“Nice place to stay”

Hyatt Place Scottsdale/Old Town
Ranked #16 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 13 November 2012 via mobile

Stayed here with my family over Veterans Weekend. Staff and check in were perfect. The room was very clean and spacious for my wife and two teen daughters. I was not a fan of the breakfast and that's the only reason for my markdown. Location is in the middle of everything in Old Town. Night club right outside of hotel side door for adult time. GREAT STAY!!!

• Stayed: November 2012

Reviewed 27 October 2012

As soon was we walked in the lobby, we were greeted by the friendly front desk staff. We checked in and the front desk clerk was very, very helpful. He gave us a map of the area and throughly explained and highlighted the areas of Scottsdale Oldtowne and what they offered. He gave us a lot of good tips about the area and helpful information about the hotel and its amenities.

The room was spacious, modern and clean. We had booked a room with two queen beds because no king bed rooms were available. The first bed we had laid down in was very uncomfortable. There was an indentation in the center of the mattress that caused you to sink in towards it. Luckily, the other bed was perfectly comfortable.

The location of this hotel is great if you want to explore downtown Scottsdale and Oldtowne. Everything is within walking distance and it's a very pretty area.

We stayed on a Friday and Saturday night. There is a club/bar located near the parking lot behind the hotel that played very loud music and was very noisy until about 1:30 am or later. If you're a light sleeper, I would ask for a room as far away from the area of the club as possible.

Overall, we had a wonderful stay at this hotel and it's a great launching point to explore Scottsdale and the surrounding areas.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 October 2012

Stayed for one night at end of a tour.Lovely spacious room with great comfy beds.It was great that there was free wifi so as a Brit I could check all the news in the UK.The breakfast was delicious -especially the eggs and mushrooms on a croissant!

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 September 2012

We stayed for one night recently and received a warm, friendly welcome by the front desk staff. We asked about local eateries and they gave us a map showing all the restaurants within walking distance. They also mentioned a local restaurant who would give us 20% discount if we mentioned The Hyatt. We tried the Saddle Ranch Chop House, 4321 N.Scottsdale Rd, and had a brilliant meal. It is an authentic cowboy restaurant which offered excellent steaks - well worth a visit.

Our room was very luxurious and spacious. Decor very modern, light and clean. Large corner settee, with kitchenette area, fridge, safe, desk and chair. Leading through to bedroom area with huge TV, two beds and washbasin. The bathroom was quite small with toilet and bath. Fresh, clean shower curtain and soft fluffy towels.

The buffet breakfast area was incorporated in with the front desk area, so at busy times it was impossible to get a seat, much better to wait till after 08.45.

Scottsdale is quite a large town with plenty of shops, malls and eateries.

Excellent visit.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
HPGeneralManager, General Manager at Hyatt Place Scottsdale/Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2012

Thank you for this wonderful review. I am so glad that you enjoyed both our hotel and the Scottsdale area. Please keep us in mind next time you plan a trip to Arizona. We would love to host you again!

Reviewed 14 September 2012

The pool area was horriable. Room was not clean and front desk did not want to be bothered.Traveled with a group of six and no one had anything good to say staying at the hyatt. Love scottsdale for the sports weekend. Only negative part of the trip was the hotel.:(Would not stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
HPGeneralManager, General Manager at Hyatt Place Scottsdale/Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2012

I am disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We want all of our guests to enjoy our property and to select our hotel for future stays as well. If you can please give me a call at your convenience (480-423-9944), I would like to discuss the challenges that you faced during your stay and to apologize for your experience.

Reviewed 6 September 2012

A group of us stayed at this property and the hotel was well located in the old part of scottsdale close to resteraunts and nite life. the rooms were clean and neat staff was polite as well .A great breakfast is included with the rate as well .hotel has wi-fi and computer room as well as a pool

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 August 2012

Being that this trip to Phoenix was my first, I was a little leary about staying outside of the city. I found this hotel and called and the hotel staff was amazing on the phone, so that convinced me to book this hotel. It was so easy to find once I left the airport and it was really in a great location. Just 10 minutes from downtown Phoenix, right near Tempe and Old Town Scottsdale was a great little town. The shops and the restaurants were within minutes of walking distance from the hotel. The Fashion Square Mall was 2 minutes away and was fantastic if you love to shop or good restaurants to eat at. The view on the way to the hotel itself was great. Being from the east coast and now in Texas, I really appreciated the scenery and especially how CLEAN this are was over-all. Once I got to the hotel, it was a breeze to check in. The staff was especially amazing and very accomodating. The room was nice, the bed was super comfy, the flatscreen was great and so was the sitting area. The actual bathroom itself could be updated a big more, but they did have construction crews in the hotel- remodelin some of the rooms, so that was nice to see renovation. The construction crew were very friendly to the guests. Now the real kicker for this hotel is the staff. They were AMAZING. Everyone was super friendly to me. Whenever I had a question about the area or about anything "cool" to do- they were very helpful with the information about the area or the good places to go. They even gave me coupons off the local restaurants. Two young ladies, Jenny and Evi, made my stay great. On my last night, my plans had gotten screwed up a bit, so I went down to grab a bite to eat in the hotel lobby (which serves food 24/7). Jenny and Evi were so great to sit and chit-chat with me and keep me company. It is truely people like them, that take time out of their shift, to be extremely hospitable- that really makes the vacation worthwhile. They really made me feel at home and happy with the choice of the hotel. I can't say enough about this place- so if you're debating on where to stay on your visit to Phoenix- this is definately it. Not to mention if you enjoy going out, there are some nice bars and they even have people on golf-carts that can take you around as a safety pre-caution if you tip them a few bucks.

Room Tip: I was on the 4th floor and it was a nice room. No complaints.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank Misty C
HPGeneralManager, General Manager at Hyatt Place Scottsdale/Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2012

This is truly fantastic feedback! We have an amazing team here, and I am happy to hear that they took good care of you during your stay. I will be sure to pass your comments on to Jenny and Evi. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the Phoenix/Scottsdale area!