We stayed at The Phoenician in Scottsdale, Az. from 1/15/09 thru 1/18/09. The hotel and grounds were beautiful, but we encountered a number of problems with the service and staff. The big problem was, I had a diabetic medical emergency and went to the mini bar to quickly grab some juice only to find I either a) didn't have a key or b) couldn't find one after searching for it. I dialed "0" and was put on hold for a while and then was connected to the front desk. I clearly stated "I am having a diabetic medical emergency and don't have a key to the mini bar. I need sugar." The reply was: "We'll send somebody right away". I waited for about 10 minutes, the need growing more urgent and finally I called our friend who was staying a floor below us and told her that I needed help. She came right up with juice and M & M's. (My blood sugar reading was 61 when this all started). My friend called the desk and got the same person I had called to ask why nobody had responded to my urgent medical call. He said he had "called the bell captain and informed him" because he himself could not leave the desk or he would have been fired. She demanded to speak to the manager and was told that he was not there but would be told to call her. Instead, he called our line while we were out and apologized that we "had not received a key to the mini bar and it would not happen again". No mention of the fact that they had ignored a medical emergency call. In addition, we found the service on the outdoor dining to be terrible - it took almost 3 hours to get a dinner completely served and the staff to be dismissive in most venues.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Phoenician is a luxury resort in Scottsdale, Arizona, situated on 250 acres at the base of Camelback Mountain. From May through September 2017, The Phoenician will be undergoing extensive enhancements to its signature public areas. During this time, the main lobby, front desk, pool complex, spa and select dining venues will be closed. These services and amenities will be available at alternate locations on the resort grounds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick and Cancelon so you can book your The Phoenician, Scottsdale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Phoenician, Scottsdale Hotel Scottsdale
- Phoenician Hotel Scottsdale
- The Phoenician Hotel Scottsdale
- The Phoenician, Scottsdale Arizona