“Great service, clean and location, location, location”

Hyatt Place Scottsdale/Old Town
Ranked #16 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
GreenLeadersSilver level
United States
“Great service, clean and location, location, location”
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Check in was perfect, room was nice, great coffee service (Starbucks), nice cocktails and a great free breakfast. The breakfast sandwiches were freshly made, tasteful and unique. The pool area was ok - not resort like but functional.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
HPGeneralManager, General Manager at Hyatt Place Scottsdale/Old Town, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Dear Trevman,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay at Hyatt Place Scottsdale. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us here in the heart of Old Town Scottsdale. I'm glad you had the chance to take advantage of all of the amenities offered at the hotel. We hope to see you again on a future visit!

Regards,
Janet Woolf-Hof

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Czech first
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 12 February 2014

I checked in for one night (February 7, 2014). I checked out the next afternoon not realizing I left some items behind. As soon as I realized I had left a pair of boots, jeans and top in the closet I immediately called the hotel to notify them in hopes of having my belongings returned. However, that was not the case. My belongings were never turned into Hyatt's lost and found. I spoke with Jana? the manager who assured me she would look into this matter. She questioned housekeeping but of course my belonging were "never seen". I know what I left in the room and I fully understand I am at fault to blame for my mistake. However, I choose to stay at Hyatt because I feel it is a nice establishment. I had many other options with a lower rate but choose Hyatt because it was a great place, location, I have stayed there many times before I enjoyed my stay. After my recent experience I am saddened to say that this weekend was my last staying at Hyatt. I hate to say that someone "stole" my belongings... But that is exactly what happened. I know I left them in the closet. I would hate to directly accuse anyone... But my belonging were never located, my phone call was never returned. It was all just swept under the rug. Fortunately, These belongings are replaceable. All material things in life are replaceable. Obviously one of the Hyatt's employees needed the items more than myself. But the feeling of not being able to trust someone to respect your belonging and time is something that cannot be replaced. I am very disappointed in how this matter was handled or lack of. I am certainly not trying to deter anyone from staying here, I just wanted to share my experience and make others aware.

-Missing belongings

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Stephanie c
HPGeneralManager, General Manager at Hyatt Place Scottsdale/Old Town, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
The hotel has taken your lost and found situation very seriously and has conducted a full investigation. As we discussed on the phone, our guests safety and security are of our utmost concern.

Thank you for your time and if you have further questions, do not hesitate to contact my office again.

Nanaimo BC
Reviewed 7 February 2014 via mobile

I really am enjoying my stay here...day 3 of 4. This hotel is perfect for my needs. The room is spacious, bed is comfortable, lots of mirrors and most importantly there are lots of places to plug in chargers.

It feels homelike. The staff are friendly and nothing is too much trouble for them.

We did not have a car and found we did not really need one. Although is a tourist trolley that goes around the area, we walked everywhere. There are lots of good restaurants nearby and the Fashion Square Mall is close by.

The morning breakfast buffet has lots of selection. For anyone needing soy milk, you just have to ask for it. There is a small fridge in the room.

I highly recommend the Hyatt Place especially for longer stays.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
HPGeneralManager, General Manager at Hyatt Place Scottsdale/Old Town, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Dear LittleGit -
Thank you so much for the review of Hyatt Place Scottsdale. I am so glad that the staff and close proximity to all of downtown enhanced your stay.

We recently added the charge port next to the bed for chargers and the like so happy that you were able to make use of this feature.

We hope to have you as our guest again in the near future.
Hyatt Place Scottsdale/Old Town
Henderson, Nevada
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Great hotel with exceptional customer service! Rooms are nice size, and the complimentary breakfast was wonderful. The staff was very accommodating. Great amenities and conveniently located. Comes highly recommended. Will absolutely stay again!

Room Tip: Our room faced towards the lobby, with a great view!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
HPGeneralManager, General Manager at Hyatt Place Scottsdale/Old Town, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We appreciate whoever made the referral and know that this is best type of advertising we can get.

Thanks for the review and your time to complete it.

