The Phoenician, Scottsdale
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$135
Hotels.com
  • Pool
La Quinta Inn & Suites Phoenix Scottsdale(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
US$113
Hyatt Place Scottsdale/Old Town(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
US$159
US$142
US$199
US$179
  • Pool
The Scottsdale Resort at McCormick Ranch(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
US$242
US$205
US$164
3 Palms Hotel(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
US$84
Fairmont.com
  • Restaurant
US$386
2,269 results
All reviewscamelback mountaincactus gardenil terrazzogolf courserelish burger bistroluxury collectionthirsty camelmain buildingturn down serviceluxury hotelcasita roomcanyon suitesbeautiful resortspa treatmentspool staffgolf clubself parking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 January 2009

We stayed at The Phoenician in Scottsdale, Az. from 1/15/09 thru 1/18/09. The hotel and grounds were beautiful, but we encountered a number of problems with the service and staff. The big problem was, I had a diabetic medical emergency and went to the mini bar to quickly grab some juice only to find I either a) didn't have a key or b) couldn't find one after searching for it. I dialed "0" and was put on hold for a while and then was connected to the front desk. I clearly stated "I am having a diabetic medical emergency and don't have a key to the mini bar. I need sugar." The reply was: "We'll send somebody right away". I waited for about 10 minutes, the need growing more urgent and finally I called our friend who was staying a floor below us and told her that I needed help. She came right up with juice and M & M's. (My blood sugar reading was 61 when this all started). My friend called the desk and got the same person I had called to ask why nobody had responded to my urgent medical call. He said he had "called the bell captain and informed him" because he himself could not leave the desk or he would have been fired. She demanded to speak to the manager and was told that he was not there but would be told to call her. Instead, he called our line while we were out and apologized that we "had not received a key to the mini bar and it would not happen again". No mention of the fact that they had ignored a medical emergency call. In addition, we found the service on the outdoor dining to be terrible - it took almost 3 hours to get a dinner completely served and the staff to be dismissive in most venues.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business
9  Thank travelsalot_7
Reviewed 10 January 2009

Lovely hotel with very courteous and helpful staff. I stayed at a spacious casita and although I had to walk to the main hotel, it was a lovely walk though the grounds. At departure I called for a staff member to pick me up for check-out and he was there immediately with the golf cart.

We also rented a car which was promptly delivered to us. When the young man inspected it and noticed the trunk was full of dry grass he took it away immediately and cleaned it up for us.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank SeychellesDream
Reviewed 29 December 2008

We booked a package deal through Liberty Travel for a Christmas stay.
I arrived a few hours before my parents and was greeted by Aaron at the front desk and by Robert, who helped me with my bags. Robert was wonderful, it was obvious Aaron wanted to be elsewhere.
My mother purchased a package deal and requested mountain views. Aaron confirmed that we faced the mountain. Our rooms faced the parking lot. Since they were at 17% capacity I asked to change rooms. Robert was gracious and immediately went to the hotel manager to see what he could do. Aaron, need i say it? not friendly.
I changed rooms to a garden level, no real view, but better than a parking lot.
In general, the rooms were nice, a bit dated, but nice. the grounds were beautiful and the pools (although under repair) were lovely. too cold to swin anyway I suppose. The waitstaff were wonderful, the food delicious.
Our only problems were centered around Aaron, who was asked to make dinner reservations at the Windows on the Green, he never did since when we arrived, the placed was closed.
He was also very rude to my parents at check out when they were working out the bill. Again, it was a package deal. Breakfast was included. Aaron was infomred at check in and he confirmed that it would be taken care of.
He must have forgotten, because at check out all breakfasts were charged and Aaron stated that they do not honeor third party coupons. are you kidding? My mother called Liberty Travel, who immediately recified the situation, love them.
Rather than admitting his mistake, Aaron told my mother that she should have brought this to his attendtion at check in. She reminded him that she had.
All in all, the place was nice, but the front desk was terrible and caused all sorts of problems, plus they nickel and dime you for everything. For their room rates, it's insulting. Gym access $25/pp, internet $12/day
Go to the Ritz, or the Four Seasons, there is a reason they are well known and established.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
9  Thank WendyEliz
Reviewed 10 December 2008

Our family of four just returned from a 3 night getaway at The Phoenician Hotel in Scottsdale. The first impression of the hotel is stunning with beautiful architecture and landscaping. The rooms at the Phoenician are the most comfortable I have stayed in. Every need has been premeditated to make sure you are as comfortable as can be and the beds and linnens were the best.
The hotel has 9 pools and beautiful pool side Cabana's which we took advantage of. There was no need to eat off premises either. We breakfasted on our own patio with fresh made pastries and coffee from the Ice cream cafe and dined at both the Italian restuarant and the Windows on the green which were both superb. We really enjoyed the terrace for our after dinner drinks where seating is arranged around giant outisde fireplace pits for total luxury. Our 6 year old even got to roast marshmallows! I would recommend the Phoenician for famalies looking for a great family getaway and total relaxation.

Stayed: December 2008
4  Thank kemac2016
Reviewed 7 December 2008

My girlfriends and I chose the Phoenician for our annual weekend getaway based on location and spa services. We were not disappointed! We arrived and were warmly greeted and shown to our room on the ground floor (leads straight out to the numerous pools and luscious grounds). We booked two rooms and had asked for them to be adjoining -- no problem, our request was honored. We happen to stay during a non-busy weekend (September 19-22), and it was wonderful -- no crowds at the pools, got our spa treatments when we wanted, and enjoyed poolside and golfside dining in a peaceful surrounding. The grounds were well tended, the staff were friendly and accommodating, and the amenities in the bathrooms were well stocked/replenished. The concierge was very helpful when we asked about a walking/hiking route -- we were directed towards Camelback Mountain and sent off with complimentary bottles of water. What a view! The plus side: Very friendly staff, clean rooms and well appointed/stocked with fresh towels and bath needs, well manicured grounds, top-notch spa. The minus side: hotel uses a private car to take you where you want to go, but does not offer taxis to come onto the property unless you request one. If you do use the private car, be aware the price range can be anywhere from $10-14, at the discretion of the driver (even if the destination is less than 3 miles away). Also, the hotel restaurant, Il Terrazo, we felt was way overpriced for the (non) quality of service (limited staff) and food (had better fine dining away from the resort).

• Stayed: September 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank 2darlingbuds