The Phoenician, A Luxury Collection Resort, Scottsdale
US$79
Hotel Valley Ho(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
US$124
US$118
US$224
Fairmont.com
  • Restaurant
US$255
US$222
  • Pool
The McCormick Scottsdale(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$112
The Scott Resort & Spa(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
US$193
US$126
Agoda.com
US$197
US$181
US$97
  • Breakfast included
Gainey Suites Hotel(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
US$142
US$312
US$272
2,280 results
All reviewscamelback mountaincactus gardenil terrazzogolf courserelish burger bistroluxury collectionthirsty camelmain buildingturn down serviceluxury hotelcasita roomcanyon suitesbeautiful resortspa treatmentspool staffgolf clubself parking
Reviewed 27 May 2009

Fantastic stay! Rooms were awesome, clean and staff bent over backwards for our every need. SPA was AMAZING!! I highly recommend this resort for groups, couples and outings!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 May 2009

We were going to Scottsdate for a wedding. We decided on the Phoenician for 3 nights even after reading some poor reviews on tripadvisor. I was there for 2 weeks! I have stayed at some of the top resorts in the US and this was right up there with all of them. This includes 4-season (Maui) and Ritz Carlton (Lake Las Vegas). I do not understand some the past poor reviews. Everything at the resort was near perfect.

I am a SPG Platinum member and did get an upgraded room to a much larger room. I noticed they were doing construction right outside my room and requested a room change. They said they were out of the larger rooms and could only put me in the mountian view basic room. Room was very nice (bit small) but very impressive.

Food was amazing here. We loved breakfast and the italian restaurant at night. I will upload a pic of the meal but both were 5 star meals.

Pool was amazing. Waiters were everywhere looking to charge $20 for a cheeseburger. I accidently paid $18 for sun tan loation. O-well. Not too worried since I was on vacation.

Tennis courts were amazing with a small play area with the Wii setup. Enjoyed that. I have an 18 month old daughter and we cannot wait to take her here next Spring.

Self park was SOOO easy and FREE! Did I mention it was free? I was amazed how close it was and that it was free! You basically park underground right under the lobby for free.

Overall, if you can take the $200-$400 per night in Scottsdale then there is nowhere else to stay. Lots to do with incredible grounds and service. A must stay if you are in Scottsdale.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled solo
4  Thank PSPman222
Reviewed 23 May 2009

I am a very discriminating traveler and it takes a lot to impress me. I've visited this resort twice and it is probably the best place I've ever stayed. The service is absolutely, positively exceptional - you cannot beat it. The grounds are beautiful. I'm not a huge fan of Scottsdale, as there aren't a whole lot of things do "see" in the area, but you can spend several days at this resort and not miss the outside world.

I wholeheartedly recommend this resort to anyone visiting the Phoenix area. It is a great place to stay. If possible, and if you can afford it, I recommend staying in the Canyon Suites (a resort inside a resort), but all of their rooms are great.

Awesome service. Awesome food. Really cool afternoon tea. You really need to stay here!

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Luxury Link
2  Thank andy4pr
Reviewed 21 May 2009

I was at The Phoenician for a business meeting for several days. It is a very nice resort that is conveniently located. I opted to extend my stay by one night which set me back $199 (1/2 of the regular price). The restaurants and bars are EXTREMELY expensive as were the Spa services. They also charge $12.95 a day for internet access, which, for such an expensive resort, should be included in the cost of the room. I did enjoy the Cactus Garden, which features over 300 types of cactus and desert plants. The pools were very nice as well. I probably would not seek this out as a place to stay if I were traveling at my own expense, but it was a nice experience on the company's dollar.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank chicagonurse
Reviewed 19 May 2009

We are SPG members and my 4 girlfriends and I go away every year on mostly points. We like to stay in a suite so we can all be together. We were upgraded to a Casita suite from two rooms-which was really nice of the manager. We also like to have a kitchenette for wine/cheese and some breakfast foods. We arrived to find the kitchen like the "grinch who stole Christmas." There wasn't even a knife in the drawer, no dishes, no papertowels, no coffee maker-zero. Why have a fridge and dishwasher if it's not a real kitchen. We did love the pool, we hiked Camelback (amazing), the yoga teacher was awesome, the food at La Terrazza was great although waitress in the bar was terrible, she tried to sell us on the 50% off any wine at least 5 times and was constantly interrupting us for no real reason, and when it was time to pay she stranded us) Rooms were tired and furniture dated, however bed was super comfortable, bathrooms gorgeous/all marble, flat screen TV's. The grounds were amazing, but overall they just don't have their act together enough to be 5 star.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends