“Great Hotel!”

Hyatt Place Scottsdale/Old Town
Ranked #14 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Great hotel with exceptional customer service! Rooms are nice size, and the complimentary breakfast was wonderful. The staff was very accommodating. Great amenities and conveniently located. Comes highly recommended. Will absolutely stay again!

Room Tip: Our room faced towards the lobby, with a great view!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
HPGeneralManager, General Manager at Hyatt Place Scottsdale/Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We appreciate whoever made the referral and know that this is best type of advertising we can get.

Thanks for the review and your time to complete it.

There are newer reviews for Hyatt Place Scottsdale/Old Town

Reviewed 16 January 2014

This is the best Hyatt Place in which I've stayed. The staff is very helpful. There were multiple, appetizing breakfast options. Most importantly for me, they fixed the age old Hyatt Place problem - the cycling air/heat unit. In most HP's, you can have a fan OR heat/air that cycles all night. They very recently had a renovation and installed a REAL THERMOSTAT!! No longer do you hear the unit cycle on/off! I was here during the week and there was no noise from the outside. It's very convenient to Old Town. Don't feel like walking, there is a local "golf cart" taxi service available (local taxis won't go short distances).

Room Tip: They have white noise machines available if needed (previous posters-prior to the reno-have mentione...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank cup-of-jo

We appreciate your vote for the best Hyatt Place! We know you have many choices in the area to choose from and we are glad you stayed with us.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you on another visit.

Reviewed 15 January 2014

The Hyatt Place in Scottsdale is a top performer relative to other Hyatt Places in the country. Furthermore, HP Scottsdale is the best value in town... the staff is excellent, the hotel is in a great location, and the breakfast is full of everything you could possibly want. I stayed at this hotel for 50+ nights, and I was never disappointed.

The hotel is in the heart of old town Scottsdale and there are dozens of restaurants within walking distance. From steak houses (ben and jacks) to wing bars (gilligans.. which is a unique experience... try to go to Goldfish Races on Tuesdays), you'll be able to find a restaurant that you like. If you don't want to walk, there is a golfcart service - not affiliated with HP - that will take you anywhere within 2-3 miles ... I had a broken leg, and HP would happily call this service whenever I wanted to go pick up/eat out at restaurants.

The friendly staff at HP Scottsdale operates as well as any staff I've seen at top tier hotels. They make all Hyatt Gold Passport members feel like they're extremely valued, which is hard to come across these days. Even if you're not a Diamond member, they offer everyone a complimentary breakfast that is the best breakfast buffet I've seen in any hotel.

In Regard to rooms, they are enormous, you won't find a better value. Out of my 15+ stays at this hotel, I never had a dirty room or any complaints about the cleanliness of my room.

Setbacks - Be wary in February when Spring Training starts, rates will jump and the hotel will be crowded. They also don't have room service, but I'd recommend eating out anyway.

Besides that, HP Scottsdale is a homerun.

Room Tip: MAKE SURE you dont have a room by the ice machine, this will compromise a night of good sleep. Trust...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
HPGeneralManager, General Manager at Hyatt Place Scottsdale/Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

WOW! This is a glowing review and I will pass on your compliments to all of the staff that made your stay enjoyable. We are happy to know that you enjoyed the comfort of "your home away from home". Hyatt Place Scottsdale is certainly in a great location and you mentioned many of the great restaurants and things to do in the area that are super close by to the hotel.

We hope to have you as our guest again. Thank you for being our guest and I appreciate the time you took to write the review!

Best regards,

Reviewed 14 January 2014

My family and I recently stayed at the Hyatt Place in Old Town Scottsdale for a 4 night stay. The hotel room was just right for a family of 5. 2 Queen beds and a full sized pull-out sofa made it a great value for a family like ours to be able to stay in one room. The desk area with free internet, and the fridge in the room were added bonuses. Coupled with the complimentary hot breakfast each morning, we felt like we had hit on the perfect hotel for our visit. A great rate sealed the deal! The front desk crew, housekeepers, and frankly everyone we encountered were friendly and helpful. They even offer a gold cart shuttle to restaurants, etc. near the hotel. Property is very clean and appears to be very new. The location is fantastic with no shortage of shopping and restaurants within walking distance. My wife used the free Scottsdale trolley several times to get to and from the Scottsdale Fashion Mall...(uh oh). We will definitely be staying at Hyatt Place hotels more often in the future, and in fact, I have re-booked this particular hotel again for myself for a short business trip to the Phoenix / Scottsdale area next week!

Room Tip: Ask about the 'Golf Cart Shuttle' rides!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
HPGeneralManager, General Manager at Hyatt Place Scottsdale/Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

It is so great to hear that you and your family enjoyed your visit with us. We do have a perfect location for shopping and all that Old Town Scottsdale has to offer.

Looking forward to your return visit. Sincerely,

Reviewed 11 January 2014

This hotel is located right in the middle of Old Town Scottsdale. The location is perfect, there are lots of wonderful restaruants nearby within walking distance, as well as Old Town and a Wells Fargo Bank just up the streeet. I have stayed at the Hyatt Place Las Vegas and was not impressed. However, the Hyatt Place in Scottsdale was cleaner and the employees were friendlier. The rooms however are small and the floor plan is cookie cutter. The breakfast was okay, however, I ordered dinner from their 24 hour kitchen which was quite good. My only complaint would be regarding the parking. I attended a wedding and upon my return I noticed that most of the parking spaces were reserved for Valet parking but not for the hotel. I was lucky to get the last parking space.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Robert G
HPGeneralManager, General Manager at Hyatt Place Scottsdale/Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Thank you so much for the terrific review of your stay at Hyatt Place Scottsdale. I am so glad that you enjoyed Scottsdale. Some of the parking in front of the hotel does belong to the other businesses and in the evenings it becomes valet. We do have additional parking behind the hotel which can be accessed from 3rd Avenue just in case you did not know about it.

We hope to have you as our guest again soon.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

The breakfast is amazing and for a hotel breakfast is the best I've ever had.
The rooms were nice and spacious and for the money is a great value. It isn't a 5 star hotel but priced accordingly and for the money it is a 5 star value.
The front desk hooked us up with a golf cart whenever we needed to go out so it made transportation quick and easy. A MUST stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
HPGeneralManager, General Manager at Hyatt Place Scottsdale/Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your stay at Hyatt Place Scottsdale. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. I'm glad you had a great experience with our complimentary breakfast and found the golf cart transportation so convenient. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Scottsdale!

Reviewed 1 January 2014

I stayed at the Hyatt Place in Scottsdale.
The rooms were large with large desk space and good internet.
Breakfast was good, the staff very friendly and helpful.

The hotel offered a shuttle to everywhere in Scottsdale, but a lot was in walking distance.
It's a motel type property but nice.
I enjoyed the heated pool

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
HPGeneralManager, General Manager at Hyatt Place Scottsdale/Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us at Hyatt Place Scottsdale. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and found our staff so helpful. We look forward to seeing you again if your travel plans bring you back to Scottsdale in the future!

Best Regards,