“Nice location, too much noise”

Hyatt Place Scottsdale/Old Town
Ranked #14 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 2 February 2012

I stayed at this location from a Saturday through Monday. The location and staff were great, but it was just too noisy for me. I was on the second floor and I could hear everything outside (other guest rolling their bags into and out of the hotel) and inside (guest talking in the hallway). I was unable to get a good night's rest either night I was there. The hotel is near a club and on Saturday night, the noise was non-stop until 3 am. Plus the parking lot filled as the club opened. The hotel gives guest parking passes but from what I saw, that did not help during the club's hours.

I got this hotel for a lower price then the other hotels near it, but next time I think I will spend a little extra. I'm not sure what the hotel can do to reduce the noise.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Hyatt Place Scottsdale/Old Town

Reviewed 1 February 2012

I really enjoyed the location of this hotel. I was able to walk into town to go to the bars. The breakfast was pretty good and it is included in the room rate. Rooms are nice with flat screens. I had the 2 double bed rooms and a friend and I shared the room. Wasn't too pricey compared to a few down the road. Overall a good experience.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
HPGeneralManager, General Manager at Hyatt Place Scottsdale/Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2012

Glad you enjoyed the convenience of being in the heart of Old Town Scottsdale. We are happy that you chose the Hyatt Place Scottsdale/Old Town. Come back and see us soon!

Reviewed 29 January 2012

If noise doesn't bother you, this is place is for you. The hotel is attached to a night club with party people in the hotel and hanging outside the club unti 3 am. The hallways are noisy, the heating and cooling system is noisy and make sure you are not next to the elevator. The breakfast is ok, but if you are gluten free- forget about it. Not a great choice in Old Town.

• Stayed: January 2012
2  Thank Snakerivergirl
Reviewed 12 December 2011

This hotel is in an excellent location if your going to Scottsdale to shop, eat, or go out. This is not a place our going to experience a completely quiet night. It's not as bad as previous reviews have claimed.

The room was decent. Stain on the floor. Small bathroom. Very small closet. Nice sectional sofa.

The lobby is stylish. The hall ways smelled of bleach. I guess you can't really complain about a clean small.

The complimentary breakfast had a lot of choices. Still didn't make it great. Only reason it was good was because it was included we were hungover. It was frozen type breakfast sandwiches. Not warmed up all the way.

Asked for a late check out. They kindly allowed it, but the room service knocked about 4 times asking when we planned on leaving. I booked a room that slept 4, but forgot to mark 4 on ky reservation, Sp they charged me more. I have never had that happen.

All in all, go for the night life. If you want a decent place to sleep for a night. This is the place. Would only recommend if friends were going for the nightlife

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank MatthewG129
HPGeneralManager, General Manager at Hyatt Place Scottsdale/Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are so pleased that you enjoyed our location and some of the other characteristics of our hotel. I wanted to follow-up with you on a couple of your comments. Our complimentary hot breakfast buffet is a new addition to our property, as of September. The breakfast sandwiches are made fresh daily and are never frozen. Our staff assembles them each morning during the breakfast hours, and we always intend them to be fresh and at the appropriate temperature. If this was not the case, we apologize and will look into this situation further. Additionally, our room prices are for single or double adult occupancy. If a room has more than 2 adults, the charge is an additional $10 per person, which is a hotel industry standard. We hope to have the opportunity to host you again in the future and hope that next time every aspect of your stay will exceed your needs.

Janet Woolf-Hof

Reviewed 18 November 2011

As a brand, Hyatt Place is really growing on me. Gone is the old formula of a room and instead you get the feel of an apartment. This property is fantastic. Right in the middle of the action, a little removed from the main road. One thing to be mindful of when checking in, outside the front door are 3 nightclubs, all within 20 yards of you. It is noisy if you have a higher room number. Looking for a nice quiet room? As for the lower numbered rooms on any floor. Otherwise you'll hear the thumping of music until roughly 1230am.

Staff here are very friendly, the free breakfast is plenty to start your day, rooms are huge, big plasma tv's. Certainly a must-stay if you want to explore Old Scottsdale or at least enjoy the nightlife fun the area offers.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank grif858
Reviewed 1 November 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 3 nights for a business trip and it was our first experience at a Hyatt Place. We are sold! Very different lobby and studio apartment/suite type room layout. Staff was friendly and helpful, free breakfast was nice and great variety for a continental type set-up. Finishes and decor were lovely. My only complaint was that with the unique room layout the actual bathroom was tiny, Snug between stool/tub/door. We joined the Gold Card program or whatever their rewards program is called and look forward to staying at another one again!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 October 2011

Excellent location - blocks from Old Scottsdale, Fashion Square Mall and numerous restaurants. Comfortable rooms and beds. Exemplary service from the hotel staff. I brought my staff of 15 to Scottsdale for a retreat and I wanted them to feel special without breaking the bank. The rooms are very spacious and comfortable. The breakfast in the morning has greater variety than most complimentary breakfasts. Everyone was kind and helpful. I would bring my family here for a vacation stay or return here for a business stay. Very nice all around hotel.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are the same.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business