CLT
Reviewed 16 January 2014

This is the best Hyatt Place in which I've stayed. The staff is very helpful. There were multiple, appetizing breakfast options. Most importantly for me, they fixed the age old Hyatt Place problem - the cycling air/heat unit. In most HP's, you can have a fan OR heat/air that cycles all night. They very recently had a renovation and installed a REAL THERMOSTAT!! No longer do you hear the unit cycle on/off! I was here during the week and there was no noise from the outside. It's very convenient to Old Town. Don't feel like walking, there is a local "golf cart" taxi service available (local taxis won't go short distances).

Room Tip: They have white noise machines available if needed (previous posters-prior to the reno-have mentione...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank cup-of-jo
We appreciate your vote for the best Hyatt Place! We know you have many choices in the area to choose from and we are glad you stayed with us.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you on another visit.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 15 January 2014

The Hyatt Place in Scottsdale is a top performer relative to other Hyatt Places in the country. Furthermore, HP Scottsdale is the best value in town... the staff is excellent, the hotel is in a great location, and the breakfast is full of everything you could possibly want. I stayed at this hotel for 50+ nights, and I was never disappointed.

The hotel is in the heart of old town Scottsdale and there are dozens of restaurants within walking distance. From steak houses (ben and jacks) to wing bars (gilligans.. which is a unique experience... try to go to Goldfish Races on Tuesdays), you'll be able to find a restaurant that you like. If you don't want to walk, there is a golfcart service - not affiliated with HP - that will take you anywhere within 2-3 miles ... I had a broken leg, and HP would happily call this service whenever I wanted to go pick up/eat out at restaurants.

The friendly staff at HP Scottsdale operates as well as any staff I've seen at top tier hotels. They make all Hyatt Gold Passport members feel like they're extremely valued, which is hard to come across these days. Even if you're not a Diamond member, they offer everyone a complimentary breakfast that is the best breakfast buffet I've seen in any hotel.

In Regard to rooms, they are enormous, you won't find a better value. Out of my 15+ stays at this hotel, I never had a dirty room or any complaints about the cleanliness of my room.

Setbacks - Be wary in February when Spring Training starts, rates will jump and the hotel will be crowded. They also don't have room service, but I'd recommend eating out anyway.

Besides that, HP Scottsdale is a homerun.

Room Tip: MAKE SURE you dont have a room by the ice machine, this will compromise a night of good sleep. Trust...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
HPGeneralManager, General Manager at Hyatt Place Scottsdale/Old Town, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
WOW! This is a glowing review and I will pass on your compliments to all of the staff that made your stay enjoyable. We are happy to know that you enjoyed the comfort of "your home away from home". Hyatt Place Scottsdale is certainly in a great location and you mentioned many of the great restaurants and things to do in the area that are super close by to the hotel.

We hope to have you as our guest again. Thank you for being our guest and I appreciate the time you took to write the review!

Best regards,
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 14 January 2014

My family and I recently stayed at the Hyatt Place in Old Town Scottsdale for a 4 night stay. The hotel room was just right for a family of 5. 2 Queen beds and a full sized pull-out sofa made it a great value for a family like ours to be able to stay in one room. The desk area with free internet, and the fridge in the room were added bonuses. Coupled with the complimentary hot breakfast each morning, we felt like we had hit on the perfect hotel for our visit. A great rate sealed the deal! The front desk crew, housekeepers, and frankly everyone we encountered were friendly and helpful. They even offer a gold cart shuttle to restaurants, etc. near the hotel. Property is very clean and appears to be very new. The location is fantastic with no shortage of shopping and restaurants within walking distance. My wife used the free Scottsdale trolley several times to get to and from the Scottsdale Fashion Mall...(uh oh). We will definitely be staying at Hyatt Place hotels more often in the future, and in fact, I have re-booked this particular hotel again for myself for a short business trip to the Phoenix / Scottsdale area next week!

Room Tip: Ask about the 'Golf Cart Shuttle' rides!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
HPGeneralManager, General Manager at Hyatt Place Scottsdale/Old Town, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
It is so great to hear that you and your family enjoyed your visit with us. We do have a perfect location for shopping and all that Old Town Scottsdale has to offer.

Looking forward to your return visit. Sincerely,