turned around I had trouble getting back to my room and Tony the bartender at one of the restaurants came out to help me find the right elevator bank !! That kind of service and hospitality will ensure that I return !

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
PhoenicianManager, Public Relations Manager at The Phoenician, Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Thank you for sharing your review with others online. It’s wonderful to hear that your overall experience was an exceptional one, and that you felt relaxed and pampered during your stay. We truly appreciate your kind words and hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 1 July 2014

What a resort/hotel! We have just come back from 5 nights at the fabulous Phoenician and really did not want to leave. The whole resort area is fantastic with great rooms, restaurants, bars, pools, etc. However, it is the staff that truly make this such a fantastic place to be - they have a knack of knowing what you need before you do! Customer service second to none - all without being intrusive in any way.

We stayed in a basic Casita room with lovely view of the garden and pearl pool - gorgeous room, bed and bathroom with great products and the best shower. We spent time at the Thirsty Camel Bar and Lounge - thank you to Nick for being a barman extraordinaire! We ate at the Oasis Bar several lunchtimes - great salads and burgers and again, lovely staff. We also ate at the Steakhouse on the top floor of the hotel - fabulous views over the hotel grounds and Phoenix - make it up there to see the sun set. The golf club staff were also fabulous and looked after us - good short course with some challenging holes.

All in all, a fantastic stay and we can't wait to go back one day soon!

Room Tip: The casita rooms are quiet and sit away from the main building so offer more privacy and peace.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kewsontour
PhoenicianManager, Public Relations Manager at The Phoenician, Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the accommodations, restaurants, pools, and signature AAA Five Diamond service! We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I snuck into the pool area with my 11 year old while my lovely wife pampered herself at the spa. They've got an AWESOME area next to the pool slide to kick back and relax - it's naturally shaded by the rock slide and trees, which allowed me to just kick back, take it easy, and not worry about the little one who was busy going up and down the slide. I didn't have to worry mainly because the nice lady at the top of the slide kept all the kiddies in line. The only disturbance I had was by an attentive waiter who recommended the Mahi Mahi sandwich and a cocktail for lunch - it was absolutely delicious. I couldn't have asked for a more relaxing afternoon. Thanks for letting me crash your pool!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We spent two nights at this resort and were very disappointed. While the staff was very friendly, the service at the pool area was horrible. We were ignored constantly and had to wait forever just to get a drink. When we finally got our lunch order it was incorrect and we then had to wait another 20 minutes for them to correct our order. They advertise that one of their pools is an "adult only relaxation pool", but this is not the case. Only half of the pool is adult only and it's anything but relaxing. They do not stop kids from coming into that side of the pool and we constantly had to tell parents that this was an adult only pool. There are no signs letting people know this on the other side so i don't blame the parents for this. It's very confusing and they do not enforce this policy at all. For a resort of this caliber and the amount of pools they offer they should simply make the entire pool adult only. It just makes no sense and many other resorts i have visited always have a designated adult only pool. The pool staff does not pick up your empty glasses and I can't tell you how many times we would just watch them walk by and not pay attention to the trash around the pool. The other very negative thing is that they allow smoking at the bar area and around the pool. So besides the obnoxious party people and loud children screaming we were also subject to cigar and cigarette smoke all day. Not a pleasant and enjoyable experience at all!!! I would much rather stay at the Westin Kierland or the Four Seasons for the money you pay to stay here. I will not be back!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Monica D
PhoenicianManager, Public Relations Manager at The Phoenician, Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Thank you for providing your valuable feedback, which is reviewed by our management staff to ensure our AAA Five Diamond standards are being met. Cleanliness and an acute attention to detail are the foundation of our service culture – areas that consistently receive high rankings from our guests. In regards to your experience, unfortunately, we fell short of this mark. Please know that our commitment to enhancing the guest experience at our pool complex is ongoing – most recently with the addition of the SURGE splash pad, a new bar and Jacuzzi, along with special activities and events that provide something for everyone. We hope you will visit us again and allow us to demonstrate what a stay at The Phoenician is truly all about.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Just returned from eight nights and a fantastic hotel. Regular visitor to Scottsdale area from Scotland and not stayed at this hotel for 15 years. Was fantastic, great buffet breakfast, underground parking great for keeping the car cool and loading/unloading (especially shopping!). Great location and beautiful grounds. I got engaged whilst there and Kaylee Bolger there could not have been more helpful in planning an amazing night. Can't wait to return

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
PhoenicianManager, Public Relations Manager at The Phoenician, Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Thank you for sharing your recent review. We are thrilled to hear that we could welcome you back after 15 years for a fantastic vacation! Most importantly, congratulations your engagement! We look forward to welcoming you back on a return trip to Scottsdale.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Great place for vacation with anyone. I went with my husband and 20 months daughter. Good food, great service, and atmosphere. The only draw back was the J&B steakhouse. The food was not that good and over price. Save your money and enjoy the other restaurants in the hotel. Il Terrazzo had great service and delicious food.
The pools are awesome. They treated us like VIPs. I would definitely comeback to stay at hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family